• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
cyan but yea
but why??

does it have to do with afterimages or something? it feels so instantaneous lol
it's not an afterimage, our brain is assuming that the light in the image is green and so it's applying a green filter to the whole thing
if you take a colored light (say, a red light) and shine it around your room you'll notice that the colors of everything change
I'm pretty sure that the green stripes are acting like a light and so our brain interprets the color of the signs as red because that's the color that would turn them black under the green light

Honestly, it looks perfectly red to me until I zoom in. This feels like that dress image thing that was popular years ago.
same exact concept

dress_color_2x.png

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It's because all the other colors work to change the appearance of other colors. It looked red to me at first but after looking at it for a little longer I realized it was just black with blue lines around it.

It's the same reason why my sumi ink Ganondorf painting for Linktober was throwing me off, I kept trying to experiment with different hues of green for Ganondorf's skin but when I'd apply the color, all the other colors I was using made it not look correct. So instead I ended up using a dark yellow, and it looks green, but it isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom