• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Because I'd like to watch a Smash reveal without having to turn to Google. I guess if it's the person we're speculating I wouldn't have to, but I only know who this is because we've been talking about him, I still know nothing about the game itself
Is having to research who a fighter is and what game they originate from such a bad thing though?

Fig

The Altruist
Because I'd like to watch a Smash reveal without having to turn to Google. I guess if it's the person we're speculating I wouldn't have to, but I only know who this is because we've been talking about him, I still know nothing about the game itself
It's speculation because this character has been wanted since Smash 4/5. Until it's confirmed, it can literally be anyone. If you want to avoid speculation and stuff, the only thing I can say is avoid the internet for 4 days.

No, I'm open to finding new franchises and stuff, I just wish I could enjoy the hype of seeing someone new that I know.
He's not that hype imo. He might have been back when KH3 was fresh, but he's a bit late to the party at this point.

Last edited:

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
He'd be hype not because I care about Kingdom Hearts, but cause I know people would lose their minds and I'd have fun laughing at them. But it could also mean Mickey/Goofy appearing in smash in some way and idk how to feel about that

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Also, not saying the character but mentioning the franchise isn't really the best way to not spoiler it lmao

I can't really say I'm a fan of this mentality. Specially from someone that had pretty much null gaming knowledge until last year, lol.

Why not look up the franchise instead of disapproving it just based on how they look? If they had such massive demand it's probably for a reason.
Kingdom Hearts is this weird project that crossed over Final Fantasy and classical Disney, so you can kinda imagine its appeal.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I can't really say I'm a fan of this mentality. Specially from someone that had pretty much null gaming knowledge until last year, lol.
I don't think he's disproving it, he's just saying it'd be more interesting to him if its someone he already knows. Which I can relate to, given some of the past fighters that I didn't really connect with

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I don't think he's disproving it, he's just saying it'd be more interesting to him if its someone he already knows. Which I can relate to, given some of the past fighters that I didn't really connect with
Exactly this, it would be more hype if it's someone I've been familiar with for a while.

Fig

The Altruist
The beauty about it is that it's all optional. Worst case scenario someone who doesn't care about the final character doesn't have to spend money on the product. If you ask me, it's silly to purchase something you know you aren't going to like or at least be interested in. Most people are going to care about a few characters if they do.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
He'd be hype not because I care about Kingdom Hearts, but cause I know people would lose their minds and I'd have fun laughing at them. But it could also mean Mickey/Goofy appearing in smash in some way and idk how to feel about that
there's definitely ways he could just represent his series w/o incorporating that stuff, but wouldn't that be a trip if they did show up

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
The beauty about it is that it's all optional. Worst case scenario someone who doesn't care about the final character doesn't have to spend money on the product. If you ask me, it's silly to purchase something you know you aren't going to like or at least be interested in. Most people are going to care about a few characters if they do.
I don't have any of the fighters passes, Steve is the only DLC character I have, I'm just talking more about the experience of seeing a new fighter revealed.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
there's definitely ways he could just represent his series w/o incorporating that stuff, but wouldn't that be a trip if they did show up
yeah, I wasn't picturing them as more than possibly a final smash/in the stage like with Xenoblade, but it would still feel weird to see them. Not bad per se, but definitely weird

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
In any case I'l just be happy for whatever they add, lol.
They really didn't have to go this hard for Smash and yet they did and I'm sure they probably gave their near best to make it a pleasant and memorable experience for all sorts of people from different generations and communities.

Of course I'd love for them to end with a bang but they could add a Goomba for what's worth it and I'll still be fine with it after all the hard work they put in already, lmao. Thanks Sakurai.

"looks like the type to be added to Smash :dry:" came across as quite disproving to me though. Specially the emote, lol.

Exactly this, it would be more hype if it's someone I've been familiar with for a while.
Isn't it hyper if it's someone the community as a whole gets excited over? The leaked character had been on tops of American/Japan/Europe requested character polls for quite a few years.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
the thing is the fighters pass was made available way early on and sakurai was like "bro trust me", you'd either have to be a big smash fan to buy the pass or you're taking a gamble

Fig

The Altruist
I don't have any of the fighters passes, Steve is the only DLC character I have, I'm just talking more about the experience of seeing a new fighter revealed.
It is what it is. That's just life in general. Not everyone is going to be excited, but that's why I advocate branching out and experiencing other franchises whenever you can. If a person plays more franchises, the likelihood of being excited corresponds with the exposure said person has in this scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom