• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Realm/Afterlife?

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
so there was this tribe or clan of people who had learned to use magic and used this magic to claim the triforce... at this point the goddesses intervened and sealed the Sacred Realm away with these people in it making it... then after that it gets kinda hard to understan but your lead to believe that the Sacred Realm becomes the Twilight Realm...
Everything you were saying was basically correct until this part.

Lanayru says that when the magic-wielding tribe attempted to take over the Sacred Realm they were chased out and dumped into "another world entirely". They weren't sealed in the Sacred Realm, they were tossed into a completely different place, and that's what the Twilight Realm is.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
but wouldn't that suggest that the world that everyone is living in now is still the Sacred Realm?? it still just doesn't make sense.. at least i dont get it

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
but wouldn't that suggest that the world that everyone is living in now is still the Sacred Realm?? it still just doesn't make sense.. at least i dont get it

There is the normal world (Hyrule), the Sacred Realm/Dark World and the Twilight Realm. All completely different places. The Sacred Realm is NOT Hyrule. The place they are in is Hyrule and the other place is the Twilight Realm which is a completely different dimension or world.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
The magic wielding tribe wasn't sent to the Twilight Realm to be given a second chance... That is never stated in the game or hinted at. It is said they are sent there for punishment. It's probably a lot like the Gerudo getting pushed into the desert except this group was pushed into a different realm altogether. And this still makes no sense with the whole Ganondorf execution thing. Why try and execute Ganondorf if they could just send him straight to the after life to begin with? This is the same argument as whether or not Termina is the after life. It's not the after life. it makes no sense for ANYONE to be able to travel freely between the two worlds if it is the after life.

This is what THEORIZING is called, it doesn't have to be said in the game directly to be a THEORY. Plus, the sages intended to kill Ganondorf, then send him into the Twilight Realm(afterlife). Since they weren't able to kill him, they had no choice but to send him to the Twilight Realm while he was still alive.

And why wouldn 't it be a second chance for them. I mean, the godesses could've just destroyed them. Especially if they were Ganondorf's followers, the Gerudo and some other races corrupted by Ganondorf(this is another of my theories), they wouldn't have really known what they were doing, and perhaps the godesses knew that. So they were banished into the Twilight Realm alive as a punishment, but also as a chance to start over. Ganondorf was too dangerous to be left alive, so he was to be executed, then sent into the Twilight Realm, but as we all know, that failed.

And if I recall, only the Twili call the Twilight Realm the Twilight Realm, perhaps the people of Hyrule know it by a different name. For instance, Auru calls it the underworld(now if that isn't a name for the afterlife, I don't know what is. Well actually I do, but you get the point). And Midna states that some people call it a Realm of Shadows.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
This is what THEORIZING is called, it doesn't have to be said in the game directly to be a THEORY. Plus, the sages intended to kill Ganondorf, then send him into the Twilight Realm(afterlife). Since they weren't able to kill him, they had no choice but to send him to the Twilight Realm while he was still alive.

You're right, it doesn't have to be said in the game and that's the point of the theory. The problem with the theory is that it DOES say that they were sent their by way of punishment :clap:

And why wouldn 't it be a second chance for them. I mean, the godesses could've just destroyed them. Especially if they were Ganondorf's followers, the Gerudo and some other races corrupted by Ganondorf(this is another of my theories), they wouldn't have really known what they were doing, and perhaps the godesses knew that. So they were banished into the Twilight Realm alive as a punishment, but also as a chance to start over. Ganondorf was too dangerous to be left alive, so he was to be executed, then sent into the Twilight Realm, but as we all know, that failed.

Not really seeing your point here. The goddesses could have just destroyed the tribe? Obviously they aren't as powerful as you think they are. They have to flood the world to stop Ganondorf. Why didn't they just blow HIM up?

Oh, and why would they even try to kill Ganondorf if they could just send him straight to the afterlife anyway? He's gonna end up there one way or another (according to you) and if they can avoid trying to kill him for fear of it not working then why wouldn't they just send him straight there anyway? It's not the afterlife. It would have been made clear or at least hinted to if it was....which it wasn't.

And if I recall, only the Twili call the Twilight Realm the Twilight Realm, perhaps the people of Hyrule know it by a different name. For instance, Auru calls it the underworld(now if that isn't a name for the afterlife, I don't know what is. Well actually I do, but you get the point). And Midna states that some people call it a Realm of Shadows.

OMG SHE CALLS IT THE REALM OF SHADOWS!? Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm not), but don't many of the monsters in the Twilight Realm resemble shadow-like creatures? The birds look like extremely dark, shadowy birds. The monsters you fight on land look like shadow creatures. There are even little shadow balls that you fight.

Also, someone calling it the underworld doesn't make it the underworld. Many people come up with their own names or analogies for things they don't understand. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Zelda calls it the Twilight Realm. Based on the beginning of the game, no one knows it exists except for Midna. It's a well kept secret probably so no one tries entering it because Ganondorf is there.

You can argue this all you want but there is absolutely no solid evidence at all for it being the after life.

It's a prison/home for people who once committed bad deeds. It's not meant to be looked into any further.

Zarom

The King
No. The Twilight Realm isn't the afterlife. It is just another dimension. Since people need light, when they're in the Twilight, they become spirit.

The Twilis are the descendants of the tribe who were banished in the Twilight Realm. (a.k.a. the Gerudos) :cool:

Another thing: The Twilis are not spirits, take a look at Midna, Zant or any other person of their race, you'll see they don't have anything in common with spirits. NOTHING. :nod:

And like Master Kokiri 9 said, we are actually able to kill Zant in the game. If he was truly a spirit, we couldn't do that.

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
hers another piece of evidence suggesting that the twilight realm is simply another dimension. There are twilit soldiers in the game (its what i call the shadow beasts cuz they're from the twilight and they serve in zants military) which when killed leave twilight warp portals. It's just another dimension like the dark world/ sacred realm.

Semi New Post
Okay so I too think that the twili are the decendants of the gerudo. Why you ask would the twili be decended of the gerudo if there are male twili other than Zant and Midna be their rightful ruler? Well here my spiel. The Dark Interlopers that got banished to the Twilight Realm were two gerudo and one enslaved hylian. Now of course they were banished by the Goddesses and the Light Spirts to the Twilight Realm as stated in TP. Now of course *** Midna Stated they saw it as a chance to start over. They Realized that in order to carry on a way of life they had to change. The two Gerudo has altered themselves with the use of magic to give birth to more baby boys. Then knowing it would be harder to establish the person to take the Royal throne by simply choosing a specific male that's born every hundred years they gave up on that and established this: both gerudos started a family with the hylian. One family took the role of the royal family and the other simply took the more humble role of the commoner family. Now over time these two branced out into various families and clans. And of course Midna was born into the royal family and it was decided that she would be the next heiress to the royal throne. I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Last edited:
Plus, the sages intended to kill Ganondorf, then send him into the Twilight Realm(afterlife).

This is false. Ganon was supposed to be just killed. It's because he survived that the Sages banished him to the Twilight Realm. They couldn't do anything more to him, so they banished him.

In no way is the Twilight Realm the Afterlife. Queen Rutela died during TP. She didn't go the the Twilight Realm...She floated around until she "was at ease." The Twilight Realm covered half of Hyrule during the game. Are you saying that the people living in Hyrule died at that point in time and then spontaneously came back to life after the Twilight was lifted? Good luck with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom