• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well I just found out something interesting. A mall I was in recently has been temporarily closed due to an outbreak of legionnaires disease. Anybody who was there in the past week or so is potentially in danger, which unfortunately includes myself. Several people are already infected. Well this is certainly not what I was wanting to hear. Might just have to go get tested to be on the safe side.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Well I just found out something interesting. A mall I was in recently has been temporarily closed due to an outbreak of legionnaires disease. Anybody who was there in the past week or so is potentially in danger, which unfortunately includes myself. Several people are already infected. Well this is certainly not what I was wanting to hear. Might just have to go get tested to be on the safe side.

that one is only (usually) transmitted by fresh water, so hot tubs, water heaters and large AC cooling towers. so you may be alright.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
More accurately warm standing water such as in taps if they aren't run for awhile. So basically any water source in a mall.
do you remember drinking from water fountains or going to a restaurant? if so definitely get checked. if not, it can't hurt. luckily, the symptoms are very uncomfortable but usually not dangerous.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
3 of my friends from Australia arrived in Japan to visit me and we are traveling together for two weeks.

We’re in Osaka at the moment and had a great time at Universal Studios today. Off to Nara Deer Park tomorrow.

Due to last weeks typhoon our flight back to Tokyo tomorrow got cancelled as the airport is still being fixed so we have to stay here an extra night. The hotel staff (4 star hotel) only made us pay about $30 per person for the extra night and gave us each a free breakfast ticket for the 51st floor buffet worth $25 per person. People here are always so friendly and accommodating! Also the view from our floor of Osaka is amazing. Plus we will get some more time to explore Osaka area so a cancelled flight turned out not to be so bad :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom