• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Were do kokiri come from?

Shadow Goris

The Stalker
Yes, were do kokiri come from? Are they born or are they forest spirits that come from wood or something? I think this just wasn't thought about by nintendo, so they don't have an answer. :(

Actually, I'm pretty sure that in Oot it says that the Kokiri are forest spirits created by the great Deku tree that never grow older than a child.

K

Keaton

Din created the earth, and Farore created the living things and Nayru created the laws of nature. So your answer is Farore.

Either that or the Deku Tree put his Deku Stick in some kind of meadow. Maybe a sacred meadow.

Well, looking at other kinds of trees, maybe the Deku tree grows gigantic acorns, and the Kokiri "hatch" from them. Either that or the Deku tree uses Magic or something.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
here is my idea and i know this is a huge stretch, but hear me and out and try not to be too critical. i think that the picori somehow become the kokori. the picori are never seen or heard of in any other game besides for MC, and in MC the picori that lived in the forest were the protectors of the forest. what if all the other picori (the mountain and town picori) started to die out and a magical being (the deku tree) was somehow present in the forest a long time after MC. this magical being decided to help the remaining picori that were on the verge of extinction and he turned them into the kokori so that they could survive and protect the forest as relatively normal humans (that just dont age). i know its a stretch but we have no idea how long OoT comes after MC (if you believe in that timeline) and it would explain why the picori arent around anymore or ever spoken of anymore. also in the wind waker, the deku tree (who is the child of the original deku tree) states the koroks used to have different forms before they became woodlike creatures. one of the sages in WW says that he used to be a kokori and one of his descendants is a korok. so this is pretty much saying that the koroks used to be the kokori. if they kokori could change forms into the koroks, it wouldnt be a huge stretch to say that the kokori could have also been something before they were kokori.

picori changed to kokori by deku tree, kokori were changed to koroks by the son of the deku tree (who is still called the deku tree).

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
yeah, they had a loooooooooooooooooot of vitamins and grew up a lot xD

ok well since its been confirmed that the kokori become the koroks who are half the size of the kokori and are made of wood, i dont think its impossible for tiny human like creatures to be turned into bigger humans that stay young forever. its the legend of zelda, man, lots of crazy things can and do happen.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Actually, I'm pretty sure that in Oot it says that the Kokiri are forest spirits created by the great Deku tree that never grow older than a child.

I thought they were all born, but I see your point because even when you grow older, they all stay the same age. Good answer :)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
they are forest spirits made by the great deku tree. that could mean many things. if the deku tree CHANGED the picori into kokori then he still technically made the Kokori. the deku tree has changed the Kokori into the Koroks so maybe he changed the picori into Kokori. the names are all somewhat connected to eachother. picorIII. kokorIII. KOROKS.

S

skullkidsreveng

Well there was this fanfic story you can find Herehttp://www.northcastle.co.uk/archive/history/post_kokiri.html

Now most of this if just thoery, however it states that the fairies you know what with the boy kokiri while thier asleep and run off, make a cuccoon on the great duku tree. A few months later, out come kokiri with no recolition of thier fairy life.

We all wondered why navi left after OoT now we know.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well there was this fanfic story you can find Herehttp://www.northcastle.co.uk/archive/history/post_kokiri.html

Now most of this if just thoery, however it states that the fairies you know what with the boy kokiri while thier asleep and run off, make a cuccoon on the great duku tree. A few months later, out come kokiri with no recolition of thier fairy life.

We all wondered why navi left after OoT now we know.

but thats just fanfic. its all just speculation or an idea that someone came up with to explain something. that doesnt make it right.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
fanfic is stuff that fans come up with. if it was real, i think it would be something that would have been stated in the game. its just some persons IDEA to explain something that they cant explain. its like religion, its just an idea to explain the unexplainable.

i, however, believe that kokori were created from the piccori.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom