• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Wanderers

arkvoodle

Diabolical
:O Wow! That was great! Heh. Ark Mantrios "The Great Demon" *smiles smugly* Heh heh heh...

Great work Din! I can't wait to read the rest of the story!

Din Akera

Sniper
:O Wow! That was great! Heh. Ark Mantrios "The Great Demon" *smiles smugly* Heh heh heh...

Great work Din! I can't wait to read the rest of the story!

lol! Yes, and you are on your way to free your trusty friend Hazel, another great demon. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it friend! lol.

And now I will leave you all with the shock of the middle of this chapter, without the rest of it, because it isn't done yet! lol, enjoy.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Chapter 4 – “Teammates”

Rad and Din had made it back to Hyrule field just after dark that day. Avail had seen them off with a word of caution and all the supplies she could give them. The two fighters had collected their horses and picked their way back across the path in exceptionally good time. They stopped in the same spot where they had rested on the way to the desert. Rad sat propped up against a large rock as Din tied their mounts for the night. When she had finished she walked over and sat down beside him.

“So, if I were Ark, I would go and release the demon held in the forest first,” Rad began, “it’s closest and the easiest to get to.”

Din nodded. “I know very little about the demons. All I know was that the hero of time chose to imprison them rather than kill them to make a point of eternal damnation. But other than that…”

“I know quite a bit about all of them.” Rad stated. He had been present in Hyrule when the hero had imprisoned each of them in their supposedly unbreakable cells. The Dragir had lived through many different historical events, but this one was one of the most remembered for him. He had decided to leave the side he had been fighting for and find something better to do with himself. “They are all made from dark magic and therefore cannot be banished to the sealed dark realm. They can be killed though. It won’t be easy by any terms, but it is possible.”

“Are they human in form?” Din asked him.

“The true form of each of them is human-like. But they each have a beast form.”

Din nodded. She was not overly interested in all the details at this point. They had to travel all the way to Faron province in the south. They would have lots of time to discuss what was to come. The two were silent for a long moment, then Din smirked.

“She likes you, you know. You should be very proud of yourself.”

Rad looked at her, confused. “Who?”

“Avail.” Din looked over at him and smiled. “Not only that, she asked for your help. That is probably first time in Gerudo history that a Gerudo leader asked for the help of a man. Well, I guess it would be the second.” She giggled a little.

Rad smiled. “Well I’m glad she likes me.” Rad thought about how to approach the question that had been on his mind since he met Din’s mother. “Din, I know you call her mother, but you aren’t Gerudo…”

Din looked at him, “So, what am I?” She finished his question for him. He looked back at her a waited.
She turned her head and stared into the desert. “You, me, and all the Gerudo’s wonder the same thing. The truth is, Rad, I don’t know what I am or where I came from.” She looked back at him and took a deep breath. “My earliest memory was from when I was about ten. I woke up in a cell in Gerudo fortress. I was alone, cold and hungry. I was so angry that I was locked in, that I thrashed on the bars and grabbed hold of the lock. When I did, it melted in my hands. Avail saw what I could do and she took me in. I was trained as if I was a Gerudo warrior and I learned to use fire and heat to my advantage. The desert and the Gerudo became my home. Avail tells me that I had wandered into the desert from the mountains, but the truth is…” hurt was mounting in her voice, “I have no idea who my family is, or why I was left alone…I was just ten, and was left with nothing…no one…”

As she tried to regain control she pulled her knees up to her chest and placed her forehead on the butt of her hands. Rad reached over and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. He could feel small shakes come from her body.

“Din…” He slid his hand across her neck to her other shoulder and pulled her close to him. She let her head fall and land on his collarbone. They stayed like that for quite some time. He hugged her gently until she fell asleep.

Rad felt sick as he thought about her story. Now he knew why he thought he knew her, because he did. He had met her before…long ago, when he was not fighting for the right side of the battle.

Morning broke and the two were off on their way to the Faron province with good time. They would surely make it there by nightfall, their horses keeping steady pace. The two rode in silence for quite awhile. Rad was trying to focus on what was to come but he couldn’t stop think about what he knew of the past. He looked over at the woman on the other horse frequently, trying to decide the best course of action. Din was mentally in and out of focus. Mostly, she was daydreaming about the last time she had been to Faron performing. And the thoughts of a young girl came to her mind. She burst out in a single giggle, which she controlled and stopped quickly.

Rad looked over at her in response to the sound, “What is it?”

Din looked over at him as they entered the first of the trees at the province boundary. “I was thinking about the last time I was here. Someone that I met.”

Rad’s heart turned and he had a feeling that he had not felt in a long time, “oh…who?”

They got deeper into the forest and the canopy blocked out most of the light. The trees became thicker and the underbrush began brushing higher on the horses legs.

Din looked at him and rolled her eyes, “I’m sure you will see. I would think there would be no way for me to show up here without running into--” Din’s sentence was cut off as a vine swooped down from the trees and seemed to grab at Din. She dodged it and jumped off the horse. Just then a figure swung through the trees and disappeared again. A short smirk jumped from Din’s lungs. She ran forward into somewhat of an open space between the trees. Looking up and between the trunks Din could see nothing. “Awe, come on out!” She called into the forest. Rad was still and surveyed the area, also seeing and hearing nothing. A moment of complete stillness pasted and Din sighed. “Alright, well we can do this the hard way.” Din held up her hand after calling into the forest and a small ball of fire appeared floating an inch above her skin. Din turned her palm and moved to place the flames against one of the tree trunks. Just before she touched, a swirl of movement in the treetops produced a figure jumping down on top of Din. A confident noise came from inside Din’s throat. The flames went out and Din reached up and caught the figure upon impact. She threw her weight sideways and Din and the other person fell to the ground. Din rolled quickly and pinned the intruder to the ground holding her face only inches away from the others.

Hazel

A Frog
Thangs you.
So I'm a great demon, eh?
*Straightens and looks around her. Nobody's there except brother; but he doesn't count*
YESSSSS! I AM A GREAT DEMON!!!! MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
*Brother looks at her strangely and exits the room.*

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I read it, Din. Good job, a few mistakes that I will point out for you to correct, but otherwise, great job. Lol@Rad when he says "Oh...Who?"
I feel like he's beginning to feel something deep for this Din of yours.

Anyway, here are the mistakes: The red word is what you forgot to add.

Rad was trying to focus on what was to come but he couldn’t stop to think about

Rad was still and surveyed the area--I think it would look better if you wrote: Rad stood still and surveyed the area.

Anyway, just that, like I said, good job, you are getting better.

Din Akera

Sniper
I overlapped on paragraph so the flow wouldn't be as broken.

Din looked at him and rolled her eyes, “I’m sure you will see. I would think there would be no way for me to show up here without running into--” Din’s sentence was cut off as a vine swooped down from the trees and seemed to grab at Din. She dodged it and jumped off the horse. Just then a figure swung through the trees and disappeared again. A short smirk jumped from Din’s lungs. She ran forward into somewhat of an open space between the trees. Looking up and between the trunks Din could see nothing. “Awe, come on out!” She called into the forest. Rad stood still and surveyed the area, also seeing and hearing nothing. A moment of complete stillness pasted and Din sighed. “Alright, well we can do this the hard way.” Din held up her hand after calling into the forest and a small ball of fire appeared floating an inch above her skin. Din turned her palm and moved to place the flames against one of the tree trunks. Just before she touched, a swirl of movement in the treetops produced a figure jumping down on top of Din. A confident noise came from inside Din’s throat. The flames went out and Din reached up and caught the figure upon impact. She threw her weight sideways and Din and the other person fell to the ground. Din rolled quickly and pinned the intruder to the ground holding her face only inches away from the others.

“Ha! I win that one!” Din smiled down at her victim and laughed.

Rad was slightly shocked. He had drawn his sword when he saw the figure land on top of Din, but Din did not seem uneasy. In fact she seemed almost happy. Rad looked down to the person Din had caught. She was a young girl, who seemed about Din’s age maybe only one or two years younger. Din rocked back onto her feet and stood. She leaned down and offered a hand to the girl on the ground. The girl laughed and took it. As she stood Rad could see more of her. She wore a green dress that hung to her knees. The dress matched the color of her brilliant emerald eyes. Her hair was as long as Din’s but dark drown waving down her back.

“Maybe you won that one, but I’m still way ahead of you in points!” The girl’s voice was sweet and almost childlike.
Din laughed and looked to Rad who was dismounting from his horse. The girl also turned and looked at Rad. She looked him up and down and then glanced sideways at Din.

Din ignored this and spoke, “Rad, this is Kate. Kate this is Rad.”

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Kate.” Rad offered his hand and the girl took it. Her hand was very small in comparison to Rad’s. The girl’s small hand matched the rest of her petite body.

“It is nice to meet you to, Rad.” Kate let go of his hand and looked pointedly at Din, then back at Rad.

“Rad and I met in Hyrule Castle Market and have become good friends.” Din answered Kate’s silent question.

“Mm hm. …” Kate did not seem satisfied with that answer and she gave Rad and Din both a playful smile. “Well, um, welcome to the forest Rad.”

“Thank-you, Kate.” Rad sheathed his sword and gave her a sheepish smile in return.

Din Looked at Kate and her expression became serious. “I’m sorry Kate, but I come with news that is not so great.” Kate’s expression dropped and she turned to face Din, her eyes questioning. Din continued, “Gerudo fortress was attacked…by Ark Mantrios. Yes, he somehow escaped his prison and tore through everything as fast as he could. Mother and the others are fine, but the fortress and Arbiter’s Grounds are in ruin. And unfortunately that isn’t the worse of the bad news. He plans to free the other three.”

Kate’s look of shock and horror stopped Din’s details. Din knew that Kate understood the depth of this problem. And her words confirmed this, “Din, we have to stop him, and them, all of them! Hyrule will be in ruin if all four roam freely.”

Din looked at Rad but spoke to Kate, “Yes, we are here to try and stop it. Kate, you need to take us to the deep forest. To Hazel Nightingale’s chamber.”

Kate raised one eyebrow. “And do you have a plan miss Din? Hazel is a force to be reckoned with. All the races of the forest have worked together over the years to continue to strengthen her holding cell. She keeps getting stronger and trying to get free.”

Rad looked at Kate, he hadn’t known that. “The Ordonians, Kokiri, and Deku have worked to reinforce her chambers?”

Kate turned to him and nodded. “Unfortunately the walls aren’t thick enough to stop her communication with her pack so we have been making them thicker over the past hundred years and trying different magic spells to stop her.”

“Wait what?” Din confused voice jumped into the exchange, “Communication with who? I really don’t know much about any of the demons except their names.”

Rad looked at Din. “Remember how I said they all have a human and a beast from. Hazel is a werewolf and she leads a wolf pack. Her trade is and assassin and so she will use any means necessary to do her job, including her pack.”

Both of Din’s eyebrows shot up. “Wow, okay…good to know.”

As Din finished her sentence a cold chill blew through the trees and threw the girls hair around. Kate folded one arm over the other to get it way from the cold air. Din looked to where it was coming from and could see something in the trees. She squinted trying to decide what it was between the thick bushes and tree trunks. Taking three steps toward the area she leaned in. It looked like mist, but it was dark. Rad and Kate watched her with curious eyes. Rad looked past her and finally saw was she was looking at.

“Din! Get down!” Rad grabbed Din’s arm and Kate’s hand and pulled them to the ground with him. From the dark mist came three very large black, sparkling arrows. The arrows just skimmed the tops of their heads as the fell to the forest floor.

“Whoa!” Kate’s surprise was quickly replaced by anger, “What was that!”

Din looked back up to where she had been looking as saw the dark mist was moving closer at an alarming speed. “Rad. Rad!” She grabbed his arm and the three rolled out of the way toward the spooked horses. As the dark cloud advanced faster and faster through the trees. I did not slow as if came upon the space they had been standing in. The three looked up as it cleared the thick brush into the small cleared area and they saw him. There was a man inside the cloud. He was quite tall and wearing black and silver armor. His hair was a silver grey and his eyes glowed ruby red. Ark Mantrios flew passed them without a second thought.

The girls lay there for a minute, stunned. Rad cursed into the ground and began to get up. Din looked up at Rad. “Why didn’t he attack us?”
Rad’s scowl was coupled with an angered tone. “He is just clearing a path; a direct one to Hazel’s chambers. He doesn’t know our intentions. We were just in the way of his path.” Rad was now on his feet and gathering the horses. “We had better hurry.”

Din and Kate jumped to their feet and mounted together on Din’s horse. “Let’s go!”

Kate pointed them in the direction of the chambers and slowed them once they were close. Rad put a finger to his lips to signal them to silence. They dismounted and tied their horses to a tree. On foot the three crept silently through the trees towards the chambers. Kate stopped them and pointed through the leaves to a large stone structure in the center of a clearing in the trees. Torches burnt around the edges of the tree line, the grass had been cut low, and the sun shone brightly into the area. The structure was built in the shape of a triangle with four sides coming to a point at the top. It had a large door on the front with the crest of the Sheikah carved in as a seal.

Kate leaned really close to Din’s ear and whispered, “The crest isn’t glowing…the magic barrier has been brought down.” Din eyed the stone chamber warily. Ark must have beaten them here. The three crouched in the trees hiding from view.

A loud bang shook the ground and the stone structure seemed to shake. The crash came again and a large crack split down the center of the crested door. Din, Kate and Rad tensed, all of them putting their hands to their weapons. The door shook violently. Then with one final bang the stone split and burst open. Hunks of rubble flying outward into the clearing leaving a gapping hole in Hazel’s chamber. The sun licked in through the opening and two silhouettes were visible in the doorway.

(Chapter continues)

Hazel

A Frog
Probable Hazel, Viper.

Wow, nice story, Din. Like it very much. I'm gonna keep reading it, so don't you dare abandon it!
Anyway, it's nicely written. There are a few typos and grammar mistakes, but all in all it's absolutely fine.

Good job and continue like that!

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Oh wow! That's so cool, with out meaning to (or maybe you did mean to), you have sort of included me, I will PM you and explain! :xd:

Din Akera

Sniper
I"m so delighted that you you guys like it! No i won't abandon it. I'm having to much fun with it.
And Yes, it is Hazel and Ark. Sorry I thought that was well explained enough. maybe I will touch that up. Was it clear?

And Please let me know where those mistakes are. that way I can fix them. :)

Unfortunately you are getting the PG version. I have have been editing and censoring myself to keep it PG. I'm am usually an R rated writer....

Din Akera

Sniper
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Bravo! Bravo I say! That's an incredible story you have there. However, I'm saddened that I was unable to sign up for the fic. But it's pretty sweet anyways.

There was no sign up really. After RPing with everyone for awhile I started having this fic being created in my head. I didn't actually ask for sign-ups. But If you would like to appear MK9 let me know I'm sure I can work you in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom