• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 59!

What are your expectations on Zelda Wii U?

• Low

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium

• High

• Don't have any yet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salem

SICK
@Ventus

Yeah...I would say OoT killed the series. Games since OoT are nothing close to what Zelda originally was. It's a whole new series that still calls itself Zelda. Personally, I think this new series is better...but outside of it's name, it doesn't feel remotely similar to the original four games. I feel it would be better if they had just made a new series of a spin off series starting with OoT and then keep the original Zelda series going with the original formula....and only kill it when it starts to fail.

You can use "replace" instead of "kill", if you want, but it's the same to me.
You're overstating the differences between the pre-OoT games and the new games. the closest one to being different enough to warrant a new series in Aol.

What we really need is to revive the 2d gameplay in a new Legend of Zelda spin-off, similar to New Super Mario Bros.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
AoL came before the series had an identity, so I'm more understand of that...but splitting the line between LA and OoT, this is how I see the games as "different series"

Old Zelda:

Non-Linearity

Exploration Focus

Combat Focus

Hard

Items are Optional

No story

New Zelda:

Linear

Quest Focus

Puzzle Focus

Easy

Items Required

Story

Salem

SICK
AoL came before the series had an identity, so I'm more understand of that...but splitting the line between LA and OoT, this is how I see the games as "different series"

Old Zelda:

Non-Linearity

Exploration Focus

Combat Focus

Hard

Items are Optional

No story

New Zelda:

Linear

Quest Focus

Puzzle Focus

Easy

Items Required

Story
1-Old Zelda is not as non-linear as you think

2-Exploration vs quest? what?

3-Both have combat and puzzle, wither the focus is on one or the other doesn't necessarily need a new ip.

4-again,change in difficulty doesn't need a new ip.

5-see above

6-most franchise started to have a bigger focus on story as new instalment and transition to 3d came.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I've set my own expectations to a medium level. I had really high hopes for SS, but the game didn't live up to my expectations. That's why I'm lowering them for the next game in hopes of being able to enjoy the game more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom