• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things You Tried to Do.......

Feral

The Drifter
What are things you tried to do but didn't work?

Mine mostly revolve around the bug net.

I tried catching fish with it, remlits, npc heads and merchant' s wares.

I also looked around for a way to play in Link's original clothes.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
These are all in Ocarina of Time:

I tried EVERY rumor I could find on how to get the Trifoce
I tried EVERY rumor on how to get the Power Bracelet behind the Great Deku Tree
I tired to obatin the Silver/Golden Saddle and eventually get the white horse from Zelda

MW7

I tried tricking the game into giving me the songs during the flames quest early by completing the silent realm and then returning to the thunderhead. It turns out you have to get the flame first. Makes sense but seemed repetitive to me to make you get the songs in three trips when they could have just given you all three at once.

I tried skipping the fireshield earrings by using a guardian potion plus and the game won't let you pass through the hot area of eldin volcano until you get the earrings even though you wouldn't take any damage anyway because of the potion. I was mad at that one and even made a thread about it because it seemed very pointless to me to prevent freedom.

I tried skipping the dungeon map in Sky Keep only to find out that the game forces you to pick it up. I think that's the first time that the dungeon map has ever been required to complete a dungeon ever in the 25 years of Zelda games. Another instance of limiting player choice in modern Zelda games.

I tried tons of other little things like trying to hit arrow switches with every other kind of item which doesn't work (didn't expect that to work at all though anyway).

I tried returning to the Skyview Temple early to get the key as soon as I got the digging mitts. This one the designers definitely thought through- the water level prevents you from getting it until you get the Water Dragon's Scale. I shouldn't have fallen for that one, that was a "duh" moment.

Here's one odd thing I tried that worked- as soon as I got the Water Dragon's Scale I went directly to the Skyview Temple (the game directs you to go to the Lake Floria first where the Water Dragon then sends you back to the Skyview Temple). You can get the sacred water for the Water Dragon without Fi's dowsing target for it. It's really easy because it's where the fairies are. Doing this probably saves you a little time because then you can give the water to the Water Dragon upon your first meeting so then you can go straight to the Ancient Cistern.

There's another instance in the Sandship in which the game directs you to go talk to crew in their cell. There's absolutely no reason to do so besides the story so you can go straight to powering up the generators. I think you can also leave a Mogma chained up in the Fire Sanctuary because he only gives you the dungeon map so you don't technically have to help him to finish the dungeon (I'm not sure if the game lets you do this one though because I haven't tried it).

I tried to catch the fish in the bottles, as mentioned by some others... I was sad that they swam away... :<

--Oh, oh! Here's a good one: you know the claimed 1:1 sword play that this game features? Well, I tested this right away after I borrowed the knight's sword from Eagus and was actually let down that it didn't work... I took my wiimote and pretended to stab myself in the chest with it. Er, it's not really a surprise that the game wouldn't let me, but I was still bummed about it. xD

I tried to fly my loftwing at night, from the Pumpkin Landing so that one guy wouldn't yell at me... Figures my loftwing was sleeping...

I tried using my items on people, seeing their reactions. Most amusing was bombing Gorko, using the gust bellows on random people, and launching the beetle at Stritch (only because he likes bugs).

After I got the hookshot, I noticed the chimney of the Knight's Academy had a target that I could grapple onto, so I got in Zelda's bedroom... but I noticed how I could peer into the bath from the air vent. So, my sister regrets suggesting it, but I decided to figure out who was hogging the bath at nighttime... I found Gaepora shirtless in the tub, just chilling there. xDD I tried to make a ruckus in the air vent and see if he would respond to it, but he didn't...

This one is just me being weird, but I took all of the pumpkins from the patch overlooking the lake in Skyloft, and tossed them all into the water. This was the result. I then enjoyed doing the corkscrew attack, destroying them all. A little irrelevant, but I still tried to do it. ;p

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
It seems weird, but i spent 30 minutes trying to kill that creepy cat-like thing that comes in skyloft at night. I eventually just got satisfied with throwing it off the waterfall.

link give up your heats so you can shoot your awesome power

kill that evil rat bat cat thingy grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I tried to fly at night in skyward sword...unfortunately it didn't work... Also i tried to kill Groose by going to Dowsing mode and stab him with my sword...I know it wouldn't work but it was worth the try!!! There i think are lots of things i tried to do which didn't work in Twilight Princess and in Ocarina of time but i don't remember...

Tried getting food at the Bazzar. If you sit at either table, the guys start up a conversation with you and one of them mentions waiting forever for food. So I literally sat there for ten mintues waiting if she'll actually give you food.

i try to kill every enemy with the bettle and I tried to kill one of those annoying robot things

Before I got the whip, I tried running up to the horn blowing enemies, and tried snatching their horn with the bug net.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I activated BiT and tried to escape Skyloft...turns out the game just crashes. Looks like there is no serious BiT glitching anymore :/

As noted before, this game doesn't have 1:1 but it DOES have 1.5:1 on average, Wiimote:Player. So, with the 500ms delay I tried to swing in real time only to realize that Link doesn't respond accurately to my actions. 'nother fail.

Last edited:

Makar

I am the wannabe Kokiri!
I tried throwing the large jars in the Knight's Academy at the grumpy canteen lady, the results are rather hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom