• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline:Backward's Trend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I'm sure all of you know it's been confirmed many times that Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocarina of Time. But how much does the world of Zelda actually begin with Skyward Sword? Would you like to see Nintendo continue this backwards trend and see more prequels? We won't fully know anything until Skyward Sword is released and completed but what do you think? Would you like to the Zelda Wii-U take place even before Skyward Sword?

:)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No more prequel's before SS. There was no Master sword before SS and nobody had attempted to gain the triforce. Making a prequel to SS would be pointless. A prequel to the wind waker involving the great flood or a prequel to A link to the past showing the seal war would be good though.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'd rather the WiiU title be a sequel to Twilight Princess. After bringing in a game like that that opened up a pretty decent amount of options for how the games can connected and then bringing in the series' origins, the next title coming after TP really makes perfect sense. As far as any more prequels before SS, though, I really don't want it, as it isn't necessary at all.

I must say I actually agree. If they do however continue this prequel trend it has to be done correctly. Maybe answer some things that aren't explained in Skyward Sword itself. I like the idea of the time before the flood but the Seal War really has my vote. That's a story I'd like to see.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I like pre-quels, they make you say "Oooooooh this is why that happened!" haha. I love that feeling. But in addition, I think pre-quels or sequels need to be had for timeline theorists to complete their theories. There is simply not enough information to complete timelines, and, given the choice between a new game, sequel, or prequel, I'd go prequel :)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I must say I actually agree. If they do however continue this prequel trend it has to be done correctly. Maybe answer some things that aren't explained in Skyward Sword itself. I like the idea of the time before the flood but the Seal War really has my vote. That's a story I'd like to see.

Thing is, when OoT was made, it was already begging for a prequel. So many vague references to the past that weren't even touched on were in that game. I'm pretty sure they knew they were going to make a prequel eventually, but they just didn't know when. It made sense to not go ahead and make another prequel, as they had just done that with ALttP, so having space in-between made sense (although it's been quite some time, but that doesn't really matter, it's better that it's been this long). However, I really don't see Skyward Sword having things left unanswered about what happened in the past, meaning I personally don't think they're going to leave SS wide-open for a prequel. Doesn't mean they will never make one, but I don't see SS having things about the past in it that beg for an explanation like in OoT.

Thing is, when OoT was made, it was already begging for a prequel. So many vague references to the past that weren't even touched on were in that game. I'm pretty sure they knew they were going to make a prequel eventually, but they just didn't know when. It made sense to not go ahead and make another prequel, as they had just done that with ALttP, so having space in-between made sense (although it's been quite some time, but that doesn't really matter, it's better that it's been this long). However, I really don't see Skyward Sword having things left unanswered about what happened in the past, meaning I personally don't think they're going to leave SS wide-open for a prequel. Doesn't mean they will never make one, but I don't see SS having things about the past in it that beg for an explanation like in OoT.
Agreed. If they do make another prequel I'd like to see it a good ways away from now. As far as Zelda Wii-U goes I'd like to see it take place the furthest on the timeline. Why? I have no idea. I just do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom