• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This just happened:
AFC6EB32-6CBA-4D36-BF80-2268B94C6A0D-339-000000207C90F533_zpsef2c0ef5.jpg
I think someone might want to talk to me.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I was reading a Doctor Who news site, and i saw an interview by showrunner Steven Moffat on the Finale leak:

MOFFAT!!! said:
Well that was all a bit Keystone Cops, wasn’t it? Our biggest surprise, our most secret episode, a revelation about the Doctor that changes everything…

… and we’d have got away with it too, if we hadn’t accidentally sent Blu Ray copies of Name Of The Doctor to 210 Doctor Who fans in America.

Erm – security-wise, that’s not GOOD, is it? I mean, it’s not top notch, it’s hard to defend as professional level, hard-line secrecy.

My favourite fact is that they’re BLU RAYS. Listen, we don’t just leak any old rubbish, we leak in high def. 1080p or nothing, that’s us. Every last pixel in beautifully rendered detail. It’s like getting caught extra naked.

But here’s the thing. Never mind us blundering fools, check out the fans. 210 of them, with the top secret episode in their grasp – and because we asked nicely, they didn’t breathe a word. Not one. Even Doctor Who websites have been closing their comments sections, just in case anyone blurts. I’m gobsmacked. I’m impressed. Actually, I’m humbled. And we are all very grateful.

Now you might be thinking, what does all this matter? It’s a plot development in the mad old fantasy world of Doctor Who, why is that important? Well of course, it’s not important, and in the scheme of things, it doesn’t matter at all. Just as it doesn’t matter when you’re telling a joke, and some idiot shouts out the punchline before you finish. It’s irritating, that’s all. It’s bad manners.

Well no bad manners here! 210 Doctor Who fans kept the secret, and many, many more fans helped. I wish I could send you all flowers, but I don’t know where you live (and given our record, you really shouldn’t be sharing private information with us.) So instead, if we can get our act together – and I forgive you for thinking that’s a BIG if – there will be a little video treat released later tonight.

And I find it so funny.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I am seriously considering quitting my job right now. My boss is a total a**hole and I just can't handle it.
-First, he cut my hours to hire an exchange student when they're not supposed to get jobs as part of their program.
-Then, he made me miss my prom to work when I wasn't even scheduled for that day
-And just yesterday, he took a whole hour off my paycheck since I was 1 minute late!
I tried talking to him about it, but he wouldn't listen.

The reason I'm so reluctant to quit is because there's not much available in this town since summer is approaching, but I'm getting closer to just snapping every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom