• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dan

So after a few hot days we'll get a huge temp drop. Always nice....
It's the work of these guys I'm telling ya!

tumblr_mi8fozw7Ze1rdzxebo4_500.gif

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
ARE YOU ****TING DOWN MY LEG MY CLASSMATES SENT ME THE VIDEO CLIPS I WAS SUPPOSED TO EDIT BY THIS AFTERNOON AT TWO GOD ****ING DAMN AM TODAY WHAT THE **** I NEEDED THESE ALMOST A WEEK AGO HOW THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO EDIT THIS **** WHEN I HAVE TO GO TO WORK IN LESS THAN AN HOUR THAT IS A MULTI HOUR TASK YOU MOTHER****ER
A similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago, but a slightly different scenario. The person who agreed to edit a video project was supposed to do it over the weekend, but didn't because he had gigs. Which is fine, I understand it's a job, but he could've at least told us beforehand rather than let us know Monday night that he couldn't do it when it was already supposed to be done by then. The project was due Wednesday morning, I ended up just saying **** it and skipped all my classes that Tuesday to finish the damn thing all because some of my group members were incompetent. Then he had the audacity to give me a 17/20 in the peer review when I clearly did the most work and never missed group meetings, like I get it's only one mark down but that's the only thing that stopped me from acing that class so I'm a little salty.

Don't you just ****ing love group projects.

Dan

@Soul but I want them in the next Smash Bros! :(

A similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago, but a slightly different scenario. The person who agreed to edit a video project was supposed to do it over the weekend, but didn't because he had gigs. Which is fine, I understand it's a job, but he could've at least told us beforehand rather than let us know Monday night that he couldn't do it when it was already supposed to be done by then. The project was due Wednesday morning, I ended up just saying **** it and skipped all my classes that Tuesday to finish the damn thing all because some of my group members were incompetent. Then he had the audacity to give me a 17/20 in the peer review when I clearly did the most work and never missed group meetings, like I get it's only one mark down but that's the only thing that stopped me from acing that class so I'm a little salty.

I know what you mean man I'm in this podcast group and we're going to be talking about relevant events going on in the community. Unfortunately however two of the group members are taking so long getting their segment ready that the relevant events are not so... oh erm... wait oh... er...
*runs off screaming*

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Oh yes, especially when there's that one guy who barely does anything, and the group is graded as a whole. :dry:
I remember in 12th grade we had to read a book, and then the groups would make a movie poster for the book they read, write a summary, and draw a storyboard, as well as choose actors who we would want in our movie. We had one guy who was suppose to write the summary, but he hardly ever read the book. If I remember correctly that was ~25% of the grade we were loosing. I could tell he didn't really care, so the rest of the group came up with the summary, and we did pretty good in the end fortunately, but that guy :mad::mad::mad:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Finally on the mid-semester break. Although, I am still having to go in to work on group assignments but at least I've taken this week of work too so I am not dying for a bit.

I received an email today from University letting me know that they've shortlisted me for a short term experience that I applied for in China (Beijing and Hong Kong) this July, so that's exciting. They apparently shortlisted 4 students from my University and we will have interviews with the hosting telecommunications company soon, who will then select the final 2 students. The flights, meals, hotel, visa, and transfers are all paid for by the company along with a return flight to Melbourne beforehand to meet the students from other Universities that will be joining too. After leaving the country for the first time already this year for Japan, this will just make things even better for me if I can just pull off the interview well. 1/2 is fairly good odds I reckon.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Arrived safely at my mom's house. I certainly wasn't hoping to go out of town again immediately after getting home from a long semester, but it's for good reason. I'm gonna visit my grandma in her hospice bed tomorrow since I very likely won't get another chance to see her. It's upsetting but there's nothing else they can do for her at this point. I'm really looking forward to seeing her one last time, as hard as it is to accept that it truly is the last time.

I'm also gonna visit my newborn twin niece and nephew for the first time before I go back home, so I'll be ending my trip on a happy note. And I get to see my oldest sister on her birthday for the first time in ages and I can also have a good time with her daughter who recently turned 18 months, so that should be fun!

Arrived safely at my mom's house. I certainly wasn't hoping to go out of town again immediately after getting home from a long semester, but it's for good reason. I'm gonna visit my grandma in her hospice bed tomorrow since I very likely won't get another chance to see her. It's upsetting but there's nothing else they can do for her at this point. I'm really looking forward to seeing her one last time, as hard as it is to accept that it truly is the last time.

It's sad, yes, and nothing can be done to change that. But I really like your approach - making the best out of a ****ty situation, and salute you for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom