• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The World of the Ocean King?

In Phantom Hourglass, we learn that Link, Tetra, and Linebeck were sent to another world.

But this makes no sense.
Linebeck seems to be well known at the milk bar on Mercay Island.
Not only that, but what about Jolene?
Linebeck has a history with her.
Was Jolene sent to the Ocean Kings world too.

My question is how do we make sense of this?

it was the ghost ship, maybe it distorts time and space, or its like an alternate world, parrallel, no one knows that there in a different dimmension!!!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
In Phantom Hourglass, we learn that Link, Tetra, and Linebeck were sent to another world.

But this makes no sense.
Linebeck seems to be well known at the milk bar on Mercay Island.
Not only that, but what about Jolene?
Linebeck has a history with her.
Was Jolene sent to the Ocean Kings world too.

My question is how do we make sense of this?

Well we both know that link and tetra were sent to the ocean knig ocean but maybe just maybe during the battle with the ghost ship and the final stage of bellum they slipped into a realm where the gods themselves reside and the ocean king sent them back to the mortal realm where they naturally reside. and also the ocean king ocean may just be a different area of the world like with koholint island and hyrule from la and alttp.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
No one has answered the question yet. I think Linebeck entered the world of the Ocean King the same as Link and Tetra, just perhaps slightly before. We see from the end of the game that time acts differently in these two realms, we see this because Link and Tetra are said to have only gone for 10 minutes when it seems more like a week in the ocean kind world. So say Linebeck went looking for the Ghost Ship in an attempt to get it's treasure, and he two was sucked into the world of the Ocean King. However, say he went like a week before Link and Tetra. This could be YEARS in the world of the Ocean King and would certainly give him enough time to build up a reputation for himself.

Think of it like this, cowardly Linebeck arrives and sees the chance to appear brave, so he tells everyone in the world of the Ocean King of all the feats he did back home. No one would know whether or not he was lying as they had never seen him before. Also, this would explain why Oshus was so sceptical of Linebeck, he knew where he had come from and such and therefore knew that he was infact a coward, but with bravery buried deep down.

G

Golden Yoshi

The ending of Phantom Hourglass confuses me. Why did Nintendo even make them teleport into another world? It feels so stupid.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
The ending of Phantom Hourglass confuses me. Why did Nintendo even make them teleport into another world? It feels so stupid.
To pay homage to Link's Awakening. A little treat for Zelda veterans, most likely.

Anyway, we know that Mercay Island is an island in the world of the Ocean King. Yes, Linebeck has built a reputation for himself (albeit not a positive one) on the island. And yes, he and Jolene show prior knowledge of each other- even relationship-wise.

It seems to me that both Jolene and Linebeck are actually from that world, and not the same world that Link and Tetra are from. So why do we see him in Link and Tetra's world at the end of the game? I believe that we are not supposed to know the answer. I think that the creators wanted to keep us wondering, just like they did at the end of Link's Awakening. At the end of that game, it seems that Marin's wish came true, but it's not known for sure even after all these years. Similarly, we see an inhabitant from a different world (Linebeck) in the known world (Link and Tetra's) at the end of PH.

I don't believe that we'll be seeing a real answer to this mystery anytime soon. I think that the only way we will get a direct, to-the-point answer is if a fan (or webmaster) ends up being able to ask the creators themselves.

But hey.... a little mystery is a good thing. While the world of Zelda is a big, complicated mess, we have answered many questions over the years. It's neat that some things are left unknown, though it can be a bit frustrating. ;p

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I agree with Zeruda. Who says that Linebeck wasn't already in the seas of the Ocean king. Also, how exactly do we know that the Seas of the Ocean King a re a different world? I think that in the beginning, one of the pirates says that these waters are said to be protected by the Ocean King. It seems to me that it is just another area of the same ocean.

It is possible that Link and Tetra woke up from what seemed to be a dream because the ocean king sent them back in time to the ship after they saved his world. After all, we know he has the power to grant any wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom