• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Vaati; The True Villain of Hyrule?

Unless Vaati unleashes some unkown power, I doubt that he is the primary enemy. Ganon/dorf, actually "conquers" the world in Oot, TP, and who knows what else. Vaati comes very close to taking over the world, but actually never does it! The Legend of Zelda is focused with the Triforce, you cannot have one without the other. In every zelda game, there is the triforce, no matter what. The four swords was most likely created to get a fresh Idea out there, instead of the Master sword

Zarom

The King
The only thing I have to say: Ganondorf is the true vilain in the Zelda series. He is admist the principal characters, who are: Link, :) Zelda, :zelda: & Ganondorf. :ganondorf: Vaati is just another ennemie, just as Majora, Onox and Veran were.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
The Legend of Zelda is focused with the Triforce, you cannot have one without the other. In every zelda game, there is the triforce, no matter what.

This is very false. The Triforce is not in every game and is certainly not the center of attention in every game.

The Triforce is not at all involved in the stories of MC, FS, FSA, OoS, OoA or LA.

MC: Vaati becomes a wind sorcerer and is after the light force (which is widely accepted as being completely different from the triforce).

FS: Vaati kidnaps seven maidens that Link must rescue.

FSA: Vaati kidnaps seven maidens again. Ganon is trying to get the Trident of Power.

OoS: Seasons are out of whack. Link must try and save the Oracle of Seasons and stop Onox.

OoA: Time is out of whack. Link must try and save the Oracle of Ages and stop Veran.

Linked OoA and OoS: Link must do one of the previous 2 things and try and stop Ganon from being resurrected (and ultimately defeats a brainless Ganon).

LA: Link must collect 8 instruments to wake the wind fish.

Literally none of those games have anything to do with the Triforce. The only thing those games might have to do with the Triforce is that the Triforce symbol might be on a building or piece of equipment but that's it.

Zarom

The King
This is very false. The Triforce is not in every game and is certainly not the center of attention in every game.

The Triforce is not at all involved in the stories of MC, FS, FSA, OoS, OoA or LA.

MC: Vaati becomes a wind sorcerer and is after the light force (which is widely accepted as being completely different from the triforce).

FS: Vaati kidnaps seven maidens that Link must rescue.

FSA: Vaati kidnaps seven maidens again. Ganon is trying to get the Trident of Power.

OoS: Seasons are out of whack. Link must try and save the Oracle of Seasons and stop Onox.

OoA: Time is out of whack. Link must try and save the Oracle of Ages and stop Veran.

Linked OoA and OoS: Link must do one of the previous 2 things and try and stop Ganon from being resurrected (and ultimately defeats a brainless Ganon).

LA: Link must collect 8 instruments to wake the wind fish.

Literally none of those games have anything to do with the Triforce. The only thing those games might have to do with the Triforce is that the Triforce symbol might be on a building or piece of equipment but that's it.

You forgot MM out there! ;)

And in OOA and OOS, we can see the Triforce at the beginning of the game, in the opening cinematic. :triforce:

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
You also forgot PH. The Triforce isn't such a key part at all. Some of the most popular games don't involve it.

Anyway, I digress. I still think my metaphor gave a decent description as to why Ganon/dorf is the true villain of hyrule. No matter how much harder Vaati hits Hyrule (and we don't even know that he does, the destruction he wreaks is minimal) the fact that Ganon/dorf has hit it so many more times would mean they fear him more, his attacks are far more imminent. They happen so much more frequently, the people of hyrule fear him because Vaati has attacked so rarely they probably never expect him to happen again, they know that its very likely Ganon/dorf will keep coming back so they fear him more rendering him the true villain of Hyrule.

V

voltarrow

i think vaati is more enemy than ganon cuz in Oot at the 6th room at the spirit temple there is a picture of vaati above the door

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
probably referring to this one:
235.png

I also found this one during my search:
Vaati_OoT.png

(in the shooting gallery)

They're both just eye symbols. Vaati wasn't invented until several years after OoT was released.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I've actually always thought that Vaati was based on that second image (the first one clearly is just an eye with wings. If you look up Vaati's eye form, each appendage on Vaati fits each appendage on the poster in the shooting gallery perfectly with the one exception that Vaati has the tail and those posters seemingly don't, but even then you can kind of see a tail like appendage on the poster as well, but other than that, appendage for appendage, the picture fits Vaati's design.

It doesn't matter that Vaati wasn't created until long after OoT because they easily could have used that poster design when creating his final form.

I've pointed out the obvious similarities for everyone to look at.

Attachments

• vaati..jpg
    vaati..jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Vaati_OoT..jpg
    Vaati_OoT..jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 5
I think Ganon is the main villain. Well, he's the King of Evil, Vaati was just a child who got lucky by stealing the Magical Cap.

Other points:
I doubt the Light Force is the Triforce
The Light Force was a gift the minish gave to humankind, along with the Picori Sword (AKA Four Sword). The Triforce was a creation of the original 3 godesses.
I also doubt the Magical Cap Vaati wears is more powerful than the ToP. The Magical Cap was created by Ezlo, and it turned Vaati into a very powerful sorcerer. The ToP was done by the godesses, and it made Ganon conquer the entire Kingdom and turn it into hell!

vatti

The Acorn sized Magician
Well, seeing that Vaati is my favorite character (hence my username, vatti) I am personally going to say that Vaati is Link's main enemy. But logically, Vaati is only featured in one game, and Ganon is featured in most of all the Zelda games, and accomplished a-lot in them, before Link kicked his butt. Vaati did accomplish a-lot in MC, but then Link kicked his but and Vaati was never seen in LoZ games again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom