• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Touch Minigames

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't know but I personally hope they don't; when I play Zelda, it's for somewhat serious purposes. Touch controls just aren't serious to me. Reserve that kinda stuff for Kirby, huh?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I just hope they make touch controls optional...the others just didn't work for top down games...at least to me.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i dont mind touch screen Mini-Games. but touch screen controls like PH are just the most horrible and worst idea ever, and how it made its way through development and release, i dont know.

However on topic, I bet they throw some in!

I'd be cool with that. I mean, mini games in Zelda are ****ing horrible experiences all the time, so it doesn't really matter what the control scheme is. I'm sure I won't beat any of them regardless. :P But while it is entirely possible, I'm not totally sure that it is likely. Just based on the way we've seen the touchscreen 'implemented' so far.

Beardless Dwarf

King of the Longbeards
Meh. Touch minigames would make sense considering that there are minigames in every Zelda game I've ever played and the touch screen is a big part of both the DS and 3DS so I do think that there will be at least some touchscreen minigames. Will they be good? That remains to be seen.

I imagine Nintendo will want to utilize the touchscreen in some way now that it won't be used to control the character directly. Minigames seem to be a logical way to do this. A lot can be done with touchscreen controls that traditional buttons can't replicate. They allow more precise control and faster-paced action. As long as Nintendo implements them tastefully and avoids outright gimmicks, I'm cool with whatever they do with their minigames.

Mido

Version 1
I would hope, that if they do have touch-screen mini-games, that they stick with the touch screen there. I just was not much of a fan of the touch screen controls for the entire game. I will say that the touch screen mini-games do provide some mild entertainment, though. My advice, keep the touch screen controls to a minor role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom