• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things You Don't Like Nearly As Much As the General Fan Base

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I always read a lot of people's posts and lots of other Zelda related stuff. And I have a few things that I don't enjoy neeeearly as much as the general Zelda fan base. For example:

Midna's Lament barely makes my top 10 TP songs

Gerudo valley is not in my OoT top 10, and I think it's waaaay overrated

I don't like OoT's overworld design, and I think the storytelling is sub-par

I like young link better than adult link

I enjoyed sailing in the WW

I loved TPs overworld and thought it had plenty of content

I wasnt a big fan of SS zelda (mainly her looks. Bangs dont work for you honey)

Do you have any preferences that differ with the general Zelda population?

Last edited:
So many things;

I LOVE sailing in WW
I DON'T like the Gorons
I LOVE Hyrule Castle and the style of the Twilight sequences as well as collecting the bugs
I DON'T like most of OoT's items- lens of truth, hover boots, hookshot
I DON'T like Scrapper, Groose, Girahim, Demise or most of the NPCs in Skyloft
I DON'T like Phantom hourglass at all

there are more but they are the main ones.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Well I hate Midna...

That's all I can really think of

Agreed 120%. I can't stand Midna either.

One thing I don't like as much as the general fanbase is Twilight Princess itself.
I also don't really like Adult Link as much as other fans. I kinda like Child Link better, although it still doesn't matter that much to me.
I absolutley LOVE sailing in The Wind Waker, as well as the Spirit Train from Spirit Tracks.
I hate TP's graphics. I think they look dull and boring and drab and dreary and bland and uninteresting.
I don't likeTP Link's character design. He doesn't look that appealing to me. SS Link's design is much better.

I loved sailing and collecting the Triforce pieces in Wind Waker. Ocarina of Time is not my favorite, hardly in the top 5. I actually really like Adventure of Link.

That's really all I can think of at the moment.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I can't stand the world designs in the first two games. People talk about the great exploration, but all I can see is bad conveyance in game design, and I can't get behind either game, AoL moreso.

I like the soundtrack to Wind Waker, but not nearly as much as the general fanbase seems to.

I like OoT's Water Temple, it's not nearly as confusing as most people make it out to be. Stone Tower is far more complex.

I really like Spirit Tracks. Maybe it's because of the stellar level design seen in several of the dungeons, maybe it's because of the characterization, maybe it's becuase of the trains. Yeah, it's the trains. I like trains.

I don't see how the swordplay in Wind Waker is so much better than in any other Zelda game.

I don't care for speedruns. I feel that it takes the magic out of the experience if you are just gonna glitch your way to the end and skip all the stuff Zelda has to offer. I much prefer 3-heart runs.

*later edit* whoops I forgot to add. I also really liked Fi.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I absolutely hate Midna as a character, as a guide, as an anything.
I absolutely abhor Zelda Skyward Sword; contrary to the general fanbase, I do not praise every Zelda release as if it is the next OoT.
I love OoT's Hyrule Field, even in its emptiness I still feel like it serves a purpose which is very very contradictory to my sentiments to TP's Hyrule Field or SS' The Sky.
I love OoT's difficulty even if it is somewhat easy
I hate SS' difficulty
I love OoT fanboys and hate SS fanboys, when the general fanbase seems to be the other way around as of late.
I really am indifferent or borderline disliking SS' art style when the fanbase is all over that stuff
I don't mind TP's difficulty that much, or rather, the lack thereof
I disliked a lot of TP's items in their application and existence, where some others at least liked their existence if their application included is too much.

There is more stuff, but that's off the top of my head for now. ;)

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Hmm. Let's see what can be produced here.

• I despise the overworlds of the first two Zelda games. Contrary to the popular view, they feel very confined and poorly designed.
  • Link's Awakening is one of my least favorite Zelda games (everyone seems to love it).
  • The train from Spirit Tracks was an excellent mode of transportation.
  • Spirit Tracks's multiplayer mode is superior to Phantom Hourglass's.
  • Oracle of Seasons is the better game of the pair.
  • Midna's Lament ranks lowly on my song list from the franchise.
  • There is no need for an ALttP remake on the 3DS.
  • Zelda games should feature online competitive multiplayer.
  • Zelda games should have DLC after a later late.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
•I don't like Midna. She's alright at some points, but man, is she a ***** or what?
•I honestly don't like Skyward Sword Zelda. Everyone obsesses over her, why? Twilight Princess Zelda is much more beautiful imo.
•I can't stand the 3 day system in Majora's Mask, I understand not everyone likes it or love it, but from what I've seen people feel quite strongly about it. On the other hand, I don't.
•Never really liked Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time. I felt it was a tad bit barren, they could have done a little bit more with it to be honest.
•I absolutely hate the bad reputation Navi receives. She's not that annoying, if anyone's annoying it's Fi.

So many things;
I LOVE sailing in WW
I DON'T like the Gorons
I LOVE Hyrule Castle and the style of the Twilight sequences as well as collecting the bugs
I DON'T like most of OoT's items- lens of truth, hover boots, hookshot
I DON'T like Scrapper, Groose, Girahim, Demise or most of the NPCs in Skyloft
I DON'T like Phantom hourglass at all

there are more but they are the main ones.

The bolded part..... Yeah.... You're dead to me....

I think Midna, Ilia, and Zelda from TP are some of the best LoZ characters. Don't think many would totally agree with that.
I DON'T think that Midna and Link have a romantic relationship. Wayyyy too many people think that... :/

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
Honestly, I really don't like Majora's Mask as some people do. I mean it's a good game, but you guys are way to excited over it.
I agree with the romantic relationship with Midna and Link, the thought of it scared the crap out of me.
Another one is, that I love Twilight Princess and it's thought out details and side quests. Others are saying it is one of the worst games ever but I truly love it!
I despise Ghirahim and Demise for the poor detail. It's Ganondorf, I hate it that they made another villain. In my book there is only one. And Ghirahim, he is way over rated. Everyone loves him but I hate him with a burning passion, along with Fi.
In Twilight Princess, everyone loves Midna's Lament! There is so much more potential in the music that people over look. I think Midna's Lament has gotten over rated. Just listen to the music and you'll see what I mean!

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
Fan Art. I mean I love the hard work the artists make, but it just doesn't work for me.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Yeah, I like the Fan Base much better than their actual fans. The North Dakota Fan Manufacturing Base is incredibly vital to North Dakota’s economy, and has been the number one distributer of fans of all kinds since the 20’s. I personally don’t like their fans though. They often break down too easily and have a bad reputation as a fire hazard. But I love the actual base. I took a tour of the fan base a few years ago and loved it. It was a fascinating experience that I’ve never forgotten. You leave that place with a respect for the fan industry and an education on how fans are made.
Dude wtf :lol:

I agree about Midna and Link, they should just stay friends...Also agree about Midna's Desperation being over rated. It's a good song, but the rest of the soundtrack is good too.

I dont like Ghirahim as much as a lot of people. I see him as a typical cocky and vain villain. Not much else, but I have to admit, I got some laughs out of him.

I like Fi more than a lot of people. She's annoying, and Captain Obvious, but at least she has more personality than Navi.

I don't worship OoT as much as the majority of the fanbase. It wasnt my first Zelda, so that might have something to do with it...but people need to realize that other Zeldas are just as good.

I don't enjoy getting attacked by cuccos.

I dont see how standing in the corner and sniping enemies with the bow is supposed to be happy crazy awesome fun. The sword never runs out of ammo...that saves you time and money in the long run. I use the bow pretty much as it's intended to be used, and on flying enemies.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
the only thing i can think of is i don't really like Minish Cap. I didn't like the over-world the dungeons or the bosses. I am not saying i hate it though but it's not one of my favorite games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom