• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Water Featuring in SS.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
Hello guys, I know that there's been a lot of talking about "is this thing gonna be in SS?" and maybe it grew a bit old but since they said SS gonna be different and this has been an almost stable feature in Zelda games I want to ask: Do you think we're gonna see any kind of water featuring? Do you think that we're going to see Blue Tunic or Zora armor or maybe something like the Zora mask? do you think that Iron Boots are going to be used as weight again to walk on the bottom? What about water temples? I know many people hate those but I think that water temples are important for the game's magic.
So what do you think?

Last edited:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well, after watching the two trailers on the site here again, I noticed that they didn't show any water at all (sorry if I'm just stating the obvious, I haven't followed any SS related discussion since E3). IMO that either means that there will be no underwater action at all (like in Wind Waker) or they're still working on it, because I can imagine it to be difficult to combine cel-shading on the one hand with non-opaque, "divable" water on the other hand.
OK, there were a few frames where you could see water(falls) in the Gametrailers video, but they seemed to be far away and rather opaque to me, so I tend to believe that there'll really be no underwater system.

S

Shika

I think, with the general attitude towards water levels in Zelda games so far, that would be one of the elements they would remain quiet about before launch >.>

Though I must say, I like the water temples.

Anyways, as for the Zoras...it would be interesting to see. I mean, this game takes a really early spot in the timeline, so who knows where Zora would be evolution-wise? Maybe we'll see some earlier form of Zora.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Well, seeing that clouds are made out of water, I think that there will be a water temple, and possibly the zora race will make an appearance.

But at this moment, with the trailers given and the information given, it looks like a water temple or any water element won't be making an appearance, but that's only with the information given. There will most likely be a water element in Skyward Sword, due to past Zelda games (There's always a water element in each of the more modern Zelda games, right?) So, I would like to see some kind of creative water element in Skyward Sword.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
About all the Zelda games have always had temples with a focus on forest, fire, and water, not necessarily in that order nor even all that obvious in their use of the element, but the elements have always been there. Will there be a clear and defined "water temple"? Maybe not, maybe just a temple that utilizes water elements without actually requiring swimming or the like, but even with SS's focus on innovation for the series I doubt they're gonna remove the basics, maybe just disguise them and spruce them up.

With the possibility of diving and breathing underwater, I can only hope that they will bring that back. WW was the only one of the big 3D titles that didn't feature diving, and that was mostly because it would have been too much hassle giving Link diving abilities in a giant ocean (hard to define a limit to the dives). Swimming around underwater is definitely something I enjoy greatly, though I'm not sure the likelihood of it happening since there's a bigger focus on the Sky this time around, but that still doesn't rule out the possibility.

The information we have on SS is rather scarce. We only have a basic idea of the plot, and the demo showed a location that won't even be featured in the actual game according to interviews. We really have no idea then what the overworld is gonna be like, what species we are going to encounter. Will we see the Zoras? There's nothing that really points in either direction. If the Zoras are present, then I really think we WILL see an underwater system, as most all the games with Zora in them also have the Zoras providing Link with some swimming/diving ability. If the Zora's are absent, we can still have a diving system, but Nintendo will have to be more creative with how they give that to us, and knowing Nintendo, I'm sure they'll find a way if they want. Maybe I'm just being optimistically hopeful, since I love swimming underwater and I love water dungeons, but at the same time it's certainly very possible that water elements like that will return. Who knows, we may even get more (I'm personally hoping for an underwater city X3).

C

Chosen 1

What if they broght back the diving system for OOT? With th the silver and golden scale? It didn't look like there was going to br much water, but what if?

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I think we will see water temples and underwater bits because I think that since there are gonna be Zoras, you gotta do water.

In Wind Waker they had a reason to take out the water areas due to the story line, new sailing mechanic, etc. In Skyward there is no reason to take out the water element. I think since there is no reason to take it out, it might hurt the game a bit. Personally, water dungeons are the more/most challenging, and are among my favorite in the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom