• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Did You Learn Today?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
"Draconic rule came to an end when the elves created the Dracorage mythal, a powerful magical effect that incited all dragons across Faerûn to madness and mindless destruction, turning against each other and even against their offspring"

D&D lore

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Well, I learned from my psychologist that ADHD directly affects testing and test anxiety, which I suspected, but I also learned that those who have ADHD who are also intelligent, can actually brute force their way through school, but when they hit college, they hit a wall and they tend to fail.

ADHD also can directly affect IQ testing by as much as 20 points, due to the attention problems the disorder causes.

I directly had that experience, because that describes my entire school career. Did fine through elementary, middle, and did kinda okay in high school, but I got put on academic probation twice in college because of me just raw dogging academics with pure logic, no studying, and untreated ADHD.

Seriously, if you're young and suspect you're going through something please, for the love of all that's holy, get it addressed while you're still young, as untreated issues only get worse as you get older.

I wish I had this knowledge at least 10 years ago, and I wish I had addressed this when I was a child.

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
those who have ADHD who are also intelligent, can actually brute force their way through school, but when they hit college, they hit a wall and they tend to fail.
well crap

today I learned 37 billion tons of carbon dioxide are emitted each year, but we have a couple decades left to make that 0 until it's too late

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom