• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Did You Learn Today?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
It’s important to continue learning things, that’s how we grow as people. This doesn’t need to be a skill or a habit, it can be as small as a fun fact that you can then share with others. This thread is for the latter.

What is an interesting fact that you learned today? It can be about a hobby, a profession, history, or any other topic. It also doesn’t need to be this obscure fact, it can be something that might be considered common knowledge by people more versed in the subject. As long as it’s something that you didn’t know and do now, it’s fair game. Sources or links showing your point are welcome.

For me, I just learned that of all of the American accents and dialects, the one that is the most closely related to a proper English accent is the Southern accent, which makes sense but I never thought about it that way.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I learned just how inbred Charles II of Spain in the Hapsburg royal line was.

Iirc the last of the line suffered horribly due inheriting multiple undesirable recessive genes.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I learned just how inbred Charles II of Spain in the Hapsburg royal line was.

Iirc the last of the line suffered horribly due inheriting multiple undesirable recessive genes.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Charles II himself was actually so inbred that he was more inbred than if two siblings had children. Despite the fact he wasn't the progeny of two siblings having kids. It's actually crazy how it turned out.

Which led to a multitude of issues he had, like his severe underbite and large tongue, to where he couldn't eat properly, and could barely talk.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Charles II himself was actually so inbred that he was more inbred than if two siblings had children. Despite the fact he wasn't the progeny of two siblings having kids. It's actually crazy how it turned out.
Which is really saying something, because generally speaking cousin incest has a negligible effect on the offspring, especially when compared to sibling incest, but hundreds of years of it eventually adds up.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
A SiIvagunner FNAF rip sent me on a rabbit hole of learning about number stations this morning before I even got out of bed. They've been a thing in espionage for about a century now, and basically they're a shortwave station that has a random song or something playing so that the receiving party knows he's found his station, then occasionally there'll be a break in the music to list off some numbers corresponding to a single use cypher.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
A SiIvagunner FNAF rip sent me on a rabbit hole of learning about number stations this morning before I even got out of bed. They've been a thing in espionage for about a century now, and basically they're a shortwave station that has a random song or something playing so that the receiving party knows he's found his station, then occasionally there'll be a break in the music to list off some numbers corresponding to a single use cypher.
When is this used in FNAF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom