• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce in the Trailer

If you look at the door at 1:30 in the new trailer you can see the triforce in what looks like a nature dungeon.
what do you think?

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Can you specify where you saw it? I have no idea where you are talking about, maybe you can give a screen shot?

Con-man

Master Swordsman
First of all, that dungeon looks AWESOME. Second, it looks like the triforce, but it has like a circle in the center, so i really dont know. Also, notice its upside-down.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think that might be a much more elaborate design similar to those on the large centerpiece in the room. That design on the door is a little off, it has a circle in the center with some kind of blue piece within it. The parts on the side are not complete triangles either, just the overall design is somewhat triangle shaped. In most places where there should be a triangle, it has been absent. Several times the Hylian bird crest has appeared but without the triangle above.

And has anyone else noticed the large amount of technology in these dungeons lately? That thing in the center appears to be a large metal structure held together by industrial rivets and powered by a large crystal, while all the details on the walls had conveyor belts and large tubes going into the floor. This does remind me of Ashei in TP talking about the power of the ancients when referring to the very mechanical Temple of Time.

Say...
Do you know about the far side of this deep gorge? Some say there is an ancient
temple deep in the woods that guards a sacred power.
The ancestors of the Hylians created the temple... Signs of their civilization-
-ancient, but very sophisticated--are everywhere.
If someone could obtain the power of those ancient people... Well, I am sure it
would go a long way toward saving Hyrule.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Has anyone else noticed the large amount of technology in these dungeons lately? That thing in the center appears to be a large metal structure held together by industrial rivets and powered by a large crystal, while all the details on the walls had conveyor belts and large tubes going into the floor. This does remind me of Ashei in TP talking about the power of the ancients when referring to the very mechanical Temple of Time.

That's a good point, and though you are speaking of the Temple of Time, it actually brings to mind the industrial characteristics in the architecture of the City in the Sky. If we are to say that they were built by the Oocca, the ancient sky beings that perhaps may date back to the era of Skyward Sword, we might actually have evidence suggesting that the ancient inhabitants living in this era are simply very technologically advanced. This could explain the high amount of technology that we seem to be seeing in these dungeons....and if the great war referenced in OoT takes place during Skyward Sword (perhaps only at the end of which the kingdom of Hyrule will be born into estabishment) then we may be able to accredit the war for the loss of knowledge on these technologies in future games.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Lol, that is the exact link that i linked to earlier in this thread. I meant are there any OTHER examples?

XD Wow that was rather silly of me. *facepalm moment* (sorry, but recently I've been seeing a lot of people in the new SS threads missing exactly what's being said in a thread right next door, so it looked like another case of that here. :P) To be fair though, you DID say you had never noticed it at all, so it sounded like you also had missed that example. If you insist though I can try to go pulling other screenshots for you.

::EDIT:: Though I really think that one instance in that thread is what Djinn was really referring to, unless he says otherwise.

I've only seen it on the Hylian shield. It was first made with the bird head there and the Triforce above it. In WW they combined the two.

But I think this is the first instance where I've seen the bird's crest specifically set up as if it's missing the triforce.

picture16lu.png
Crest_of_Hyrule-300x188.jpg

Look at the logo for Skyward Sword: it's set up a little bit differently than above. If they wanted to put the bird's crest on the door without it looking oddly like it's missing the Triforce in the center, they could have used the design you see below. However: they specifically chose the design where the Triforce is meant to be in the center, making it look unnatural without it. Their choice really makes it look as if they are trying to emphasize the lack of the Triforce purposely.

Another note in looking at the logo: it looks like they modified it specifically to emphasize the Triforce from the way it seems intentionally set up to stand out rather boldly on top. I feel this emphasis on the Triforce seems to point even more significance to the fact that it's missing. It looks like it's going to be a rather crucial element to Skyward Sword.

zelda-skyward-sword-logo-wii-small.jpg

Last edited:

Con-man

Master Swordsman
To be fair though, you DID say you had never noticed it at all, so it sounded like you also had missed that example. If you insist though I can try to go pulling other screenshots for you.

::EDIT:: Though I really think that one instance in that thread is what Djinn was really referring to, unless he says otherwise.

Lol, its all good. However, I was making the point that this was the first instance of the royal crest missing the triforce, and he was saying it was not, I quote

"Several times the Hylian bird crest has appeared but without the triangle above." :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom