• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Volvagia, Revived Dragon or Possessed Life Form.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
I bet you all know how Volvagia being a revived mythical dragon, but reading the manga of Oot got me wondering; is Volvagia as simple as that? or is he a creature (a snake for instance) that Ganon corrupted to create a new Volvagia? Does anyone think this theory can be applied for the game or the manga?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I like Volvagia's story in the manga.

I think that, maybe dragons of his variety become more dangerous when they grow up - not only bigger and stronger, but baser in instinct... but I also think that Ganondorf put some kind of spell or possession on him, corrupting him beyond salavage. I tend to think that this is what happened to the Twili, too, in Twilight Princess - that they were once innocent people who were transformed and corruted and that any semblance of their old selves or souls they have left are trapped within the corrupted, obdient to Evil forms.

Maybe Ganondorf just got ahold of Volvagia to "awaken" or train him. Perhaps it's kind of like taking a small puppy - cute, innocent, eager to please - and kicking it and beating it, and starving it, training it to hurt people/other dogs/small animals by rewarding it with food only when it does so. What you are left with is a vicious, dangerous dog that's very different from the small puppy you used to know. There's a reason why pounds and humane societies put down a lot of pit bulls - and it's not because they are an "evil breed" - I grew up with one that was raised with kindness and treated right, and so, became a good pet dog. I can easily imagine dragons being the same way - naturally very strong creatures who will be as "good" or "evil" to people as a master would train them to be. Sadly, Volvagia lost Link as a master sometime when the kid went into his seven-year sleep, and quite possibly was taken by Ganondorf and/or his minions.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I liked the manga story because it made Link show a more emotional side when he had to kill him, which made him want to get rid of Ganon even more.

I rather disliked the Manga so I didn't really read that much of it, also I don't tend to read Zelda manga, I don't really see the point =\ (I may have mis interpretated it though because one factor that put me off the OoT Manga was I found it hard as hell to make sense of, I don't know if I was just reading a bad copy or just lost interest, therefore didn't have the will to make sense of what I was looking at). Sorry if you don't see the following as relavent either...

After quickly checking this up though I think it could probably be applied but personally, I don't think it's out of the realms of Zelda that Ganon brought olvagia back from the dead. I mean, Ganon is an immortal man with a few exceptions of the powerful items that can actually slay him. In my opinion, the most simple answer is the real answer, Ganon used his Triforce of Power to bring ife back to the lifeless Volvagia (even if it is a mindless, zombie like being that is a shadow of what he once was), nothing else involved.

I believe this is relavant because even though the OoT Manga's version of events could be used, I just don't think it's that likely that it was...but then again, I don't actually believe if I can prove that my rather simple theory is correct.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
It's possible that Volvagia was corrupted, or all dragons are evil in Zelda games, we haven't seen a "good" dragon yet in a Zelda game.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Mikau play wind waker valoo in that is not evil man he (maybe a she) burns down ganondorf's fortress it the winged monster in general dont diss dragons

Coming from a strict gamers perspective, since i haven't read the manga, I'm pretty sure that Volvagia is a ancient dragon that was revived by Ganandorf to use Gorons as an example to other races, should they try and disobey. Holy run-on-sentence batman, lol. Anyway, I don't think that link is centuries old (ancient) therefore in terms of canon there is no way he could have been Links pet. More than likley, were talking of a very primitive hunter who likes Gorons and has been revived so no, I don't think Volvagia was ever "good" or capable of it. He ate Gorons. (asuming it's a he) I think of him more as snake with wings who can breath fire.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Could be both, you know. Just because Link saved Volvagia in the manga, it doesn't mean that Ganondorf didn't also revive him. Aaand he wasn't a pet in the manga, kids, Link just saved him, pretty much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom