• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Unexpected And Amusing

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Have you ever... tried not to spoil yourself too, too much on a Zelda game until you got it, then found yourself surprised by something in it?

So, I was just playing Spirit Tracks - and though it's been around for a couple of years, it's new to me. I got to the part today where Gage teachs you to play the Spirit Flute.

"Blow into the microphone. What microphone? Was the DS supposed to come with a microphone? Is there one somewhere on the unit like the little camera lenses?"

"I'm supposed to blow on the screen? Seems like it, it's the only thinig that's working."

"What the? I play the instrument in this game by BLOWING ON THE SCREEN?!"

Then, when I started getting the hang of it, I was very amused. Breathless, but amused. I think I also want a real panflute now, though I'm not musically talented/inclined in real life at all. (I did once try to make a flute out of a deer leg bone, but when you know dip about the way real musical instruments work, it was kind of a failure...).

Has anyone else run into something in a shiny new game of this series that made them go What the Fooseballs?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
The microphone is the little slit under the top screen lol. It even says "mic".

I would have to say the Lanayru light spirit cutscene in TP...it looks like an acid trip, with all the Ilias falling down the screen and etc. Not that I would know. I obeyed all the "say no to drugs" that they drilled into everyone's head during school. But seriously, wtf.

I hate the mic in spirit Tracks i don't like blowing my console to make it do something, i need to do it every two minutes too, blow the flute, blow the windmill item thingy, find a glowing rock and blow again, blow to deafen an enemy.... ugh.

As for unexpected things in Zelda that made me go wtfoozballz was the fierce Deity mask in Majora's Mask. Didn't really know what to expect but then after putting it on... BOOM Epic Link! I loved that explosion of power, come at me Majora. :D

Fighting Kolokotos in Skyward Sword. When he dropped his sword I noticed that it said to pick up, so I did and by god that was by far the best boss battle I had in a while. I felt like a badass, taking down something like Kolokotos with this own blade.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, once I was playing through Twilight Princess and most gameplay things weren't new to me...but then I discovered that you could in fact catch a Hylian Loach. I was like "wh-what! those things are only in Ocarina!" xD

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The blowing concept in ST also made me spazz. I had not played PH, so the whole "mic" thing was new to me. And actually playing an instrument was a bit mind blowing.

I also had this experience with many... MANY THINGS... in Twilight Princess. Too many things to mention, but that game essentially blew my mind. A particular example is when Link flew to the ceiling with the iron boots. WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT OR EVEN THINKING IT COULD BE A POSSIBILITY!

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
The blowing this is just weird to me! I played a little further and got the wind-leaf whirlwind thingy. My thoughts are: "Nintendo is trolling us. They're going out of their way to make their players look really ridiculous!" I mean, hold up your game system and blow on it!

I am having fun with the game so far, it's just... the blowing on the screen thing is highly weird to me.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
When I was playing SS for the first time I got to the Lumpy Pumpkin and I saw the piece of heart on the chandelier. I was just messing around up on the top deck and I was just wanting to knock the piece of heart off. I totally wasn't expecting the whole thing to come crashing down. Still one of my favorite moments from the game.

Another really amusing part was the thing with Cawlin and the toilet hand. I was just messing with him, I didn't think I'd cause him to be haunted forever by that ghost. Still cracks me up that I was able to wreck that twerp's life!

The puzzle that came really unexpected to me was that one in the upper level of the Tower of Spirits in ST. I had no idea that I had to stun that little eyeball thing, blow it over the sand pit, THEN teleport over the pit. I was stuck on that part for 3. FREAKING. HOURS.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Having to close the DS in that one part of Phantom Hourglass. Mind = blown.
Oh, yes! I totally forgot about that. First time I played through I'd been stuck on that part and ended up closing the DS for a break, and I was shocked when I returned to find that I'd solved it. In fact, just blowing the dust off the map was pretty awesome too, but it wasn't like I hadn't known there was a microphone thanks to Nintendogs.

The puzzle that came really unexpected to me was that one in the upper level of the Tower of Spirits in ST. I had no idea that I had to stun that little eyeball thing, blow it over the sand pit, THEN teleport over the pit. I was stuck on that part for 3. FREAKING. HOURS.
WHAT. THAT'S what you're supposed to do? That took me forever as well! I don't even remember how I figured it out – I think I kind of cheated by standing close enough to the pit with the Phantom Eye on top of me that they teleported just into the edge of the sand... XD

Last edited:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I was surprised by the exact same thing... then I found out it also reacts to sound, so if I'm somewhere noisy I need to hold a finger over the mic to avoid playing while holding the flute, then remove my finger whenever I was supposed to blow... lol

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I was surprised when I was running through TP for a third time (I get bored sometimes) and Lanyaru was showing me what happened to the twili. I was sitting there thinking "What! What is going on! Why are there hundreds of Llias falling!? I have never seen this!"

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I wouldve done the same thing if I wasnt addicted to ZD's walkthroughs...some people apparently forget they exist xD

In OOT were you play seria's song to the gordon, and he starts dancing really made my day, in TP the Ice boss blizella with her 360 head spin and the famous " DONT TAKE MIRROR" took me off guard, in PH that puzzle were you had to close your DS/ 3DS was interesting and i acedently solved it when i closed my3DS a real head scratcher , and finally in SS the chandelier..all i could say was , Woops... and i felt bad lol, also in SS were you get to the 1st time gate Ghirahim attacks Zelda ans Impa blocking it was awsome to look at..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom