• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Three Heart Challenge

Hey Guys i just started my first 3HC (and loving it) i would highly recommend it to anyone who thinks oot is getting a bit to easy :(

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
What is the point of this thread? You didn't give us a specific topic to discuss.

You're saying that Ocarina of Time is getting easy for you so I'll recommend some other tings to make the game harder.

- No bomb bag, quiver, etc. upgrades.
- When you become an adult get the Giant's Knife as soon as possible and break it. Don't use the Master Sword until the final boss.
- Get only one bottle and don't out any healing items in it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Stop. Don't do a 3HC.

Rather, you should hit up a Minimalist run. It is much, MUCH harder than a 3HC and will give you many more memories. It does the following:
  • Tests your knowledge of Zelda
  • Forces you into doing a three heart, heavily restricted run
  • Will give you many more deaths than a normal 3HC
  • Forces you into dangerous situations
  • Makes for a LOT of fun!

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I'll admit, I'm simply not a skilled enough gamer to take on a 3 heart challange. I've never tried though, so I'm not sure how hard it would be. I would imagine that getting all bottles and keeping them filled would be essiential. I congratulate anyone who has done it though.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I'll admit, I'm simply not a skilled enough gamer to take on a 3 heart challange. I've never tried though, so I'm not sure how hard it would be. I would imagine that getting all bottles and keeping them filled would be essiential. I congratulate anyone who has done it though.

When you're been playing the same game for years you won't even need to fill your bottles. ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Exactly what CSD said.

Bottles are never even necessary for a 3HC; Nayru's Love is all you need. Even if playing minimalist, all you have to do is keep your defense up...by moving around, as a shield is never acquired except for the Mirror Shield and even then only for puzzles and when absolutely needed for said puzzle. Keep in mind that this *skill* that I have was acquired over 10 minutes worth of observation, what true skill is is successfully pulling off the Door of Time skip 100x in a row.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Minimalist run is something I recommend ;)
And it's something I'll be trying out on SS on launch day.. :D

Sorry about that

I guess i didn't give you guys anything to talk about what i wanted you guys to talk about was your rules and regulations for people that have done 3HC and/or Minimalistic run :)

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
My personal rules for a regular 3HC are: No extra heart containers, no defense upgrade, no Nayru's Love, and no carrying bottled fairies or healing drinks. Everything else is fair game.

For a minimalist run: All of the above, including no weapon/wallet/magic upgrades (this means the Biggoron Sword too), no extra bottles. No skulltulas, ice arrows, maps or compasses, or anything else that isn't 100% required to complete the game.

MW7

I have a pretty unique set of rules for an OOT minimalist run. Most of it is standard except for the goron tunic.

3 hearts
no capacity upgrades
no defense upgrade
no hylian shield and you must burn the deku shield ASAP
no deku nuts, lens of truth, fire arrows, ice arrows, or magic beans
no biggoron sword
no farore's wind or nayru's love
no goron or zora's tunics
Because of the goron tunic restriction, you may carry up to 2-3 bottled fairies in the Fire Temple. You may also carry 1 bottled fairy in the Water Temple but I believe it may be possible to do without. You may not use fairies anywhere else or ever carry potions.

I have a pretty unique set of rules for an OOT minimalist run. Most of it is standard except for the goron tunic.

3 hearts
no capacity upgrades
no defense upgrade
no hylian shield and you must burn the deku shield ASAP
no deku nuts, lens of truth, fire arrows, ice arrows, or magic beans
no biggoron sword
no farore's wind or nayru's love
no goron or zora's tunics
Because of the goron tunic restriction, you may carry up to 2-3 bottled fairies in the Fire Temple. You may also carry 1 bottled fairy in the Water Temple but I believe it may be possible to do without. You may not use fairies anywhere else or ever carry potions.
Whoa, now THAT is extreme o.o
I've never made it through a 3 heart challenge and I doubt I ever will . . . farthest I've ever gotten is to the fire temple xD Anyways, when I tried my unsuccessful 3 heart challenge/minimalist run, my rules were:
- Nothing to heal you, at all (fairies, potions, etc)
-No shield
-No warp songs
-No heart pieces, obviously
-No item upgrades
-No talking to unnecessary people

Pretty standard, the last one I did just to see if I could resist it ^.^

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I just do a straight up 3 heart run, I have never attempted a minimalist run, by I will oncI finish Skyward Sword a couple times. :D

I'm currently doing a Minimalist ru Of Oot3d, but I didn't knew it was possible to do fire temple without goron tunic, so I used it, and there's just no way I'll be able to beat it without lens of truth, so i got that one too I'm having troubles with bongo-bongo though. also, the Water temple is very much possible without Zora tunic or Fairy, you just gotta be fast, and sometimes, you are required to die.

MW7

I'm currently doing a Minimalist ru Of Oot3d, but I didn't knew it was possible to do fire temple without goron tunic, so I used it, and there's just no way I'll be able to beat it without lens of truth, so i got that one too I'm having troubles with bongo-bongo though. also, the Water temple is very much possible without Zora tunic or Fairy, you just gotta be fast, and sometimes, you are required to die.

Yeah you have to have the longshot and scarecrow's song before doing the Fire Temple if you want to skip getting the Goron Tunic (and also the Bolero of Fire incidentally). You just have to enter Death Mountain Crater from the top entrance, turn right, jump off the cliff onto a small platform surrounded by lava, summon pierre, longshot him, longshot a block, then enter the Fire Temple.

Skipping the lens of truth is something that you pretty much have to put in some time to learn (at least for the haunted wasteland). The time spent learning how to do this is not really worth it unless you plan on speedrunning the game.

And that's what I thought about the Water Temple. I have never been quite fast enough to pull it off without a fairy but have come within a couple of seconds in that underwater chamber in the center room so I figured it was possible.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Skipping the lens isn't all that time consuming; just watch a quick video and mark it on paper – you'll land it no time at all! After repeated trials, you'll pretty much memorize it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom