• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 60!

With which game did you become a "real" zelda fan?

• LoZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AoL

• ALttP

• LA

• OOT

• MM

• OoS

• OoA

• TWW

• FS

• FSA

• MC

• TP

• PH

• ST

• SS

• Not a fan yet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winner: Don't have any yet (42.31%)
This week's question: With which game did you become a "real" zelda fan? (Most people doesn't with their first Zelda game (No offense to those who did :D))
LoZ
AoL
ALttP
LA
OOT
MM
OoS
OoA
TWW
FS
FSA
MC
TP
PH
ST
SS
Not a fan yet

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
My fourth game...OoT. At least...that's when I started enjoying the series enough to religiously replay it. XD

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
The third Zelda game I've played, OoT.

Well, it was technically the third Zelda game I played. I didn't get far at all in LoZ and ALttP when I first played it. OoT was the first game I've beaten and is the game that got me into gaming.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not a Zelda fan - I hate SS as most of you people know - but the one that made me a Zelda fan before SS released was definitely Ocarina of Time. First Zelda, best Zelda.

The first Zelda game I was exposed to was Wind Waker, and I thought it was really cool, but the first one I played is what got me hooked, which was A Link to the Past on the GBA.

DarkLink17

Well then
I had played a few titles before, but TP was the game that really got me hooked on Zelda. My first game was WW, but I was way too young to actually know everything that was going on.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I remember going to my friends house when I was younger to play the N64 installments and such, but I never became a so called "fan" until I actually owned a Zelda game.

The first game I owned would be Phantom Hourglass, maybe not everyone's first choice when you talk about a great Zelda game, but I loved it. I have played puzzling games before but very few and even more of a rarity when such games combine it with an engaging adventure -- adventure being one of my favorite things about playing games. So this installment challenged me on a whole different level and it was an experience I loved. It certainly sparked my interest in the series, but was it the sole reason for me becoming a "real" fan? I would have to say no.

Phantom Hourglass certainly made me aware though, and when I bought my Nintendo Wii back in late 2007, I saw Twilight Princess. I would watch videos of time from time to time and my love for that game grew from there. I still remember my first few hours of playing that game -- a moment I will never forget. The music, the visuals, the charm etc. It was all there, here I had a game that had all the elements that I love about gaming.

I won't go on and on about how I love this game, but it certainly made an impact on me and it made me a fan of course. Now I adorned that game more individually than actually loving the entire series as I didn't actually follow the series until the announcement of Skyward Sword, some three years later. However, if it wasn't for this game then I wouldn't be a fan of the series and I feel Twilight Princess similar the perfect embodiment of what a Zelda game is and what most "new" fans should start out with to spark their interest.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My first game was Ocarina of Time. However, I was too young to really get into it. All I ever did was run around Hyrule Field and play the Bombchu Bowling game over and over :P

My second game was Majora's Mask, but I hated it until recently actually.

I'd say the game that actually made me become a "Zelda fan" was The Wind Waker. We got it for Christmas in 2003, when I was 7, and I got all the way up to the Tower of the Gods by myself that very same day. I was proud of myself because I'd never gotten that far in a game before. TWW remains one of my favourite Zelda games to this day.

A Link to the Past was not only my first Zelda and the first game that made me a fan of the series; it's also one of the games that made me a gamer.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
A Link to the Past. It was the first Zelda game I ever played and I fell in love with the series instantly.:triforce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom