• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things You Refuse to Do

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
This is going to sound weird given my age, but... Sex. I am one of those rare people who is utterly bored by the idea of engaging in it. A lot of people even think there is something wrong with me or see me as some kind of threat over this (I'm not trying to prevent *you* from having sex - your life is your life, I just kind of think the idea of it for me is yawn-inspiring to downright weird). Maybe I'll have it someday. I don't know. If I get around to it. In the meantime, remember, folks, asexuals exist - you've just met one.

I guess I could say I refuse to sell my sense of personal honor and morality - like say "I refuse to hurt an innocent person," "I refuse to lie or to cover up something awful just to get 'ahead", but I'm not sure I should be so proud, because there's this niggling idea in the back of my mind that we all have our prices and we're all moral failures eventually.

I refuse to buy VitaminWater because their commercials really, REALLY annoy me. Watching television late at night while drifting off to sleep only to hear a commercial SCREAMING at me about gorillas makes me go "No, not buying your product - EVER."

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I shall never relinquish to the temptation of being a character that someone else on this earth tries to mold me into. Circumstances might flow against me, yet I'll remain myself to the very end. Promises of attaining due esteem at the end of evildoing are but words full of emptiness and incompletion; because they are only an illusion cast within my mind, they mean nothing to me. Even when my reputation is being questioned, I will stay true to myself and be myself throughout whatever adversity. During such times, I will not approach the situation with arrogance, but confidence and conviction in a greater Being.

I absolutely refuse to be someone other than who I am now; thus I may ascertain that I lived my life to the fullest, unswayed and unturned from the path that I have in mind.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I refuse to ever use a graphics tutorial. Feels like a backseat-driver in my :eek:nion: and I have too much pride in figuring things out on my own to even dare. Following instructions is for quadrilaterals.

:dry:

I refuse to go with the crowd and to be popular. I never like the same things as the large crowd does only because it's so cool. I refuse to watch a show because everybody is watching it, I refuse to like bands or singers because everybody likes them.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I refuse to go with the crowd and to be popular. I never like the same things as the large crowd does only because it's so cool. I refuse to watch a show because everybody is watching it, I refuse to like bands or singers because everybody likes them.

this__itachi_meme_by_lunathevampwolf1-d5karnw.jpg

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I refuse to work at wal-mart or mcdonalds ever again.. wal-mart because I'm tired of having to divy out my kindness and dealing with rude people and having things thrown at me for such small pay.. they really don't pay enough for all the crap that an employee there has to deal with.. and mcdonalds because i just don't want to work fast food lol.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Be a vegetarian. If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

No but seriously, I could not be a vegetarian even if I tried. half the stuff I eat is meat and I can't stand being skinny, which I no doubt would be were I to give up my juicy bacon breakfasts.

Whilst I completely agree that people shouldn't like things simply because they are expected to, I view this "it's popular/normal so I don't like it" mentality as being of the same vein. Both rely on a similar conviction to like or dislike things based on popular opinion. Just go with the flow guys. If you like something, like it. If not, don't. Just because something is popular doesn't automatically mean you're going to hate it.

That is NOT AT ALL what I meant but alright :dry: I mean watching it TO BE popular. Watching a show or listen to an artist or band ONLY BECAUSE it's popular

HBC

HyrulianBlackcat
I refuse to put up with sexist, racist, or anti-religious statements, unless I know they are light-hearted jokes.

I refuse to be a sterotype. I will only do/like things expected of my age/gender/color/religion because I want to or feel it is appropriate.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I refuse to be "normal". I find being called "normal" to be a major insult. I also refuse to "grow up". People keep telling me to grow up, but what they really say is that I should stop liking and doing the things I like - and why on earth would I want to do that?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I refuse to pirate music, movies, TV shows, etc., because if you truly enjoy something and want to support the creator, then pirating is basically proving yourself to be a huge hypocrite. I also refuse to buy music digitally, because that's also basically pirating but it costs money. Artists get paid virtually nothing when you purchase music digitally, from places like iTunes, etc.

I also refuse to use Comic sans... and Impact... :P

anothr thig i refuz 2 do is 2 us wrog gramer adn spelig bcus i thnk tht maks u luk rly dum
Translation: I refuse to use incorrect spelling and grammar, because it makes people look miserably unintelligent, in my opinion.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
refuse to go with the crowd and to be popular. I never like the same things as the large crowd does only because it's so cool. I refuse to watch a show because everybody is watching it, I refuse to like bands or singers because everybody likes them.
Dang it, you took mine.

I refuse to do anything because everyone else is doing it. I only do things I want to do, not things I have to do to be accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom