• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Professional sports players make thousands, or in some cases millions, of dollars for hitting, tossing, kicking a ball and having fun in general. And they get paid regardless of whether or not they win or lose. I have to work my arse off, deal with rude, inconsiderate customers, and sacrifice my sanity for eight hours a day, forty hours a week just to barely make ends meet. (And lately I've been afraid of losing my job under the reign of my new, draconian store manager.) Guys, what the heck are we doing wrong? lol

Not everyone gets stuff handed to them. I'm pretty sure that every successful sports player (and most successful people in general) had to make a huge decision at some point in their lives of what they had to prioritize: A. Their passion (the sport in this case). or B. Having a safe future planned out and maybe getting a regular job. Additionally, in order to reach the top you will have to sacrifice a lot more than 8 hours of your day. Speaking from experience since I've seen some pretty mad & dedicated people throughout my years of being active in swimming, football, basketball, running, and currently am into strength & bodybuilding. I'm not even that serious about my current hobby/sport but I still have to put in a lot of time of my day (3-4 hrs) just to be able to call myself a fitness person, wouldn't even try to compare my efforts with fitness models or elite bodybuilders.

I totally get where you are coming from though WS, so just to be clear I'm not hating here. I too have had mundane jobs and feel a little bad sometimes when I see people who are at the top. My point being with all this is that to be the guy everyone sees on TV kicking around a ball takes so much more work & risk taking than it might seem. One of my elementary school classmates had a passion for football (soccer), he had a dream to become a pro and did so. Today he is playing for our national youth team and a very good local club, rightfully so since he was the only kid I knew who would spend his entire free time practicing with his goal in mind.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I love the fact that you took time out of your day to answer that rhetorical question, Curmy-senpai. lol

I guess I'll just put my superior running ability to use and start raking in six figures per track meet. Thanks, senpai.

If you are one of the top 500 people in the world at any profession, you'll make millions most likely.

Great to see that my post was taken so seriously and garnered so many diverse replies. Now if I can only get that to happen in one of my threads. lol But yeah, I still think that if they're making that much money for tossing a darn ball across a field, then a lot of us really need to consider changing our careers.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
This was so straight

10527308_10152182714806863_3445176688496851876_n.jpg

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
"Smoke, nothing but smoke.
There’s nothing to anything—it’s all smoke.
What’s there to show for a lifetime of work,
a lifetime of working your fingers to the bone?
One generation goes its way, the next one arrives,
but nothing changes—it’s business as usual for old
planet earth.
The sun comes up and the sun goes down,
then does it again, and again—the same old round.
The wind blows south, the wind blows north.
Around and around and around it blows,
blowing this way, then that—the whirling, erratic wind.
All the rivers flow into the sea,
but the sea never fills up.
The rivers keep flowing to the same old place,
and then start all over and do it again.
Everything’s boring, utterly boring—
no one can find any meaning in it.
Boring to the eye,
boring to the ear.
What was will be again,
what happened will happen again.
There’s nothing new on this earth.
Year after year it’s the same old thing.
Does someone call out, “Hey, this is new”?
Don’t get excited—it’s the same old story.
Nobody remembers what happened yesterday.
And the things that will happen tomorrow?
Nobody’ll remember them either.
Don’t count on being remembered."

~A pretty smart guy

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Went to sleep feeling like an annoying pest and woke up no different. Listening to a moving song while reading Leonardo's Notebook is the only thing making me feel any better. With any luck I'll feel better before I see my IRL friends at school orientation on the 6th.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
You know that new Disney movie that's coming out? It's called like, "Big Hero 6" or something?

It was weird. The second I saw the trailer, I instantly thought "This movie is going to be awesome." and there was something there in me going like "EXCITEMENT EXCITEMENT EXCITEMENT" and I was like "There's something about this movie and I don't know why it seems so awesome!"

Then, I decided to look it up on their website... and I found out it takes place in JAPAN. YES. I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING AWESOME ABOUT IT.

Clearly, all my years of being an American otaku have given me Japan/anime senses. Really, I had absolutely no idea what this movie was, but I knew there was something about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom