• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Voice Acting

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
I don't even think there is voice acting in most video games, except for brawl and any other games I don't know about. Any-way, I think if LoZ had voice acting in it, it would just lose it's charm and general addiction. It just wouldn't be the big hit it is today! And also, I think it costs alot of money to do voice acting in video games, because if you are choosing what you want to say, then they have to actually record what you want to say into the conversation. No voice acting makes it feel that you are actually a character.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Honestly I'd very much like it if Nintendo gave Zelda voice acting. And really is it so bad to have voice acting in a once mute series? No it isn't. Mario was once mute and now they give the characters voice acting (sometimes) in the newer games like Galaxy and Bowser's Inside Story. They were great as far as they went (I can sadly only recall a few times when Peach or Roselina said something :cry:) and really it would be awesome if they switched over to voice acting.

Also voice acting really sets the tone for cutscenes and do you know why? Because you can feel the voice of the character! That's why! Instead of having boring text bubbles, you'd have actual voices and that helps set the tone. This is why I enjoy watching dubbed playthroughs and making my own voices for the characters (actually saying them! albeit I'm bad at some and terrific at others! for instance I'm good with Cole but horrible with Alfonzo in ST).

Now I'm not talking something like the characters always talk and you never get text bubbles. That would make things annoying. I imagine it sort of as how the Kingdom Hearts does voice acting: they use text bubbles for minor speech but voice acting for the important cutscenes.

And as for the whole name thing, I think it would be pretty obvious: they only let you name yourself Link or have it so that ingame your character's name is Link no matter what. Really I don't see anything wrong with it. Most people probably name their character Link most of the time.

All in all, I welcome voice acting in Zelda with open arms.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I really don't want voice acting for the characters. Especially the big three(Link, Zelda, and Ganon). When I read what the characters say, I imagine what they sound like in my head. And I know that if Nintendo gives Link, Zelda, and Ganon voices, that it won't meet my expectations.
And if there is voice acting in the next game, then I hope there will be a option to turn it off.

It would be really weird if you had voice acting for every character other than the Triforce bearers, it would be like they have purposely lost their voice.

To be honest you either give voice acting to EVERY character other than Link. Or you don't use voice acting at all.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
well, i guess sometimes i wish there were voices but i do like it when in TP Midna giggles and cackles and in the DS games where Toon Link grunts and stuff....

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I would want voice acting to happen just because I am sick of the fact that we have to read all the time. Of course I love reading, but I really wouldn't want to read in a video game. It just takes away from it all. You know what I mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom