• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 15 Zelda Bosses

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
This is my Top 15 Zelda Bosses list

15: Byrne
14: Twinrova (OoT)
13: Gleeok (LoZ)
12: Dorongorongo
11: Gleerok
10: Barinade
9: Vaati Reborn
8: Stallord
7: Gohma (WW)
6: Odolwa
5: Ganon (ALttP)
4: Ganondorf (WW)
3: Phantom Ganon (OoT)
2: Majora
1: Dark Link (AoL)

Honorable Mention: Cragma

What's your list?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Oh, interesting but difficult question! I'll split it in 2 parts (2D and 3D). And even though I've played the OoX games and MC, I can't really remember the bosses that well so their absence from the list doesn't mean that there aren't any good bosses in these games.

2D :
7. Thunderbird (AoL)
6. Dark Link (AoL)
5. Gleeok (LoZ)
4. Helmasaur (aLttP)
3. Nightmare (LA)
2. Trinexx (aLttP)
1. Ganon (aLttP)

3D :
12. Iron Knuckle (OoT/MM)
11. Stallord (TP)
10. Gomezz (MM)
9. Phantom Ganon (WW)
8. Twinrova (OoT)
7. Darknut (TP)
6. Zant (TP)
5. Ganondorf (WW)
4. Goht (MM)
3. Dark Link (OoT)
2. Ganondorf+Ganon (OoT)
1. Majora (MM)

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
After several hours, I have finally come up with my top 15 Zelda bosses. I rate Zelda bosses based on their coolness, challenge, and how fun they are to play. So, without further ado, let the list. Note: This is just my opinion and if you don't agree or are unsatisfied with this list, make your own list, I'll gladly read it. Another thing about this list is that I am only counting bosses I have actually beat. Also their are Spoilers Ahead

15.) Fraaz
Game: Spirit Tracks
Challenge: 8/10
Coolness: 6/10
Fun Factor: 8/10

Fraaz is a pretty fun boss and the most challenging in Spirit Tracks in my opinion. He has a total of two forms, in the first he turns either red or blue which tells you he is either going to spit out fire or ice, and when he does spit it out, use his own ability against him. In the next he splits in to two smaller versions of himself which either spit out fire or ice, and basically do the same thing as the first phase. Both these phases repeat and then he's down for the count.

14.) Gleeok
Game: Phantom Hourglass
Coolness: 7/10

Gleeok was definitely the best boss in Phantom Hourglass, he looked cool and it was awesome that Nintendo decided to bring a classic boss back. In his first form you simply just have to connect your grappling hook diagonally, facing the head that isn't about to shoot a fire ball out of its mouth. The fire ball will then bounce diagonally and hit one of the head you were aiming for. After their helmets shatter they break the front two pegs, and the second phase begins. They will then with shoot fire or ice out of their mouths and you have to grapple their tongue, which brings their head down, then slash away at their head, wash rinse repeat then the battle's over.

13.) Stallord
Game: Twilight Princess
Challenge: 7/10
Coolness: 9/10
Fun Factor: 9/10

Stallord is one of the best looking bosses on this list and the only Twilight Princess entry on this list. Stallords battle also has two phases, the first phase starts in a room with Stallord himself in the middle with a bunch of skeleton soldiers surrounding him like bumpers. You have to ride the spinner around the room and kick off, dodge the skeletons and hit his spine. Do this three times then the first phase will be over. The second phase Stallord is just a head flying around a cylindrical tower, ride the spinner around it and kick off and hit him, he will then fall to the ground where you will have to slash him, do this multiple times and the battle will be over.

12.) Bongo-Bongo
Game: Ocarina of Time

Oh Bongo-Bongo, how I love thee. Bongo-Bongo is one of my favorite bosses, simply because the battle itself is so unique. I think this is the only time in a video game you actually fought on a Bongo (go figure). Bongo-Bongo looks very cool too, he is decapitated after all. Anyways, the battle has only one phase, where you shoot his hands with arrows, take out your Lens of Truth to see him, then hit him in the eye and keep hitting him.

11.) Gohma (Wind Waker)
Game: The Wind Waker
Challenge: 5/10

Really, what is a Zelda game with out a Gohma? Well, this Gohma is arguably the best of the bunch because it was a flaming scorpion for crying out loud. To beat her all you do is grapple on Valoos tail and some dried lava will eventually break her exoskeleton, then she will smash her body on the floor, trying to smash you. Her iconic, bulbous eye will then be open for attack. Slice and dice her eye a few times and the battle will be over.

10.) Trinexx
Game: A Link to the Past
Challenge: 9/10

Trinexx is the elemental, giant, turtle that lives in the appropriately titled "Turtle Rock". To beat Trinexx, all you have to do is when one of the heads attacks, use the opposite rod against him, as in if the ice head attacks, use the fire rod to burn him to a crisp. You might want a magic potion for this battle. Once his shell shatters, he will begin to slither about randomly, hit the glowing section in the center to do him in.

9.) Molgera
Coolness: 8/10

Molgera is huge, really huge. In fact he is one of the biggest bosses in the Zelda series. This boss battle is easy if you know what you are doing, the first phase starts with Molgera burrowing in the center of the arena, try to avoid going to close to the center or else Molgera will omnom you up and spit you out so look out. Once you see his little eyeball poking out, hookshot it to you and slash at it. The second phase he spits out two Molgera larvae, kill them, and then you will get a clear view of Molgeras eye.

8.) Nightmare of Dethl
Game: Link's Awakening

The Nightmares final form, Dethl, is pretty cool looking, he is the final form of five grueling other forms. To do this baddie in all you have to do is jump over his arms and get sixteen perfect shots with your bow, in Dethl's eye. Or, if you are feeling brave, you can get one good shot with your boomerang. Dethl is most certainly one of the best final bosses in the Zelda series.

7.) Ganondorf
Coolness: 10/10
Fun Factor: 10/10

The best Ganondorf battle in the series in my opinion and one of the more complicated battles on this list. In the first phase you must first angle yourself at opposite ends with Zelda, and she will shoot him with a light arrow. Go in for a few blows and then, Ganondorf will back hand Zelda, rendering her unconscious. Now it is a one on one battle, he will start launching himself at you and all you can do is parry, do that a couple of times and Zelda will wake up. Zelda will then tell you to aim you shield at her, she then shoots an arrow at you, and you will aim it at Ganondorf, once it has hit him, parry around him and then you will stab him in the fore head oh yeah!

6.) Goht
Game: Majora's Mask

This battle was pure fun, you get to roll around a track as Goron Link, and smash into the sides of a mechanical goat. Awesome, and that is all you need to know about this guy to beat him too XD.

5.) Odolwa

Odowla is a giant tribal warrior, with a huge sword and shield. Most of his attacks are close ranged so be careful. To beat him, all you have to do is shoot an arrow at his body to stun him, then get a couple of hits in. Wash, rinse, and repeat and the battle will be over before you know it.

4.) Majora's Wrath

Beating this boss without the Fierce Deity's mask is no cake walk, first you have to get some distance from him and wait until he is taunting you in between whippings, and shoot a light arrow, then go in and slash a couple times, then run quickly back. Later in the battle he will shoot out spiky spinning tops, use your shield to avoid them, and do the same as you did before, and the battle will be over in a flash.

3.) Phantom Ganon
Game: Ocarina of Time

Phantom Ganon is cool, as it prepares you for the battle against Ganondorf himself. First he will hide in the paintings, when he comes out shoot him with your arrows and he will go back into the paintings do it a couple more times and he will come out for a game of dead mans volley. This is where he shoots an energy ball out and you keep slashing it back and forth, after awhile he will die and be sent to the void in between dimensions.

2.) Dark Link
Game: Adventure of Link
Challenge: 10/10

This battle is really long, hard, and brooding if you don't use the crouch in the corner trick. If you don't use the corner trick, you will be in for a long and difficult battle. The only advice I have for you in this battle is, try to find a strategy and keep slashing no matter what!

1.) Ganon
Game: A Link to the Past
Challenge: 10/10

The final showdown with the greatest incarnation of Ganon. This battle is certainly worth it after playing through the long quest. Ganon starts out by sounding all threatening, but heroic you still decides to fight the King of Evil. The battle starts with Ganon throwing his trident, dodge it get a few hits in, you get the gist. Next he sends a bunch of fire bats after you, dodge them to get a few hits in. Thirdly, he stomps on the ground and the sides of the stage start to fall off, dodge his fire and get a feel hits in. Finally, Ganon turns off the lights and you have to light them back on with your fire rod, Ganon turns blue and that ques you to shoot a silver arrow at him, do that four times and he is done for.

Well that does it for my top 15 Zelda bosses, if you read this far thanks. See you next time and I hope you have a great day. Keep on gaming ;)
-Tony

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
15. Phantom Ganon OoT
14. Ganon TP
13. Igos Du Ikana MM (he's sort of a boss)
12. Twinrova OoT
11. Volvagia OoT
10. Twinmold MM
9. Argarok TP
8. Molgara WW
7. Goht MM
6. Odolwa MM
5. Barinade OoT
4. Ganon OoT
3. Stallord TP
2. Majora MM. (all 3 forms)
1. Gyorg MM