• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Update Plus DLC Discussion

So both the first DLC pack and the update launched today for Hyrule Warriors. The Update contains three new playable characters (Cia, Volga and Wizzro). While the DLC adds an Adventure Mode Map (with unlockable costumes and 8-Bit Weapons for several characters), the Epona weapon for Link and 5 new story mode missions.

I've played around with all the new content for a few hours earlier today and these are my first impressions:

- Cia is pretty strong but her animations take forever because she summons all kinds of things, you can dodge out of almost all of her animations and the attacks keep going but it seriously weakens them so it seems to me. Her BYYY attack is the best Keep clearer in the game, pop two of those bad boys and your done.

- Volga is a badass, instant favourite of mine. In stark contrast to Cia his animations are toned down and thus his attacks are far quicker to execute. He's also an expert on dealing with Volga (toughest enemy in my opinion) since he can continually break his guard down. His Special has a bit of a narrow range which means you'll have to properly aim when using it.

- Wizzro: not tried yet.

- Epona: not tried yet.

- New costumes: Haven't seen a whole lot of them. I checked out Cia's options and they seem very cool. She has four different ones right off the bat (normal, mask less, hatless, white one) and all look very good. I'm not a big fan of the mask so I took that off. Also saw Lana in the Gallery and her costume plus the Lvl. 2 Spear make her look like she's straight from a Final Fantasy game, looks good though.

- New missions: I've played the first and it isn't an easy one. All new characters are lvl 1 so if you don't train them in the Dojo you'll start off with a blank slate. I enjoyed the map a lot though, there was a lot going on at the same time, with twists and turns. Definitely one of the better missions in my opinion.

What do you guys think, played around with it yet, first impressions?

Yeah Volga is now my favorite Character now, he even topples Ganondorf in my books. His 3rd move has very good range and can hit hard and his 4th moves clears the battlefield with ease. Cia and Wizzro aren't bad at all either.

I haven't tried using Epona yet, but what I've seen in the reveal trailer, it looks promising.

I've completed all of the legend mode missions and I have to say they are quite challenging. I couldn't get on with the missions because the Alied base was constantly being attacked or an important character couldn't defend themselves. And there were alot of twists and turns that caught me off guard.

I've had a go at the master quest map and I've got no complaints. I've just been maining with Volga on some of the missions and they're not so different to the original adventure missions. I guess the Master quest rules spice things up a little, but I haven't felt the real pressure from them yet.

For Lana and Cia's Costumes, I like them and I understand that it's not just any odd, random design.

Overall I'm satisfied with the content. It will keep me playing Hyrule Warriors for quite some time, not that I was doing that to begin with :P

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I haven't felt much pressure from the adventure map yet, and I've completed 30 stages. I did get a B on one stage, because of damn cuccos, but I've aced everything else. Already have the recolor costumes for Link, Cia, Wizzro and Agitha, Wizzro's level 2 weapon, 6 skulltulas and 8 bit weapons for Lana and Impa.

Finished the villain part of Legend Mode, and have to say I enjoy all the newbies to varying degrees.

Cia's YX is great for clearing keeps, and her YYX is a nice long range attack for captains. He rings work as a nice protection and deal good damage, and she's overall fun to play as.
Basically everyone of Volga's attacks is good. But of course his dragon slam and flamethrower steal the show. Though, I also quite like his ranged claw attack. I'd say the best overall moveset of the characters.
Wizzro is interesting, and unique, his attacks aren't that damaging from what I've seen, aside from his laser beam of doom. But his spinning orbs do great with crows. And as has been said, his spinning orbs murder big bosses.

Wizzro is least my style, but seeing as I already have his level 2 weapon, I'd say I can handle him alright.

Also tried Epona, but only for one level. Love the carrot meter, though I haven't figured out what it does. And also, Epona feels dangerous.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Weird, I thought you had to buy these characters, but I got them for free...anyway, there's more Legend Mode? Where? I don't see it...

So far I've only used Cia, but I think she might be fairly weak compared to the others. I leveled all the new guys to 25 in the dojo (what i consider the minimum workable level now), and had enough materials to create all the most important badges for them. Even so, it still takes a surprising amount of whomping on regular grunts to kill them, there were some that were still alive after taking her 7 hit combo. But then she absolutely walloped the Dodongos she faced, so I'm not sure. I haven't gotten to play as Wizzro or Volga yet, but offhand I think I'll probably enjoy Wizzro better.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
See i used Cia at lvl 1 in her storyline mission and she isn't half bad a bit of leveling and i can wipe out loads of foes. I only had access to the first two of the attack badges so i wanna see how she fairs elsewhere.

Wizzro is not my favourite to say the least. His attacks feel very slow. He's not bad by any means, but he's very animation heavy and none of his attacks are really good. What I mean by this is that he doesn't have an attack that makes you go wow (e.g. Gauntlet BBBY and BBY, Ganondorf BBBBBY, or Volga BBBBY) which you can use to clear out Keeps or do a lot of damage to Captains. Maybe it was just my imagination but his animations didn't go well with loads of enemies on screen, the system seemed to have problems with processing all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom