• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U TPHD the last Zelda remake?

Skyward Sword won't be a hard game to remake. It already has a good art style: Just switch to 1080p and make extraneous dialogue/tutorials/fetch quests optional. And it's a perfect game right there.
And make the motion controls optional. The motion controls just broke down at certain points in the game. Also if tyhey can remove wind affecting sailing in WW, then they can remove stamina affecting how many spin slashes you can do and how afar you can run in SS too.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
And make the motion controls optional. The motion controls just broke down at certain points in the game. Also if tyhey can remove wind affecting sailing in WW, then they can remove stamina affecting how many spin slashes you can do and how afar you can run in SS too.

That will be a problem as the whole game was built around Motion Controls. Nintendo wont even put the effort into having some new character models and decent textures in an HD TP why would they go through the effort of doing making major gameplay changes with SS?

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
That will be a problem as the whole game was built around Motion Controls. Nintendo wont even put the effort into having some new character models and decent textures in an HD TP why would they go through the effort of doing making major gameplay changes with SS?

The game was originally created for the Gamecube, with no motion controls in mind. They kind of slapped them on and released it with the Wii to boost the Wii sales, which is why that version came out first.

If they DO manage to give it nice SS-style motion controls, I will be pleased. Otherwise, I'll just use the gamepad.

They were talking about Skyward Sword, which WAS built around motion controls. I agree that playing that game with a controller just wouldn't work.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The game was originally created for the Gamecube, with no motion controls in mind. They kind of slapped them on and released it with the Wii to boost the Wii sales, which is why that version came out first.

If they DO manage to give it nice SS-style motion controls, I will be pleased. Otherwise, I'll just use the gamepad.

I'm talking about why we won't see SS HD there as I was replying to someone who had suggested they remove the motion controls from it. I was explaining how SS was built around motion controls and therefore Nintendo would not remove them.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
This is the only game I care about them remaking. What I would absolutely love is if they gave Ocarina of Time a Final Fantasy VII treatment. Completely redo the game with modern technology. Keep the gameplay and story intact, but give it that "new game" feel. That would absolutely make me die. I could die the day after playing that and be happy.

I want to make clear: I don't just want the game in HD. I want it completely redone. Imagine walking up to Death Mountain and it looking like this (you have to use your imagination, of course):

maxresdefault.jpg

How amazing would that be? Seeing something like that when you walk into Kakariko Village for the first time? Doing the Bottom of the Well with super amazing lighting effects—imagine how creepy that dungeon could be!

I'm getting chills just thinking about it.
I agree with this. If they can do it with Final Fantasy, then they can do it with Zelda. They could probably do it quite easily with Majora's Mask since it's quite a short game. I'd rather have one well done remake than all of the half arsed remakes we've had so far. They've shown us what the Wii U is capable of with tech demos, maybe it's time to actually use those capabilities. Maybe people would actually buy them then.

Reactions: Dio

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I doubt they're gonna stop remaking games, but I hope they're done for a good while. Once TPHD is released, we'll have had 4 remakes over the course of 5 years, as well as a spinoff (Hyrule Warriors), a game that steals heavily from another game in the series and often feels like a pseudo-remake (A Link Between Worlds), a game that feels like a spinoff but is actually apparently canon and steals a lot of elements from A Link Between Worlds and the Four Swords Games (Tri Force Heroes), and we're also getting a remake of a spinoff (Hyrule Warriors Legends). This is all over the course of 5 years. Given this streak, I think it's safe to say we've had enough remakes. Will Nintendo stop remaking games? Not likely. Do I want them to stop? Indefinitely.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I doubt they're gonna stop remaking games, but I hope they're done for a good while. Once TPHD is released, we'll have had 4 remakes over the course of 5 years, as well as a spinoff (Hyrule Warriors), a game that steals heavily from another game in the series and often feels like a pseudo-remake (A Link Between Worlds), a game that feels like a spinoff but is actually apparently canon and steals a lot of elements from A Link Between Worlds and the Four Swords Games (Tri Force Heroes), and we're also getting a remake of a spinoff (Hyrule Warriors Legends). This is all over the course of 5 years. Given this streak, I think it's safe to say we've had enough remakes. Will Nintendo stop remaking games? Not likely. Do I want them to stop? Indefinitely.

Yes. We've had too many non-main series games. They're trying to hold us over, of course, but to be honest, it isn't working. At least not for me.

But I don't mind the remakes as long as they're done right. And as long as they're not released so often. To be honest, I'd rather them work on a different series altogether instead of wasting resources on remakes or spin-offs... unless it's the ultimate Ocarina of Time remake. Then and only then do I approve :P

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Yeah like I've probably said earlier in this thread, the remakes are getting out of hand. I know TP HD won't be the last Zelda Remake, but I atleast hope it's the last remake for awhile. I'm getting tired of remakes, I wasn't even too keen on TP getting remade this early. I honestly would have been fine waiting another 5 years for a TP remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom