• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Three Master Swords Timeline Theory (Skyward Sword is NOT the 1st Game!)

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Even if there is an official statement that Skyward Sword will take place before Ocarina of Time, ruining my "Hero's Clothes came from Kokiri Tunic" theory, I made another one, which keeps my Hero's Clothes theory intact.

First of all, there are three Master Swords - OOT/TWW/TP Master Sword, OOX Master Sword and Skyward Sword.

I'm trying to create a timeline. Unfortunately, the new guy from the newest trailer (similarites to the Dark Interlopers/Twili) causes a problem, but I will try.

Skyward Sword could take place in the Adult Timelime, in New Hyrule (after Spirit Tracks), becuase the Master Sword from Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess cannot shoot Sword Beams.

Child Timelime is pretty self-explanatory. I will focus on Adult Timeline.

1. After old Master Sword was lost under the sea, Skyward Sword was created.
2. After Spirit Tracks, New Hyrule was taken over by monsters and it was saved by Link. Skyward Sword turns into new Master Sword (with Sword Beam ability).
3. The Four Sword saga. "The new guy is Vaati" theorists might support that, but Skyward Sword is not the Picori Blade/Four Sword.
4. The Dekus and Gerudos in the Four Sword Saga are different from previous games.
5. Now it's time for Ganon and his Trident. First of all, that's entirely new Ganon, not the old one from The Wind Waker and before. He ends sealed inside the Four Sword.
6. Some time after Four Sword saga, Ganon escapes from the FS, breaking it into shards. Later, he breaks into the Sacred Realm, hides the FS shards inside the Palace of the Four Sword, and takes the whole Triforce, present there from The Wind Waker.
7. A Link to the Past. Ganon is killed, Triforce and Four Sword are recovered.
8. Oracle games. Ganon is revived (with side-effects) by Twinrova, but NOT killed. Becuase Oracles doesn't take place in Hyrule, the Master Sword and Twinrova are different (not from OOT).
9. Link's Awakening. Pretty self-explanatory.
10. The Legend of Zelda - Raging Ganon returns and dies again. Magical Sword from this game might be the new Master Sword/Skyward Sword.
11. The Adventure of Link - Ganon revival, 2nd attempt. Unsuccessful.

Final Timeline:
Adult - OOT--TWW/PH--ST--SS--TMC/FS/FSA--ALTTP/OOX/LA--TLOZ/TAOL
Child - OOT/MM--TP

Good theory. But some parts of this are made up and or speculation. it was a pleasure reading it though.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Nintendo's statements are statements, but I don't need to agree with all of them. Also, I need more evidence for SS being a prequel to OOT. Definetely more details about story, becuase two trailers at this time isn't enough yet. I made this theory by merging smaller theories about Hero's Clothes, Master Sword with/without Sword Beam, Trident, Four Sword and two Ganons. Why not three Master Swords? Unfortunately, every timeline is flawed, and another Skyward Sword update might kill my 3MS timeline theory for good.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Nintendo's statements are statements, but I don't need to agree with all of them. Also, I need more evidence for SS being a prequel to OOT. Definetely more details about story, becuase two trailers at this time isn't enough yet. I made this theory by merging smaller theories about Hero's Clothes, Master Sword with/without Sword Beam, Trident, Four Sword and two Ganons. Why not three Master Swords? Unfortunately, every timeline is flawed, and another Skyward Sword update might kill my 3MS timeline theory for good.

Dude, what Nintendo says about their games is law. Why? Because they made them. That's like saying something is not actually what's going to happen in a movie trailer when the movie comes out. That just makes no sense. And what makes even less sense is this "three Master Swords" thing. Seriously? Where did you come up with this. This is dumber than the "Ganon takes over Ganondorf" and "Sheik was Link's father, died, Zelda takes over his body" theories. It has no basis whatsoever.

Oh, and it's the same Ganon throughout every game.

Dude, what Nintendo says about their games is law. Why? Because they made them. That's like saying something is not actually what's going to happen in a movie trailer when the movie comes out. That just makes no sense.

It would be Law if Nintendo wouldn't change it's mind every few seconds. First they say that ALttP ist the sequel to OoT, than they said its WW. They said the first game would be LoZ, then they said it was ALttP, then OoT, then FS, than TMC and now SS. At the moment they say it's SS, but what will they say in about a year???

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It would be Law if Nintendo wouldn't change it's mind every few seconds. First they say that ALttP ist the sequel to OoT, than they said its WW. They said the first game would be LoZ, then they said it was ALttP, then OoT, then FS, than TMC and now SS. At the moment they say it's SS, but what will they say in about a year???

Um...no, they didn't do that. Fans did that. Get your facts straight.

D

Daydreamerawake

Seriously? You made a theory about *clothes?* What in the world...?

Oh, and Skyward Sword comes before Ocarina of Time. That's official. So, that "timeline" of yours is seriously jacked up. In fact, most of it is.

Uh... Yeah, It's Called "Theorizing" Thus Why He's Posting In The "Zelda Theory" Thread.

People Can Be Wrong Okay, and If They Are You Don't Have To Be A Bully About It. Get Off Your High Horse, Take The Stick Out Of Your A**, and Stop Being A D-Bag All The Time.

Have A Wonderful Day. :)

Pinecove

Last Chance
Dude, what Nintendo says about their games is law. Why? Because they made them. That's like saying something is not actually what's going to happen in a movie trailer when the movie comes out. That just makes no sense. And what makes even less sense is this "three Master Swords" thing. Seriously? Where did you come up with this. This is dumber than the "Ganon takes over Ganondorf" and "Sheik was Link's father, died, Zelda takes over his body" theories. It has no basis whatsoever.

Oh, and it's the same Ganon throughout every game.

Everything about this post was correct until the last sentece. There are two Ganondorfs. One in OoT, TWW & TP, one in FSA, ALttP, OoS/OoA and LoZ.

ALttP still IS the sequel to OoT. Just not the direct sequel. TWW is the sequel to OoT too.

SS-OoT-TWW/PH-ST
......\MM-TP

With ALttP coming after TP or TWW.

Nintendo has never said the first game was LoZ, nor ALttP, nor TMC.

FS was most likely first for a period in development when TMC was under a plan to be like SS (an origin story for the master sword).

So yeah. All arguments debunked. This debate is over.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Uh... Yeah, It's Called "Theorizing" Thus Why He's Posting In The "Zelda Theory" Thread.

People Can Be Wrong Okay, and If They Are You Don't Have To Be A Bully About It. Get Off Your High Horse, Take The Stick Out Of Your A**, and Stop Being A D-Bag All The Time.

Have A Wonderful Day. :)

Yeah, yeah, you're right. Sorry. However, no need for you to be the way you were.

Everything about this post was correct until the last sentece. There are two Ganondorfs. One in OoT, TWW & TP, one in FSA, ALttP, OoS/OoA and LoZ.

ALttP still IS the sequel to OoT. Just not the direct sequel. TWW is the sequel to OoT too.

SS-OoT-TWW/PH-ST
......\MM-TP

With ALttP coming after TP or TWW.

Nintendo has never said the first game was LoZ, nor ALttP, nor TMC.

FS was most likely first for a period in development when TMC was under a plan to be like SS (an origin story for the master sword).

So yeah. All arguments debunked. This debate is over.

No, it's all the same Ganon/Ganondorf. That's heavily implied. The one in the Orcacle games really doesn't apply, though, as they just threw him in with the link cable for fans to have fun. The Oracle games are pretty much impossible to put on the "timeline" as they're kinda supposed to be the same thing, yet kinda not. It's similar to the Pokemon games in that way. It's difficult to put into words, and I'm not gonna go into detail about it. Now, it can't really be proven that it's the same Ganon throughout all the games, but it's got more evidence than there being two. One, Ganon is the transformation of Ganondorf. There are no Gerudo in the games starting after Twilight Princess, which is what the games like A Link to the Past and stuff would be. Now, it can't be confirmed that A Link to the Past comes after Twilight Princess (or any other game) either, but it makes most sense to put it there. Anyway, so if there's no Gerudo, there can be no reincarnation, only revival. There can't be another Ganon in the "Adult Timeline" as Ganondorf was sealed at the bottom of the Great Sea, so the idea FS games and The Minish Cap being in that "timeline" are impossible, as he can't be revived nor reincarnated. So, really, the only logical option is that it's always the same Ganon/Ganondorf.

Oh, sorry, the Gerudos are extinct starting *in* Twilight Princess, not after. But, still, everything I said applies.

Hey, I did some research and I found somethink that could disprove your theory if it will be included in SS: Rauru and Kaepora Gaebora. In TP Zelda says that the master sword was crafted by the ancient sages. In OoT we were told that both Rauru and Kaepora are an ancient sage. We also know that Kaepora was reborn, which means, if he appears in his not-owl form SS must take place before OoT.

As for now most parts of your theory work. The only think I don't understand why we need a third mastersword.If you play OoA first the Zora King will give you the Msstersword. We all know that this Zoras live in the see, so it's possible one of them found the master sword in the great sea and gave it to his king.

No, it's all the same Ganon/Ganondorf. That's heavily implied.

If anything, it's heavily implied that FSA's Ganondorf is separate from the one we see in OoT, as he's given a new origin story in FSA.

The one in the Orcacle games really doesn't apply, though, as they just threw him in with the link cable for fans to have fun. The Oracle games are pretty much impossible to put on the "timeline" as they're kinda supposed to be the same thing, yet kinda not. It's similar to the Pokemon games in that way. It's difficult to put into words, and I'm not gonna go into detail about it.

That doesn't make his presence any less canon. I understand taking Flagship-related Zelda stuff with a pinch of salt, but OoX was definitely meant have Ganon as its way of closing its story. And OoX isn't nearly impossible to place on the timeline. The real problem is that it's too easy to place it in multiple places and they all have their pros (before ALttP and LA; after ALttP/LA, but before LoZ/AoL; and after LoZ/AoL.)

Now, it can't really be proven that it's the same Ganon throughout all the games, but it's got more evidence than there being two. One, Ganon is the transformation of Ganondorf. There are no Gerudo in the games starting after Twilight Princess, which is what the games like A Link to the Past and stuff would be. Now, it can't be confirmed that A Link to the Past comes after Twilight Princess (or any other game) either, but it makes most sense to put it there. Anyway, so if there's no Gerudo, there can be no reincarnation, only revival.

There are Gerudo in FSA, and FSA happens sometime either after TP or ST. So, there's plenty of chance for reincarnation.

There can't be another Ganon in the "Adult Timeline" as Ganondorf was sealed at the bottom of the Great Sea, so the idea FS games and The Minish Cap being in that "timeline" are impossible, as he can't be revived nor reincarnated. So, really, the only logical option is that it's always the same Ganon/Ganondorf.

I'm not sure your line of reasoning is so sound here. Because Ganon died at the bottom of the ocean in TWW in no way prevents his hypothetical reincarnation after TWW. Besides, Ganon dies on both sides of the timeline (in TWW and TP.) Since FSA would have to happen after either one of those deaths, a reincarnation is pretty much a necessity.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Hey, I did some research and I found somethink that could disprove your theory if it will be included in SS: Rauru and Kaepora Gaebora. In TP Zelda says that the master sword was crafted by the ancient sages. In OoT we were told that both Rauru and Kaepora are an ancient sage. We also know that Kaepora was reborn, which means, if he appears in his not-owl form SS must take place before OoT.

As for now most parts of your theory work. The only think I don't understand why we need a third mastersword.If you play OoA first the Zora King will give you the Msstersword. We all know that this Zoras live in the see, so it's possible one of them found the master sword in the great sea and gave it to his king.

Whoa, whoa, first of all, I never said they'd be in the game. I said the way I'd like it to go is that the Sages are appointed at the end of the game and perhaps Rauru and Keapora Gaebora. Second, they're not the same person. And, I don't remember the Master Sword part. But, I guess they did say that. I guess they're the way the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword.

If anything, it's heavily implied that FSA's Ganondorf is separate from the one we see in OoT, as he's given a new origin story in FSA.

That doesn't make his presence any less canon. I understand taking Flagship-related Zelda stuff with a pinch of salt, but OoX was definitely meant have Ganon as its way of closing its story. And OoX isn't nearly impossible to place on the timeline. The real problem is that it's too easy to place it in multiple places and they all have their pros (before ALttP and LA; after ALttP/LA, but before LoZ/AoL; and after LoZ/AoL.)

There are Gerudo in FSA, and FSA happens sometime either after TP or ST. So, there's plenty of chance for reincarnation.

I'm not sure your line of reasoning is so sound here. Because Ganon died at the bottom of the ocean in TWW in no way prevents his hypothetical reincarnation after TWW. Besides, Ganon dies on both sides of the timeline (in TWW and TP.) Since FSA would have to happen after either one of those deaths, a reincarnation is pretty much a necessity.

Well, if he beat both Onox and Veran, how'd they join up to revive Ganon?

And the thing about him dying on both timelines and reincarnation thing? ...Ever heard of revival? :O
(PWNED!!)

And, well, I haven't played (all of) FSA, so I don't know about that Ganon. Once I do, though, I'll be able to say something about him properly. Otherwise, my logic is perfectly sound, as is pretty much always in Zelda.

Last edited:
Well, if he beat both Onox and Veran, how'd they join up to revive Ganon?

What are you talking about? If I'm understanding you correctly (which I may very well not be), Ganon doesn't beat Onox and Veran. Twinrova just uses them to further Ganon's resurrection, which is why OoX must be placed close to a game that ends with both a dead Ganon, and a full Triforce in the Royal Family's possession.

And the thing about him dying on both timelines and reincarnation thing? ...Ever heard of revival? :O
(PWNED!!)

The Ganon from FSA cannot be a revived TWW/TP Ganon. FSA presents its Ganondorf with an origin, rather than a comeback. For instance, one female Gerudo describes FSA Ganondorf's upbringing as if she was there to witness it; however, this can't really be the case if his upbringing was way back in the times of the OoT era if FSA Ganondorf is a revived TP Ganondorf.

And, well, I haven't played (all of) FSA, so I don't know about that Ganon. Once I do, though, I'll be able to say something about him properly. Otherwise, my logic is perfectly sound, as is pretty much always in Zelda. Don't ever say that about me. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not trying to say I'm better than you, but don't ever insult my Zelda knowledge. I may not be super high points on the forums here (because I just recently started getting on them), but in the IntenseDebate and everywhere else in the Zelda world I am, I'm known to have Zelda knowledge and logic. And I've only been here and those other places that since the Summer of '10.

That doesn't really answer anything I said. It's not sound to suggest that because Ganon died in the ocean, a reincarnation is impossible. There are no holes with placing FSA after TWW as far as Ganon is concerned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom