• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 143!

Out of these "elements" that haven't been used before, which one would you like to see as a dungeon?

• Magic

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Town

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Mechanic

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Jungle

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Demonic

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Sorry guys, one day late, but here it is!

Last week's winners:
Last week's Question: There sure is a lot of DLC for Hyrule Warriors! Are you getting it?

Third Place: Draw between "I'm planning to get it all" and "I don't know" (10.0% each)
Second Place: I already have it all (15.0%)
First Place: I don't own the game (55.0%)

This week's question: Dungeons in Zelda-games often has an "element" attached to it (forest, fire, sand, darkness, temple etc.). Out of these "elements" that haven't been used before, which one would you like to see as a dungeon?

Magic
Town
Mechanic
Jungle
Demonic

Sheik

:the:
I have to say, a dungeon set in the theme of a town would definitely be interesting. Perhaps it was once a safe, peaceful village until something happened and it took a turn for the worse. All the citizens of the town became mutated and zombie-like and are now the enemies. While traversing the dungeon, you'll go through parts of the sewers, a run down park, etc. The Big Key leads to the city hall where you'll have an epic showdown with the dungeon's boss, the mayor of the town! :eek:

It would be neat.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
At this moment I can't decide which one I would like to see, but there are some that I am interested in because I can't yet imagine what they might be/look like. They are: Magic and Demonic. Until Sheik had his idea I was having trouble imagining what a Town dungeon would be like.

Also haven't we had a mechanical dungeon already? In SS the Lanayru Mining Facility was mechanical was it not or are we distinguishing between mechanical and electronic? I think the City In The Sky also may be considered mechanical.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Perfect thing i saw in a DnD game. Go to find out what happened to town you lost contact with. You camp outside and something drags your companion away in the night. Town at night is deserted. Companion's voice lures you into building only to be attacked. Later find companion tied up. Must navigate booby traps in buildings. Mysterious magical aura detected in town. After unlocking all the secrets in the morning.. You confront the evil demon who killed everyone in the town and turned the children into voice-stealing monsters.

Do it Nintendo.

Town has been used in a way. Zelda 3 SNES 4th dark world dungeon was set in dark Kakariko village.

I have to say, a dungeon set in the theme of a town would definitely be interesting. Perhaps it was once a safe, peaceful village until something happened and it took a turn for the worse. All the citizens of the town became mutated and zombie-like and are now the enemies. While traversing the dungeon, you'll go through parts of the sewers, a run down park, etc. The Big Key leads to the city hall where you'll have an epic showdown with the dungeon's boss, the mayor of the town! :eek:

It would be neat.
Terranigma did this perfectly. You can go to a town called Louran. In the desert. Very nice town. Quaint and you feel sorry for the inhabitants. But the game suggests you take a nap in the town. Do this and when you wake up everyone in the town is a zombie and you have to kill them and do a dungeon which is basically the town you just went through. You eventually find out that the town was just Meilin just using her telepathic powers to imagine the town's folk into existence. The town ruins still exist, but stay deserted for the entire game past this point.

I would also argue that the mines dungeon in Zelda SS was vaguely mechanical. Sure it's a stretch but it's there.
For Jungle, the closest I can think of are the first MM dungeon and the WW dungeon where you get the floating leaf.
I would consider the shadow Temple in Ocarina to be pretty demonic. It's a pretty dark and freaky place.

I'm going to vote for magic as I think it hasn't been used as a whole dungeon theme before.

My vote goes to Magic because I don't believe there was a dungeon based around this concept before. I was gonna pick Town, but then there's the dungeon in Kakariko Village from OOT.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I think a magic based dungeon would be quite interesting and an idea developers could have a lot of fun with. Demonic would have been my second choice.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Also haven't we had a mechanical dungeon already? In SS the Lanayru Mining Facility was mechanical was it not or are we distinguishing between mechanical and electronic? I think the City In The Sky also may be considered mechanical.

Yea, I thought about that, but I consider it more electronic, since mechanical doesn't need electricity.

My vote goes to Magic because I don't believe there was a dungeon based around this concept before. I was gonna pick Town, but then there's the dungeon in Kakariko Village from OOT.

The Well is just a mini-dungeon and it's theme isn't town, the dungeon entrance just happens to be in one.

Myself I would like to see a Jungle-themed dungeon, maybe something like the Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom