• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 560!

Majora's Mask 3D has been out for over 8 years now. Do you like it?

• It's better than the original!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's better than the original in some ways, but worse in others

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • They're about the same

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I prefer the original

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I don't like it!

• I don't have it

• No opinion

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: What is your favorite design of the Gossip Stones?

Third Place: None (0.0%)
Second Place: Draw between "The PH Design & "The SS Design" (20.0% each)
First Place: The OoT/MM Design (60.0%)

Wow... A big total of 0 replies to last week's thread. A few votes, but no replies at all... Well, the topic wasn't really the most exciting one, but still XD

RETRO POLL! Back in december of 2014, we had the big ZD shutdown to change servers and update the server-systems to what we have now. So from now on, I'll actually be able to see the votes of the old polls!
So, in february of 2015, Majora's Mask 3D had just come out; and I asked what peoples thoughts on the game so far was. A majority of the voters in that poll (almost half of them) said that they didn't even own the game, and most of the ones that did had mixed opinions. Now the game has been out for over 8 years, so let's see what people think of it today!
Only 1 other person to commented in that old thread are still around here today, and that's @AncientPoe

This week's question: Majora's Mask 3D has been out for over 8 years now. Do you like it?

It's better than the original!
It's better than the original in some ways, but worse in others
They're about the same
I prefer the original
I don't like it!
I don't have it
No opinion

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
overall i do have to say i prefer the original MM, there are a couple good aspects in MM3D, but otherwise almost everything is better in the original IMO

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Majora's Mask 3D was...portable? Honestly, I was happy to have a version of Majora's Mask that was more available to people so that it could be played by the contemporary generation, but that's about the only positive of the game. I guess there's also the 30 fps compared to the original, that's alright too. There's the fairy fountain makeovers which are unique, I kind of like that though don't prefer it. The Bomber's Notebook along with the Bombers themselves offering hints and plot hooks now feels more like a quest log which I don't care for but others might. The shops have even more personality in 3D so that's pretty cool. There's also the improvement regarding textures, some of them changed for the better. There are 33% more save slots. You can look around in first person with the gyroscope, I love that. The pictobox being fastened to the first person view was a good choice. It's easier to role play as the Enola Gay in MM3D as the camera shifts when you go to drop Deku Nuts. The dungeon maps are more useful than in the original game.

So it wasn't all bad. I can't say MM3D is strictly worse than the original but it's mostly worse. I was a signatory of Operation Moonfall and really looked forward to this game but it disappointed immensely. Still glad it exists to give people the chance to experience it but I likely won't play through it again.

MW7

Quality of life changes were great like the song of double time change, but some changes to content were bad. Boss fights and the Zora swimming stand out as bad decisions to alter what the original did. The Twinmold fight in MM3D is super long for no reason and is probably the worst one in the remake.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Better in most regards. Graphically, it's prettier. It runs better, makes the Zora sections easier to control, and makes the save system more accessible for a version of the game to be played on the go (or in general. I'm not a big fan of gimmick save systems). Unfortunately, such improvements did come at the cost of putting mandatory weakpoints on all the bosses, but it seems a largely fair trade to me.

They're about the same for me, but I never really enjoyed Majora's Mask that much to begin with. I did get further in the 3DS version, though.
I don't know why, but even the original game has never really managed to hold my attention for very long. I get fatigued while playing it, which is something that never seems to happen to me with other Zeldas. It might be the timer, it might be the repetition of things already done. I'm just not a big fan of the Groundhog Day gameplay loop, I guess?
The atmosphere and music are nice though. The story is neat, too. But I'd rather watch someone else play it than play it myself, if that makes sense.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I haven't touched 3d yet. But I emulated it on my phone. Made some progressScreenshot_20230330-185823_RetroArch Plus.jpg
....Then, I met with a terrible fate. One of my classmates wanted check something and he didn't have phone. So he got mine and before opening chrome, that ****ing nitwit cleared recent apps and obliterated my progress. *sigh* /rant

I didn't like the graphics and I'm looking forward for a remake

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I would say it's better in some ways and worse than others. Granted, I've personally never played the original. I quite liked the graphics and the controls of the 3d version. However some of the changes I've heard were made to the boss fights and such just feel unnecessary to me and kind of take away from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom