• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Voice Acting in Zelda!

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
The Title says it all! It's about damn time we had some Voice acting in Zelda! I wanna hear the voices of the Characters!

I don't really care for voice acting. I think sometimes it kills the creativity of your own mind, while you don't get to imagine how the character would speak.

Voice acting would be a great addition to the series. Link finally talking make him more important would be a great idea.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Voice Acting--including for Link--would be a great addition to the series but I have to say that I am a bit biased and would only have the following language available: Japanese. Every single character in the Zelda series actually has a JP voice actor (Zelda recently got Megumi Toyoguchi who played the role of Aqua in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep to play the role of Zelda in SS), and we already have cinematic cutscenes with gasping and screaming and looks of various emotion, so for the current VAs to start speaking actual lines wouldn't be a big stretch in all honesty. It'd be like completing the whole, and despite people identifying Link as the silent hero, I'm sure that Noboyuki Hiyama or Akira Sasanuma's voice would resonate deeply with them. It might make development time take a bit longer, but it would be a great stride for the series! :yes:

I don't dig the whole Voice acting thing. It's one of the things Zelda doesn't need, it's more of a want.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
While I don't think Zelda needs voice acting I would not be opposed to its inclusion. Maybe do it like Prof. Layton, as in there is a voice over during cut-scenes and the more dramatic in-game moments but for the most part characters are silent and you read their dialogue in a text box.

Also, Nintendo should do a Zelda in which Link is a grizzled veteran with a big white beard and lots of scars and is voiced by Sean Connery. I would buy the fudge out of that.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I don't agree with Voice Acting on Zelda. It just doesn't fit into the series. Its better off like the way it is. I could only imagine the video game series be like the cartoon series. The Zelda cartoon series was very annoying to even hear. I believe that the Zelda game series is better without any voice acting.

bunny

birb overlord
This has been brought up a lot on here. I'm a bit confused as to why it's still being discussed.

In my opinion, Zelda should never have voice acting. It hasn't before, and it's just fine the way it is. Honestly, the characters not having voices leaves it up to your imagination to think of what they'd sound like. I enjoy that. Most games these days have voice acting, and I've always felt that Zelda is unique for not being pressured into doing what other series are.

However, if Zelda ever DID get voice acting, I'd agree with Ven; only one language should be available: Japanese. I find that when voice acting is re-done in another language, it just sounds awful. There's nothing better than the original. I really feel that the Japanese voice actors overall just do a better job. Most games that I play with English voice acting I don't even finish because it sounds so horrible.

I guess the reason I am against Zelda having voice acting is because I'm afraid the voices they choose won't fit the characters like I'd hope, and I'll end up not finishing the game... I'm not saying I don't think it'd be a nice addition to the series, it would, if it were done correctly. If they do ever put voice acting in Zelda, I hope they at least make it optional for those who don't want it.

One thing is certain though, it's ultimately Nintendo's decision as to whether or not voice acting should be added to Zelda.

I like the noises, screams, giggles, etc. but i will not buy into voice acting. My thought is the language is better disscused in a text box because alot of the fans might not beable to catch what they are saying the first run through instead of getting it at your own pace.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The idea of having voice acting but limiting it to Japanese only is something which I find a bit odd. I mean, I don't speak Japanese so I'd need subtitles. If I'm having to read voiced dialogue anyway... Isn't the voice redundant? Essentially I'd be experiencing the same thing I am anyway, just with a bunch of gibberish, even if it is perhaps pretty sounding gibberish.

Not saying that'd necessarily be bad, just that I don't really understand the point of it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
No. No. Absolutely not. Voice acting ruins games for me. Especially when you consider that this is Nintendo. Remember Super Mario Sunshine? This is MARIO, their #1 series. That's the BEST you could hope for if they did voice acting in Zelda. Now do you really want that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom