• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 139!

Majora's Mask 3D has been out for over a week now. Do you like it so far?

• It's better than the original!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • It's better than the original in some ways, but worse in others

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • They're about the same

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I prefer the original

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like it!

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I don't have it

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners:
Last week's Question: What's your favorite type of item in a Zelda-game?

Third Place: A combination of some of the above (20.0%)
Second Place: No particular favorite (30.0%)
First Place: Combat Items (40.0%)

This week's question: Majora's Mask 3D has been out for over a week now. Do you like it so far?

It's better than the original!
It's better than the original in some ways, but worse in others
They're about the same
I prefer the original
I don't like it!
I don't have it
No opinion

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Seriously? ..."I don't have it" is winning? For all the screaming and whining you did for Nintendo to make this remake...for all the hype you gave for something so unlikely...most of you don't even have it?

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
Seriously? ..."I don't have it" is winning? For all the screaming and whining you did for Nintendo to make this remake...for all the hype you gave for something so unlikely...most of you don't even have it?

Well obviously most people here where not screaming and whining for MM3D and the people who were wanting it were just very vocal.
As for me I will get it some day but it's not hight on my list because I already have the Game Cube port.

Salem

SICK
I assure you, I didn't ask for this remake, actually in this website, I found as many people if not more people NOT enthusiastic about the MM remake.

When you have something that gets regarded as a work of art in the way that Majora's Mask is, I can't really feel that slapping a bunch of changes on it can be called an improvement. I'm more a fan of preserving things more or less 'in the medium'. Plus, the nature of some of these changes make me just a little more worried about the Zelda games to come in the future.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Everything is great except for the boss changes.

I agree with some of that. That they gave them all weird eyes as weak spots sucks, but I do like that they made you deku-bomb Odolwa, since you rarely use that move anyway, and I fought Gyorg yesterday and his fight was much better overall, it felt more thought through.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I voted for the second option.

If there's something I don't like about the remake, it's the fact that they changed the boss battles. A little change is OK, but one thing I absolutely love about the original is that the bosses are unique and there are many different ways to kill them; unique in the way that they didn't have obvious weak points like most Zelda bosses do. In fact, not one of the bosses in the game (bar Twinmold, but there is still more than 1 way to defeat him so it's OK), and it made the bosses fun. Adding the weird eyeball things totally ruined everything I loved about the game's bosses.

Overall though, it is a fantastic remake, and two things I will praise it on are the improved save system as well as the addition of Fishing Holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom