• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The unofficial being open thread?

Dan

So I just got back from the offices of officialness and unfortunately they rejected my thread idea so I'm sad to say that the thread you have just entered is unofficial, I'm really sorry as I know how many of you like posting in threads that are official. I just don't have the money to spend on licensing plus the official office complained about the constant shoehorning of sunny d girl hatred, my grandfather, bicuriousness, and north England hatred which puts the thread insurance sky high because people get upset apparently.

So today's topic is a discussion on openness which is something I've throughout my entire life been absolutely terrible at. I cannot be open about my self to people very well and find it very difficult to do so. Naturally this causes issues with some people. I'm bicurious how open about ones self should be? And how open you the forum dweller are.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I'm extremely open about myself. What you see is what you get. Some people absolutely hate this about me. Some think I ought to just conform to what others want of me. And I never do. I never hide what I think, from anyone, and nothing holds it back. Some people respect and admire that. They know I can be a voice of reason when others are too afraid to do so. Which makes me enemies too because some people don't like being told that they're not special snowflakes that can do whatever they want to whoever they want.

Pen

The game is on!
I think I am generally quite "unopen", but I am actively trying to be more open, especially towards the people closest to me. I think I'm doing a pretty good job at it even though I'm probably much more closed by nature.

I hardly ever open myself up to other people. I guess some of it is my nature but I do it a lot intentionally too. I just find it easier dealing with people that way.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm a lot more open online than I am IRL. I'm not too sure why though, I guess I just find it easier to tell people things when I know I'm probably never actually going to see them rather than somebody I see often because then they can hold it on me.

Dan

I'm terrible at being open with people and I believe for some people it may be for the best if you aren't so open. I think we can all agree that some people have personalities that the people around us will accept and enjoy. Where's some of us may have eccentric and odd behavior that will turn people off or attract hostile attention for what ever reason.

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
Well.

In regards to differences online and IRL, I'm more vulgar out loud lol, but minus that, how I come across in a post is basically the same as me IRL.

That said, how -open- I am IRL and online are about the same--I'm generally a pretty friendly lady, but that's not the same as being open. In order for me to be more expressive about more personal matters, that takes time for me to build trust. Once someone has my trust, my loyalty is unbending and fierce, but it takes a fair bit of work to get to that point. So while my overall demeanour online and IRL is about the same, the level of openness varies depending to whom I am speaking.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Well, I'm actually more "open" online since I feel like I express myself better in written form than spoken. I like to collect my thoughts before I speak. That said, I'm really not that outgoing. I'm pretty anti-social as far as real life. I have friends, but I don't need them. I mean, they're nice, but I can go without, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm very open online, but not crazy open in person. Probably just easier to be open with people you don't have to see, I suppose.

I have to be open, otherwise i wont be comfortable. and when people get to know me they usually have opposing opinions so its bst for me to get it all out as fast as i can to not waste my time on closed minded tools.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm pretty open to people. Though on more personal things I have to get the right vibe from someone or like them enough to share the more private stuff in my life.

fairyfountain

bros before poes
I'm only open to those that I deem trustworthy and feel comfortable enough with. I've actually had people tell me I seem too cold and distant and I should try to be more outgoing and less reserved but this is just the way I've always been ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom