• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Volvagia

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
In the 'Do You Think the "key" Tells More Than We Think?' thread TheCongressMan1 mentioned the key resembling volvagia, and it got me to thinking. SS is supposed to be set before any other Zelda and it's stated in OoT by the Goron named Link that Ganondorf resurrects Volvagia, meaning he had already been defeated by 'the hero of Gorons.' Maybe in this game we'll get to Fight the original Volvagia and become the hero of Gorons. Thoughts?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
In the 'Do You Think the "key" Tells More Than We Think?' thread TheCongressMan1 mentioned the key resembling volvagia, and it got me to thinking. SS is supposed to be set before any other Zelda and it's stated in OoT by the Goron named Link that Ganondorf resurrects Volvagia, meaning he had already been defeated by 'the hero of Gorons.' Maybe in this game we'll get to Fight the original Volvagia and become the hero of Gorons. Thoughts?

This is a possibility. In Twilight Princess, the description of the Hero's Bow is that it was given to the Gorons after the hero saved them, or helped I can't remember. As the only game before TP (timeline-wise) featuring the bow is Skyward Sword, then the event must of taken place in that game. I don't know if Nintendo would rely on the timeline for mere items appearing in games, but it would be cool to see nonetheless.

As for Volvagia appearing, I doubt it. Nintendo wouldn't rehash an old boss just for the timeline's sake...

pupairo12

Skyward Sword Anticipator
I believe the Hero Of the Gorons was a goron, seeing as Daruna is a descendant of him. And who knows? Maybe there are countless heroes in legends that aren't games. At least not yet. That's predicting that we even see gorons in SS.

amaterasu

Writer
I don't think Nintendo should recycle any more bosses. Just look at Super Mario Sunshine! You fight the Polluted Parana over 3 times! And it's the same fight every time! NO VOLVAGIA UNLESS HE'S BETTER THAN IN OOT.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I've thought about this, and I think it's a possibility. It also very well may be not happening. I don't expect a bunch of different origin stories in the game, but I'm not gonna rule out Volvagia. Personally, though, I don't think she will be in the game. That's just me, though.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I doubt it. The Hero of the Gorons Darunia's son mentioned was a Goron... actually, it was implied that the Hero was a Goron, since Darunia is stated to be his descendant. And I doubt a Goron can be descended from a Hylian(or in this case, a Skyloftian) like Link. But, since it was only implied that the Hero was a Goron, and not actually stated, it is still possible it could be SS's Link, although I highly doubt it.

(Correct me if I'm wrong about it not being stated that the Hero of the Gorons was a Goron; I don't remember if that was actually stated or not.)

Doesn't Durania also say that Link is his brother after completing the fire temple? I'm not sure of it, but something similar could happen in SS. Though I highly doubt it, Volvagia is one of my favourite bosses. So I do like to see her in SS.

amaterasu

Writer
I've thought about this, and I think it's a possibility. It also very well may be not happening. I don't expect a bunch of different origin stories in the game, but I'm not gonna rule out Volvagia. Personally, though, I don't think she will be in the game. That's just me, though.

VOLVAGIA'S A GIRL!

yeah i guess that'd make sense.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Darunia's son did say that Darunia was a descendant of the hero, so he HAD to be a goron. Otherwise, the Link from Skyward Sword would be his father and that would be hella creepy.

Having quite a hard time figuring out how Volvagia would fit in a significant way into SwS style gameplay, honestly. Maybe you could slash his/her/whatever mouth in the right direction after it comes out of a hole in the ground? Doesn't sound good enough to me.

Nintendo has a long history of rehashing bosses though (not only in Zelda. There's also Ridley, Petey Piranha, Gohma, off the top of my head).

Also, I've already seen Volvagia portrayed as a girl in The Real Legend of Zelda parody (which I'm probably not allowed to directly post here). It's rofltastic!

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
would Nintendo rehash the same bosses because of the timeline? No. Would Nintendo rehash the same bosses because they want to? Yes. Many bosses have been rehashed in Zelda over and over again in different styles. just look at Gohma, Phantom Ganon, King Dodongo etc... I wouldnt rule out Volvagia being in Skyward Sword just yet :) I would LOVE to see Volvagia in Skyward Sword art style :)

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Perhaps there's a hammer in the game and we will fight a similar or different boss, but I'm not too sure about Volvagia.

I'm not sure.:S Like Cuju said, Nintendo wouldn't rehash an old boss just for the timeline's sake, so I don't think Volvagia will appear. But, if he does appear in Skyward Sword, Link might have to partner with the Hero of the Gorons to defeat Volvagia, and over time, the gorons could have forgotten about Link defeating Volvagia. :goron:

Volvagia

Gentlemanly Lava Dragon
I don't think that I need to say anything about how much I want Volvagia in the game. Unlikely? Sure. Awesome? Very!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom