• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twilight Princess Why Do People Dislike It???

skybird11

state alchemist
TP is my favorite zelda. there is no excuse to say ganondorf was just thrown in. he is introduced half way through, you know he is the one influencing everything thats going on via zants recieved powers. i have played TP at least five times now, the only reason that number is low is because i play many other games before i replay TP so it takes a few months. and linear? if you mean you cant choose dungeon order then yea its linear so what, if thats not what you meant then, well every game has an ending so of course its linear.

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
It is a good game and it has alot of Ocarina of Time feel in it a bit much I mean did ganondorf have to be the final boss?

S

Skyward Sword

i for one, love this game. it was the first game of zelda i actually played. but yeah i dunno why people hate TP so much. i loved it. i kept renting it from my videogame store untill my dad evencually bought it for me. lol xD

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Twilight Princess is my least favorite Zelda game. Explaining everything I hate about this game would take FAR too long, so I'll just talk about the main thing I just downright loathed. The main thing that ruined the game for me was Ganondorf. Partly because he was in the game, but mainly because of the way he was introduced. Zant was cool. He was a new face for the villians of the Zelda series. A refreshing new antagoinist. I liked that. The whole time, you play through the game thinking that Zant is your enemy, all the way up until after you beat Arbiter's Grounds. Then, out of nowhere, Ganondoef gets randomly thrown into the mix. And it turns out that Zant was merely his puppet. Do you know how that made me feel inside? Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger! There was no need for Ganondorf to be in that game. It just seemed like Nintendo lazily threw him in there just for the sole and needless purpose of having him in the game. And made Zant his puppet to use as an excuse. The worst part was, the Ganondorf battle wasn't even challenging in the least. Sure, the battle was epic, but it was far too easy to live up to that epicness. In fact, the only part of that fight that was epic was the final swordfight. And even that was ridiculously easy. Implementing Ganondorf turned out to be nothing but an epic fail that destroyed the refreshing feeling that Twilight Princess gave in the beginning; destroyed it beyond recognition.

*Ahem* I don't understand why you're posting this on a Zelda site. Practically everyone here loves TP. If you wonder why no one has replied yet, its because no one really dislikes it.

No offense, but that's pretty baseless AND untrue. Not everyone loves TP. I can understand why it's likable, but for me, the positives are practically nonexistant compared to the negatives. Sorry, but I just had to point that out.

Last edited:
As a Zelda game, TP could have been so much better but there are some arguments against it that i find a bit unfair. I'll address some of them here:

TP is easy? TWW matches in difficulty;
Boring Side quests? OoT has amazing ones, right? The Skullatula hunting and Poe hunting are so much more fun, right? /sarcasm;
Useless items? Yeah, because other Zelda games haven't had useless items before;
Ganondorf was thrown in at the last minute? His presence was hinted prior to his appearance.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
As a Zelda game, TP could have been so much better but there are some arguments against it that i find a bit unfair. I'll address some of them here:

TP is easy? TWW matches in difficulty;
Boring Side quests? OoT has amazing ones, right? The Skullatula hunting and Poe hunting are so much more fun, right? /sarcasm;
Useless items? Yeah, because other Zelda games haven't had useless items before;
Ganondorf was thrown in at the last minute? His presence was hinted prior to his appearance.

I respect your opinions, but let me get some things off my chest.... Wind Waker is on a higher level than Twilight Princess. And that doesn't go for just difficulty. Some sidequests were a little boring, but there were some good ones in the game. Your arguement on useless items is valid and true. And Ganondorf's presence was NOT hinted at before the Sages spoke about him.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Before the Sages spoke of Ganondorf, Zant mentions of a god that he "worships". Who else could he be referring to?

He could be talking about practically any kind of deity. Since the tie-in between Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time's child ending is almost non-existent before Ganondorf appears, you could've made up any kind of "god" for Zant to worship who gave him his magic. I don't see how Ganondorf was implied before.

If you had put any other name in there, the story would've still progressed smoothly and remained hole-less.

Last edited:
He could be talking about practically any kind of deity. Since the tie-in between Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time's child ending is almost non-existent before Ganondorf appears, you could've made up any kind of "god" for Zant to worship who gave him his magic. I don't see how Ganondorf was implied before.

If you had put any other name in there, the story would've still progressed smoothly and remained hole-less.

Let's look at it this way, Zant lived in a banished world created for three interlopers who tried to take control of the Triforce and the Sacred Realm. If you think of it that way, what kind of deity would want to help him and for what purpose? Everything that happened to Link's world was because it was Ganondorf trying to get out of this banished world.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Let's look at it this way, Zant lived in a banished world created for three interlopers who tried to take control of the Triforce and the Sacred Realm. If you think of it that way, what kind of deity would want to help him and for what purpose?

Anyone who was banished to that world. Ganondorf's banishment to the Twilight Realm was not mentioned until the sages talked about him. So, once again, there is nothing prior to the sages' story that suggests Ganondorf's presence.

Anyone who was banished to that world. Ganondorf's banishment to the Twilight Realm was not mentioned until the sages talked about him. So, once again, there is nothing prior to the sages' story that suggests Ganondorf's presence.

Even though Ganondorf's presence wasn't mention per se, but you must have questioned that something evil was behind it all when Midna said no one can get out of the Twilight Realm, but both her and Zant did.

biggreenhawk35

Link's Hawk/Celtic Form
the mood was darker and i disliked that they took out magic completely the game could have had fire or ice arrows and it seemd a bit too easy to complete in my opinion

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I would mainly chalk it up to the second half of the game being a complete rehash of the first half of the game, as in collect two dark magic shards of something by going dungeon-to-dungeon, having a mini-adventure in-between that and the third piece of said item, and then one last temple and major twist. (Although there was an extra dungeon in the second half due to Hyrule Castle.) Going along with that, the dungeons in the second half of the game (save Snowpeak Ruins) were basically just boring and stale. (Snowpeak Ruins was somewhat boring, but it was a very unique dungeon in that it utilized the Compass to where it was basically needed, and the dungeon was almost all puzzle-oriented.) Each of the dungeons in the second half of the game were very unique in style, but they just weren't executed properly, whereas all the dungeons before them were executed perfectly.

The other main thing, though, would be that Ganondorf was in the game, which I hardly consider a fair reason. People were all like "Oh, great, they're just re-using Ganondorf again because he's the 'main villain' of the series. Man, come on, Nintendo, putting Ganondorf in just ruined Zant." Some people look at it as in Ganondorf coming in was just something that ruined the originality of the game, as it made Zant to where he was no longer the main villain (although I fail to see a complaint about that with Vaati in FSA). They felt it ruined his sense of mystery and fear-worthy attitude just by being implemented into the story (which is not true). While Ganondorf was brought in very nicely, -- and for reasons that made complete sense and were very legit, such as Zant obviously having to have something behind his shocking power -- the whole second half of the game, neither he nor Zant was even remotely mentioned, which made the impact of Ganondorf being introduced fade, and, sadly, did make Zant feel a little less powerful. If Ganondorf had been revealed later in the game, I think people's beef with Ganondorf wouldn't be near as bad, if there was any. Another reason would be that Zant was made into a pathetic, completely insane lunatic that could barely hurt Link, which was totally contradictory of the effortless Zant we had seen before. I feel that this made facing Ganondorf just added onto all of the other things mentioned, and that it also was just a major factor itself. It made the buildup to finally taking down Zant a major letdown, and therefore made the climax to Ganondorf with a disappointed and somewhat angry tone, as Zant's character had been completely jacked up. (Xinnamin says it was due to him being obsessed with Ganondorf, but he would have already been obsessed with him before that imo, so I don't agree with that.) However, I think the biggest reason people didn't like Ganondorf in the game would be that...wait, this is kind of off topic. Well, sorry to cut off my awesome ramble (heheh) at the best point, but these points are already in another thread (http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?20433-Do-You-Feel-Ganondorf-Was-Tacked-Onto-TP), so I don't need to finish the end of it, as I've already said them there.

Anyway, all this to say that I can understand why some people were disappointed with Twilight Princess (and why some, sadly, disliked it), but I feel that some of the accusations (if that's what they can be called) against the game are a bit harsh and unfair. Sure, Twilight Princess has its flaws, but so do most games, and I don't feel the flaws ruined the game. It just took out a bit of the game's potential of being the best Zelda game yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom