• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twili=Sheikah?

I think that the Twili were Sheikah before they were banished to the Twilight Relm. Midna has red eyes, as confermed Sheikah do. Also the Sheikah were very powerful, yet by the time of "Ocarina of Time", they are very few in number. It could be explained that this is because most were sent to the Twilight Relm. And lastly, Zant's moves seem to be from Monkey Kung Fu, and the Sheikah are the only confermed ninjas from Hyrule and the surrounding area.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
The Sheikah souldn't have been the Twili. In Twilight Pincess it says that the Twili were banished to live in the shadows because they abused their powers (or something along those lines). The Sheikah spent their lives protecting the Royal Family, not trying to destroy them.

The Hyleans are not mentioned in the tale of the Twili, so I think it happened before the Hyleans came to the area. However that point does put my theory to question.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
The Hyleans are not mentioned in the tale of the Twili, so I think it happened before the Hyleans came to the area. However that point does put my theory to question.

So the Sheikah lived in Hyrule, got banned from the land and became Twili, somehow turned back and served the Royal Family when they came, then just quit to start hangin' out with Zant? That just adds less logic to the theory.

The sheikah are not the twili, and actually the only race that strikes a decent resemblence would be the Gerudo. The shiekah serve the royal family and did not ever try to take over the sacred realm as the twili and gerudo have done.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
The Gerudo left and notice on Zant's Armor. He has a Gerudo Symbol on it.

A

Abyss Master

Obviously Sheikah are not Twili, but the Gerudo make more sense. Personally, I wouldn't think so though. Were the dark interlopers taken away before or after OoT, I wonder?

Just because the Shiekah serve the royal family of Hyrule, it doesn't mean that it was always so. The Shiekah that remained my have sworn to serve the Hyleans to make up for what they had done. The nature of their service is unknown.

The Gerudo being the Twili is an interesting theory. I assume that they at least share some relation to the Twili, and my have learned magic from them. But the high population they have doesn't seem right for a condemned race.

From what I remember in "Twilight Princess", the Twili were banished centuries before the events of the game. Propably over 1000 years.

What your saying defies logic, as almost all of the Shekieah have died by the time Oot takes place, you can see threir graves in the kakoriko grave yard.

The Interlopers were the twili's descendents, as it was many hundreds of thousands of years before since it take sa long time to devolpe an evolution so they cant survive out of the twilight realm (unless you're Zant who was powered by ganondorf, or Midna with zelda) of course this would be said that evolution in zelda doesnt take a couple hundred years (like the zora to rito bull.)

If the Twili were banished say 1000 years before the game as you said, and they were part sheikiah, then why would the remaining shekiah serve the royal family? They have no connection to the goddessess in any way, their just royal and Hylans who happen to have blabbermouthed daughters named Zelda who tell random kids they just met about their life stories and send them on quests...

Also, the bit about the Gerudo symbol being on Zants armor isnt much, he could have simply done that as Ganondorf does as well have such a symbol on his cape, and was worhsiping his god by adorning himself with that symbol, nothing out of the ordinary... it's like his crusifix.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Avenged have created a thread abou the connections between the Twili and Gerudo. Comparing these two threads leaves a crapload of more and better arguments that they were Gerudo. Of course it still could be Sheikah, but more likely Gerudo.

What your saying defies logic, as almost all of the Shekieah have died by the time Oot takes place, you can see threir graves in the kakoriko grave yard.

The Interlopers were the twili's descendents, as it was many hundreds of thousands of years before since it take sa long time to devolpe an evolution so they cant survive out of the twilight realm (unless you're Zant who was powered by ganondorf, or Midna with zelda) of course this would be said that evolution in zelda doesnt take a couple hundred years (like the zora to rito bull.)

If the Twili were banished say 1000 years before the game as you said, and they were part sheikiah, then why would the remaining shekiah serve the royal family? They have no connection to the goddessess in any way, their just royal and Hylans who happen to have blabbermouthed daughters named Zelda who tell random kids they just met about their life stories and send them on quests...

Also, the bit about the Gerudo symbol being on Zants armor isnt much, he could have simply done that as Ganondorf does as well have such a symbol on his cape, and was worhsiping his god by adorning himself with that symbol, nothing out of the ordinary... it's like his crusifix.

Well, he wore the symbol before meeting Ganondorf and as many know, most Gerudo did in fact see Ganondorf as a god as Zant did (proven in OoT). But mehplep is right, there is a proper thread for the gerudo discussion.

O

OCDays

Hmm, the twili as descendents of Gerudo, well that would at least put a good separation of time between TP and OoT. I don't think Ganon being considered a god has anything to do with him being an ancestor of the twili though, he was an all powerful ball of magicy stuff in the Twilight Realm, but Gerudos were theives, and they could try to steal the Triforce, so not a huge stretch, they did have some magical potential too, just look at Ganon, though that was more the triforce of power, dunno, too many holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom