• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
looks like the type to be added to Smash :dry:" came across as quite disproving to me though. Specially the emote, lol.
I was kinda memeing about that but I guess it didn't portray well.
Isn't it hyper if it's someone the community as a whole gets excited over? The leaked character had been on tops of American/Japan/Europe requested character polls for quite a few years
Well I'm not really part of the community as a whole, I'll probably be sitting in my room if I even watch it but yeah I guess.

Fig

The Altruist
the thing is the fighters pass was made available way early on and sakurai was like "bro trust me", you'd either have to be a big smash fan to buy the pass or you're taking a gamble
True, but that's why he mentions it before you consider purchasing it. I trust Sakurai and I know he's going to make a great product even in the off chance I don't care about the character so I purchased the season pass because 1. Sakurai has proved himself the quality of work and effort is justified and 2. it's cheaper for me. I don't play Minecraft but even Steve is dumb fun for me because again, Sakurai knows how to make a character fun.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
It is what it is. That's just life in general. Not everyone is going to be excited, but that's why I advocate branching out and experiencing other franchises whenever you can. If a person plays more franchises, the likelihood of being excited corresponds with the exposure said person has in this scenario.
Yeah and I just haven't had the time to play many franchises :shrug:

In all this debate, we've hit 2000 pages in this thread tho :eyes:

After getting my 3DS set up before it's eshop closes in 2022 I realized that it was the first console to have a recreation of a GCN title, Luigi's Mansion. With The Wiiu having a remaster being Wind Waker. However we have yet to see any virtual console ports from the gamecube as far as my knowledge goes.

What's interesting is how the Nintendo Switch is in a perfect position to run GCN titles. That is from a control perspective. Both the Switch and GCN has a tight focus on hardware and analog controls compared to the other nintendo console family. I'm unfamiliar with it's ability to display GCN titles but I am aware that it uses Invidia technology which can process Gamecube emulated software.

Furthermore there is no intrusive gimmick to keep it being released like the reason gba very shortly released on 3DS virtual consonsole. Nintendo's decision on GCN would come down to what Nintendo could realistically do to make a profit. Ideally they could continue to rebuild games from the ground up like Luigi's Mansion and Zelda.

However bigger titles like Super Mario Sunshine rebuilt on the Super Mario 3D World engine might cost more than it would make. All of this begs the question of what is the demand for GCN titles. Personally, I wouldn't care to play GCN ports or remasters. I loved the game catalogue but vanilla titles have been too accessible for the past decade. It's hard for me to want to buy them again, although, I am one person; we'll see how this plays out.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
One of our dogs passed away suddenly tonight. He had been fine until today and then wouldn't eat or drink and slowly let go.
He was a German Shepherd and would have been 11 years old this month.

Two days ago, the wife of a family that my family was friends with passed away from a heart attack suddenly. This family had let mine stay in their garage during a bad ice storm in 2009 because it had a wood heater and we had no heat for our house. When I heard about her passing I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I swear, someone is pulling the weirdest prank on me. I don’t know if it’s my sister, God, my sub conscious self, or elves, but it’s happening.

For the past few days I’ve noticed a bunch of sequins are just popping up in random spots. I’ll be sitting down on the couch, there’s a sequin. I’ll be at work, there’s a sequin. I’ll be lying in bed, there’s a sequin. In the shower, a sequin. Sequins everywhere, but only one at a time. Red sequins, orange sequins, blue sequins. Circular sequins, hexagonal sequins, square sequins. Sequins that are big, sequins that are small. Sequins that are really shiny, sequins that are dull. I own nothing with sequins on it. I have no reason to ever see sequins around me, but there they are. They’re tormenting me, driving me mad. It’s a cult, a conspiracy I tell you. There’s a shadow organization out to get me. I don’t know if they want to drive me mad or if they’re simply trying to tell me something, but I just want it to stop!

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
After getting my 3DS set up before it's eshop closes in 2022 I realized that it was the first console to have a recreation of a GCN title, Luigi's Mansion. With The Wiiu having a remaster being Wind Waker. However we have yet to see any virtual console ports from the gamecube as far as my knowledge goes.
mate, the eshop is not closing [that we know of]

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
On its official website, Nintendo of Japan announced that the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShops will no longer allow users to add funds via credit card or e-money card starting January 18, 2022. The announcement currently only applies to Japan, but the company could very likely do the same for other regions. According to the announcement, any remaining funds in either of the respective eShops after the aforementioned date may still be used as is. Once support for credit cards and e-money cards has ended, users will only be able to add funds for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShops via Nintendo prepaid cards or by linking their Nintendo Network ID with their Nintendo account.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
yeah it's certainly not a good sign, but it'll still remain open

interesting fact: barley THIS MONTH, sony is removing that same feature for PS3, a system that's been out for way longer than the 3ds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom