• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Spirit Tracks

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Chapter V (PG)

I was now face to face with Princess Zelda for the first time. She was absolutely beautiful. She looked about my age, she seemed to be about five-foot-nine, and she had brilliant long, flowing blonde hair and gorgeous baby blue eyes. She had the looks of a Goddess and a body to match. She wore a pink dress adorned with symbols representing the royal family, white gloves that extended up to her elbows, and a golden beaded necklace dangled from her neck. She wore silver earings that symbolized the long ears of the hylians; two on each ear.

Our eyes met for what seemed like an eternity as she stood before me. She smiled at me sweetly as I looked up at her in infatuation. Suddenly, from our left, I heard Chancellor Cole's screechy voice shriek, "HEY!!! How dare you raise your head without permission, you ill-mannered wretch!!!"

Zelda shot him a look that said, "Keep quiet and don't be so rude." The Chancellor let out a disgruntled sound of frustration as he reluctantly quieted down.

"I'm sorry about that.", Zelda said in an angel-like voice. "You'll have to forgive the Chancellor. He's been on edge ever since the Spirit Tracks started vanishing."

I just nodded silently in understanding. She beckoned me sto stand up, and as I did, an older man with thick glasses, gray hair tied back in a ponytail, and a moustache that almost completely masked his mouth walked over. He was wearing a white suit and a black bow-tie, white pants, and black boots. He was holding a piece of paper in his outstreched hands.

"Thank you, Teacher.", Zelda said kindly as the man handed her the paper. It was then that I noticed that this paper was my engineer's certificate. Teacher then backed away respectfully. Zelda turned to me and asked, "Now then, what is your name?"

"It's Link.", I answered, still infatuated with her.

"Link... What a nice name!", she said happily. It made me blush a little.

"All right, Link.", she began. "As Princess of Hyrule, I now award you the Engineer's Certificate! Officially, you are now an engineer for the country. Work hard, Link, for we all depend upon you." And with that she handed me the certificate.

I accepted it gratefully, and said, "Thank you."

Before anyone else could even blink, Chancellor Cole practically shouted, "Finally!! Now we can get back to important business... Like finding out what's happening to the Spirit Tracks!!!"

The soldiers each opened the doors they were guarding and held them open. As I lowered my hand that held the certificate, I noticed that there was something else with it. A letter. Written on the envelope was, "Don't say a word now. Read this later. And beware of the Chancellor!"

Zelda said, "Thank you for coming, Link. Good luck.", and with that she followed Teacher throught the door to the right, the same one they entered through. The guard closed the door behind them. Chancellor Cole headed for the door to the left. But he stopped upon reaching it, and turned to me.

"The ceremony's over now, so you best move along. Why don't you go... polish your train or something.", he said rudely. But what he said next made me very uneasy.

"Not that it matters, anyway. It'll be useless soon enough..."​

Then he turned and exited the room, laughing wickedly. The door closed behind him. Aside from the two guards, I was alone. I looked down at the letter and read the words, "Beware of the Chancellor" again. Now it was all starting to make sense. I turned and walked out of the throne room. The guard who had been stationed outside was gone. No one was around. I decided that now was a good time to have a look at the letter. Standing at the foot of the steps, I folded up the certificate and put it in my left pocket. Now that my hands were free, I tore open the envelope and unfolded the letter. It read,

"I need your help. On the back of this letter is a map of the castle marked with a route that will lead you to my chambers. I cannot explain everything in this letter. So please hurry to my quarters. And make sure no one sees you!

- Zelda"

She needed my help? I couldn't help but wonder what she could need. I thought that maybe it had something to do with the Spirit Tracks. I turned the letter over and, sure enough, there was a map of the castle on the back. There was a line that showed a specific route that led up to the room in the east tower. That must be Zelda's room. The line started in the throne room and led out to the main hall. The it made a sharp right and trailed through a doorway to another hall. It snaked it's way around a few corners and led up a flight of stairs that led to the roof on the right-hand side of the castle. The line made it's way acroos the roof a few yards to a lower part of the roof that had another doorway. The line led through this door and then around a few more corners and ended up behind the door in the back right corner of the throne room, where Zelda had gone. The line followed the hallway behind this door and up another flight of steps to another door. Behind that next door was Zelda's room.

I folded up the letter and put it back in the envelope. I then tucked it away in the same pocket I placed my certificate in. Then I followed the route. I went right and slipped through the doors and came out in another large hall. Although, this one was smaller that then main hall and the throne room. It still looked about the same as the rest though. I traveled south through this hall, following the route around a couple of corners, ducking past a few guards as I made my way to the stairs. I ascended the steps and came out on the roof. I looked up at the blue, cloudless sky. It seemed to be almost noon. I returned my gaze to the path ahead of me and followed the route along the edge of the roof. I reached the other side where the small lower part of the roof was. I dropped down and passed through the threshold. I was back inside again. I carefully sneaked my way around the corners through a deserted hallway and reached the other side of the door in the back right of the throne room. I then followed the hallway ahead and ascended the steps. I reached the top and delicately eased the door open. I closed it carefully behind me and took in the sight of Zelda's room.

The floor was completely covered with a crimson red carpet, and on the far side of the room was a large, wooden desk in front of a fireplace that was currently inactive. On top of the desk were a stack of papers and next to that, what looked like a guard's uniform sat neatly folded. On the left-hand side of the room was a bed certainly fit for a princess. Beside that, a bookself stood tall, it's shelves crammed with books about who knows what. The bed was dressed with comfortable-looking pink sheets and a few large, fluffy pillows. There was a window that overlooked the western area of the land beyond the bed. On the right-hand side was another window and another bookshelf next to it. In front of the window was a small, circular wooden table with a small, round, velvet cushion on it. And standing before the table was Zelda.

Her back was to me, and she was playing what I assumed was an ocarina. Each note that was emitted from the instrument was heavenly. She was very talented. I approached her and made my presence known.

"Umm... Zelda?", I said nervously.

She stopped playing the ocarina and turned to me. "Oh, Link! I'm so glad you could make it!!", she exclaimed. She seemed very happy to see me. She placed the ocarina, which was painted with a vibrant azure blue, on the cushion on the table next to her, and walked over to me. "Did anyone see you?", she asked.

"Nope.", I answered. This made her even happier.

"That's great!! Listen, this is very important. I need your help.", she said seriously.

"All right, what do you need?", I asked. I was willing to do anything for her.

"I have a theory about why the Spirit Tracks have begun disappearing, and it involves the Chancellor.", she explained. "I believe if I can get to the Tower of Spirits, the sage who's said to be living there can give me the answers I need. But, I can't let anyone know I'm leaving the castle. If the Chancellor found out, it would be very bad. He forbids me from leaving the castle, saying things like, "It's for you own safety", but I just have to get to the Tower! And that's where you come in, Link."

"Huh? Me?", I asked.

"Yes. You're an engineer, so you can take me to the tower! Won't you do it? Please?", she begged. She seemed very desperate. I had no intention of declining in the first place, but then again, how could I?

"It'd be my honor to help you, Princess.", I said.

"Oh, thank you!! And you can just call me Zelda.", she said cheerfully.

"All right. But if you don't want anyone to know you're leaving, then how are we gonna get out of here?", I asked.

"We sneak out. Although, with the security system, it'be be impossible to sneak out completely undetected. That's why we need these.", she said, pointing to the unifrom folded up on the desk. "That's a recruit's uniform. If you wear that, the guards won't think twice about you being here. You'll blend right in!"

"Oh, I see! Good idea.", I said.

"Now go ahead and change.", she told me.

I walked over to the desk and grabbed the uniform. I held it up before me and examined it. It was a collared, short-sleeved, forest green tunic with a black belt with a golden buckle, black, fingerless gloves with brown guantlets, and a forest green hat. The hat was quite long, and very strangely shaped. I shrugged and set the clothes down on the desk. As I began to remove my flame jackket, I stopped and turned around to face Zelda.

"Umm... aren't you gonna...?", I asked her.

"Hm? OH!! My gosh, I'm sorry!!", she fussed. Her face was red. "Sorry, Link. I'll turn around now..."

Zelda turned and faced the opposite direction. I then continued to lift my jacket over my head. I removed my arms from the sleeves and took it completely off. I placed my flame jacket on the desk next to the tunic. I now had nothing on but my black cargo pants with the silver chain on the left side attached to my belt, and my black-and-gray sneakers. I lifted the tunic up and put my head through, then put my arms through their respective sleeves. The waist of the tunic reached about four inches past my waistline. My silver chain was almost completely concealed. The sleeves of the tunic reached slightly past my elbows. I took the black belt with the golden buckle and wrapped it around my waist. I buckled it, securing my tunic in place. Then I fit my hands and forearms through the black, fingerless gloves with brown gauntlets attatched to them. I adjusted them a bit before procceding to put on my hat. I tucked my dark brown hair at the back of my head into the hat as I put it on. It sat on my head, covering from above my forehead behind my front bangs, to behind my ears. My side bangs were still free as well. The hat took up the rest of the back of my head and the length of the hat reached halfway down my back, coming to a point.

I adjusted the collar so it was folded down properly, fixed the belt so it was on more evenly, and and finally gave my hair and hat a quick fix. Then I turned to Zelda, who was still facing the other way.

"All right, I'm ready.", I said.

She turned around, looked at me, and said, "Ooh, they fit you perfectly! And they look good on you, too! Now there's no way you won't blend in!!"

"That's great! Now then, let's get going.", I said.

"Yes, we should hurry. The guards should be starting to make their rounds by now."

"Wait, what should I do with my jacket?", I asked.

"Oh, you can just leave it here, on my desk. We can come back for it later.", she told me.

"Oh, all right then.", I said understandingly.

With that, Zelda and I headed for the door. We were ready to sneak out of the castle.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Good chapter, definitely interesting. I'm guessing the Chancellor was a shady character in ST, too?

Yeah, that's almost the exact words he uses. Ocarina huh? Not Spirit Flute? Eh, it's a fan-fic so not everythins gonna be exactly from the game. . . It was a decent length and you went a little over-board with the details on the map, but it's well worth reading so far. Keep writing!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Chapter VI (PG-13)

Zelda and I slipped cautiously past her door and crept down the steps. We sneaked through the hallway and waited at the corner. There was a guard down the hall. We waited fro him to look away before we dashed to the other corner. We continued through the hall to the door to the roof, avoiding two other guards. We got out clean. I jumped down into the courtyard and beckoned for Zelda to do the same. She dropped down and I caught her. We then continued behind a hedge along the castle wall. We made it past a guard wo was stalking the path on the other side. We sprinted across the green grass behind another hedge before the next guard turned around.

We reached the end of the hedge to see a guard close by who wouldn't budge. I guestured for Zelda to wait there, and I walked out from behind the hedge.

"Hey there, recruit, stop wasting time! Shouldn't you be cutting the grass or something?", he said as I walked past him. As I did, he turned around to keep focused on me. In that instant, Zelda ran as fast as she could to get behind the next hedge.

"Sorry, sir.", I responded as I kept moving, keeping up with Zelda.

There was another guard who wouldn't budge up ahead, even if I spoke to him. He completely ignored me. We were almost out of the castle. If Zelda was going to get by without being spotted, this guard was going to have to avert his attention.

I noticed a jar in a corner behind him. I walked over to it and kicked it. It shattered instantly.

"What the-?!" The guard was startled by this noise, and he turned around.

As he walked over to me to chastise me for it, Zelda dashed over behind the hedge that curved with the front courtyard to the front gates. She waited there for me. Meanwhile, the guard was giving me hell.

"What were you thinking, rookie?!", he bellowed.

"I'm sorry, sir! It was an accident!!", I apologized.

"I don't give a flying crap if it was an accident!!! Just clean it up!!!", he shouted.

After he made me sweep up the remains of the jar and dispose of the shards, I rejoined Zelda and we finally made it out of the castle to the streets of Castle Town. We we worked our way through the back alleys to the station where Alfonzo and the train were waiting.

"Link, what on earth took you so long?!", Alfonzo asked in frustration. "You better not have kept me waiting just so you could change clothes-"

As soon as Alfonzo saw Zelda, he began to sing a different tune.

"P-P-Princess!!! What a suprise! May I ask what you're doing out of the castle?" Then he turned to me and said in a low voice, "Link what the hell did you do?! Why is the Princess with you?!"

"Alfonzo, hello!", she said politely. "Listen, we don't have a lot of time. I'll explain everything on the way, okay?"

"I'm driving.", I said.

"Wait, what? On the way where? Where are we going?", Alfonzo asked. He was utterly confused.

"The Tower of Spirits.", I told him.

"Why the hell are we going there?!", he asked me.

"I told you, I'll explain on the way!", Zelda said to him.

"Oh, my deepest apologies, Princess!", Alfonzo apologized.

"It's fine, really.", she assured him. "Now let's get going!"

"ALL ABOARD!!!", I yelled from the front of the train.

Alfonzo and Zelda boarded the train in the passenger car. I blew the whistle and put the train into motion. We left Castle Town at a steady pace, heading east. We followed the tracks to the Tower of Spirits. But when we made it halfway there, something completely unexpected happened.

We were chugging along, making headway, when all of a sudden, the Spirit Tracks vanished.​

"What the-?!", I gasped as I imediately pulled back on the lever to brake.

As the train skidded across the grass, I heard Zelda and Alfonzo cry out in suprise from the passenger car. The train drifted a few yards before finally coming to a rough stop. The recoil caused me to fall off. I landed sprawled out on my back. As I got back on my feet, Alfonzo and Zelda exited from the back of the train with worried expressions on their faces. Those expressions quickly turned into pure shock as they looked around to see that the Spirit Tracks were gone.

"Wha... What happened to the tracks?", Zelda said to herself in dismay.

Suddenly, Alfonzo shouted, "Your Higness, look at that!!!" He was pointing to the Tower of Spirits.

Each of us watched in simultanious disbelief as a large vortex of blood red aura formed above the tower. It spiraled down and around the entire tower, from top to bottom. All of a sudden, the Tower of Spirits shattered into five seperate parts. As the four parts from the top came crashing down, they suddenly froze in mid-air. An azure blue aura surrounded them, and drew them back into place. But the pieces didn't connect, they just hung there, suspended above each other, connected by a thread of azure blue aura. It seemed to be holding the tower together as best as it could.

"What... what's happening?", I said to myself. All of a sudden, a smaller vortex of blood red aura appeared about 20 feet ahead of us. It dispersed to reveal Chancellor Cole, who was with an unidentified man.

"Well, well, you're certainly causing us grief, Princess.", the Chancellor rasped.

"Cole!! What are you doing? Explain yourself!!", Zelda commanded.

"Hmph. Then again, all your meddiling did was force us to act faster, so I guess it's not that much of a big deal.", he said to himself, completely ignoring Zelda's command.

"I said, explain yourself, Chancellor!!", she shouted.

"Oh, shut up!!!", Cole screeched. Zelda was taken aback by this. "I'm done pretending to be "Chancellor". Honestly, who would've guessed it was just a fancy word for royal babysitter?!", he griped to himself. "Now, then. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Which do you prefer, Princess?", he asked with a twisted grin plastered all over his face.

"What?! What are you talking about, Cole?", she asked nervously.

"Oh, nothing much, "Your Highness"...", he said whimsically. "Just that we need... a little help from you... Or at least your body!!!!", he screamed. He laughed meniacally.

Zelda took a frightful expresion upon her face as she started to back away. Alfonzo snatched a sword from the passenger car and stood between Zelda and Cole.

"I don't know what's going on here, but there's one thing I do know...", he began. He drew his sword and aimed it at the Chancellor's throat and said, "I'll never let you touch a hair on her head!!!"

"Hmph. Melodrama pisses me off.", Cole said blankly. He then turned to the mysterious man with him and said, "Teach this fool a lesson, would you Byrne?"

Byrne stepped forward. He was about six-foot-three, had fierce black eyes, and had black hair tied back in a ponytail. His nose and mouth were masked by a silver cloth. He wore a black tunic, chainmail pants, and brown boots. His build was quite large; he looked like he could uproot a tree with his bare hands. And he wore a black gauntlet bearing fearsome claws on his left hand.

"Don't do this. You'll die.", he threatened.

"As if I could lose to you!!", Alfonzo shouted.

Alfonzo and Byrne walked in a complete circle, facing each other with their weapons at the ready. I stood back with Zelda. Cole was opposite us, on the other side of the two. He watched with passive interest.

Alfonzo made the first move. He leapt at Byrne, bringing his sword down through the air with impressive force. Byrne raised his gauntlet and blocked the strike. He then imediately kicked Alfonzo in the stomach, knocking him away. Alfonzo staggered and regained his composure just in time to block Byrne's next strike. Byrne pushed with the full weight of his body and forced Alfonzo back. Alfonzo rolled forward and ended up behind Byrne, who had tried to charge him. Alfonzo thrust his blade in a stabbing motion at Byrne's back. Byrne, however, parried this at the last second, knocking Alfonzo's sword from his hands. It landed near to Zelda and I. Before any of us could blink, Byrne impaled Alfonzo with his gauntlet. Alfonzo coughed up blood as Byrne tossed him over to the train.

"ALFONZO!!!", Zelda cried out in horror. Byrne stood triumphantly, and Cole laughed uncontrollably.

In that instant, I grabbed the sword and charged Byrne.

"Damn you!!!", I shouted as the blade clashed with the claws of Byrne's gauntlet in an array of sparks and steel.

"Another fool, eh?", Byrne said. "Very well. Prepare to-", he began. He suddenly stopped. His eyes grew wide with fear and he quickly jumped back. Each of us- Cole, Zelda, and me- were in utter shock.

"You... impossible!", he said, staring at me in fear. "You can't be?!"

I looked back at him in confusion. Did he mistake me for someone else?

"HEY!!! Byrne, what on earth are you doing?!", Cole freaked. Byrne ignored him.

"You look just like...", he started to say. "But... your not..." As he said those words, a wave of relief visibly washed over him.

"My mistake. It seems you're not that person after all.", he said. He readied his gauntlet for attack once again. "Now that I know you're not him, I don't have to worry.", he said confidently. "Come, boy!!!", he shouted.

I prepared myself for the first real life-or-death fight of my life.

Ganondork

goo
Hehe, he flipped out cause he thought you were the Hero of Spirits. That was rather funny actually. Good chapter.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Chapter VII (R)

Byrne lunged at me. I blocked with my sword. He easily knocked me back and off my feet. I landed on my back. Byrne was above me in a second. I quickly rolled to my left, out of the way. I made it just in time to avoid Byrne pinning me to the ground. I slashed and sliced and striked, but Bryne blocked all of my attacks with ease. It wasn't long before I realized I was in over my head. But I didn't give up. I had to protect Zelda.

Byrne thrust his gauntlet arm at me. He made contact with my sword. The force of the impact knocked me off my feet again, but this time I was able to maintain my composure and land on my feet. I wasn't going to give him a chance to pin me again. I charged him, and he guarded. But before I reached him, I jumped. I was in the air above him, and landed behind him before he realized it. I was able to cut him before he moved out of the way of my stab.

"Tch.", I heard Cole utter.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Cole attack Zelda with a sphere of blood red aura. Zelda cried out in terror and fell backwards as the orb of dark energy closed in on her.

"ZELDA!!!", I shouted.
Just before the orb made contact with Zelda, I shielded her with my body.​

I coughed up blood as the dark energy seared away at my flesh. It scorched my clothes and back. The pain was almost unbearable. Zelda looked up at me in shock, her eyes filling with tears.

"Link...", she breathed.

"Are... you all right? ...Zelda?", I asked.

She couldn't believe her ears. I could hardly believe it myself, either. I just took one hell of a hit, and I'm worried about her. I had never experienced this before. Complete disregard for my own safety for the sake of others... I never imagined I was capable of this.

"He took the hit himself?", Byrne stated in disbelief.

"Hmph. What a fool.", Cole said. "Byrne, finish him off, will you?", he said coldly.

Byrne was behind me in an instant.

"Link!! Watch out!!!", Zelda yelled.

Too late. I was still in shock from Cole's attack. I couldn't react in time. Byrne practically swatted me away. I was sent flying a few yards to our left. I hit the ground, hard.

"LINK!!!", Zelda screamed.

She looked over at Byrne in terror, and backed up as he approached her. Cole was behind them in the air. He was grinning devilishly as he fired another orb of blood red aura at Zelda. This one did hit her.

Zelda cried out in pain, then she fainted. A mystical light enveoloped her, and a small white sphere of light left her body. It then quickly flew off to Castle Town. Cole and Byrne ignored it.

"Now them, let's take her body and go.", Cole said.

Byrne picked up her body and carried it over his right shoulder and begain to walk away as Cole hovered along side him.

Just then, I lunged through the air, bringing down my blade.

"YOU BASTARDS!!!", I shouted in anger.

I aimed for Cole, but he dodged it and backed off. Byrne set Zelda's body down and attacked me. I was able to block it without getting pushed back. I was even more determined to win now. His gauntlet collided with my sword in a brilliant display of sparks.

"If you had any sense at all, you would've stayed down, boy.", Byrne said menacingly as he pushed with all his might.

I did not answer him. I was too focused on the fight. I kept pushing with every ounce of strength in my body.

At last, I was able to push Byrne back.

"Wha-?!", he gasped.

I slashed across his chest, cutting through his skin and clothes. Blood splashed from the wound as he staggered back. I did not hesitate to attack again. Byrne, however, was faster. He swung at me with all his might using his gauntlet. He made contact. The force of his strike broke my blade in half and cut deeply into my chest.

Blood gushed from my wound as I coughed up a lot more blood. I staggered briefly, and collapsed. I lay on my stomach as blood seeped from my body, dying the grass red. Byrne looked down at me silently for a few moments before he at last let out a great sigh, turned and walked over to Zelda's body to pick it back up.

As he did, Cole muttered, "You gotta be kidding me...".

Byrne turned back around to watch me struggle to stand up again. He and Cole watched in amazement as I used the broken sword I was still clutching as a crutch. I coughed up more blood as I lifted myself back up on my feet. I swayed a bit before regaining my composure. The whole time, blood continued to stream from my wounds as I breathed heavily. I stared at Byrne with eyes that showed no sign of surrender, only detrmination.

Byrne stared in shock for a few moments, then he finally sighed and said, "Whatever else you might be, you're one incredible guy." With that, he held up his gauntlet and aimed it at me.

His gauntlet, connected by a black chain, launched from his wrist and impaled me.​

It retracted back to his wrist, and as it did, blood spewed from my gut like a shower. I collapsed to the ground as my sight began to fade. My eyes began to grow cloudy as I could do nothing but watch as Byrne and Cole carried Zelda's body away.

All went black.

Ganondork

goo
Interesting fight. But I just want to point out that if you are impaled, you die, instantly. Good chapter nonetheless

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Interesting fight. But I just want to point out that if you are impaled, you die, instantly. Good chapter nonetheless

I use impalement in the sense that a sharp object like a sword pierces through the chest/gut area. I appreciate the constructive criticism, but I'm not changing it.

Awsome! So, may I post a vid from the game? Possibly the Ceramony?

Sure thing, be my guest. Just do it tastefully and not arbitrarily. ;)

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Eh, I guess i'm "OK"d to post a vid. (is it okay if I post a vid of what happens in the story?)

Here's Aboda Village

[video=youtube;6mkjzpKsZmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mkjzpKsZmw&feature=related[/video]

So, yeah, the game is much different than the story, but not by that much. . .

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Chapter VIII (PG)

The black nothingness all around me was replaced by white. I looked around. Nothing for the eye to see but a void of white space.

"Where am I?", I asked the empty space.

No response.

All was quiet. I felt uneasy as I continued to look around. Still nothing but white.

Was I dead?

I couldn't be sure. I began to walk. I thought that if I kept walking, I'd get somewhere.

"You won't get anywhere like that."​

I practically jumped out of my skin. Just when I was starting to get used to the silence, too. I turned around swiftly to see where this anonymous voice had come from. A few feet behind me stood a boy who looked suprisingly like me. We even sounded the same.

He was wearing the same clothes I wore when I first arrived here in Hayali. His hair was just about the same as mine, except it was a bit longer. He looked a few months older than me, too. Plus, he had golden eyes. My eyes are brown. That's when I noticed that he had long ears. He was hylian.

"Who are you?", I asked.

"You know who I am. You just don't know that it's me.", he said cryptically. "Think back over you're time in this world. You'll figure it out."

I didn't quite understand, and I wasn't sure if I could trust him. But I did as he suggested and thought back. I went over everything I've experienced since arriving in New Aboda Village. Never in those seven months did I meet someone like this guy. I went over my final exam. Nothing. My trip to the castle. Nothing. My run-in with Byrne and Cole. Nothing. I never met anyone like this person before.

I thought long and hard, until at last I realized something: I hadn't met this person before, I'd seen him. The stained glass widow mural in the throne room of the castle. This boy was the one holding the sword. I finally figured out who this person was.

He saw the expression on my face once I figured it out. He smiled and said, "That's right."

"You're...", I began.

"I'm Alphonse. The Hero of Spirits."

Chapter VIII (PG)

"But... But how?", I asked. I couldn't believe it. How was he here? Then again, I didn't even know where "here" was.

"I'm his spirit.", Alphonse told me.

That made sense. "What do you want?", I asked.

"Link...", he began. "You're my reincarnation."

'Huh?!", I exclaimed. "But... how's that possible? You're hylian, and I'm human... We're from two different worlds! How is it possible...?"

"Reincarnations aren't bound by things like that.", he explained. Alphonse went on to say, "You may have to take over as the Hero of Spirits, Link."

"...What?" I couldn't believe it. "...Me, a hero? ... How can someone like me be a hero... I couldn't protect anyone... Not Alfonzo, not Zelda..."

"You protected that little girl.", he said.

"What?!", I said in suprise. "That happened back in Realta... How did you know about that?", I asked.

"Like I said, you're my reincarnation.", Alphonse told me. "My escence is embodied within you. Therefore, I know everything about you."

"Really?", I said. "Well, then... Answer me this: what's the one thing I want more than anything else?"

Alphonse smiled warmly and said, "To be able to protect those you hold dear, without fail."

I was in utter disbelief. He was absolutely right.

"Satisfied?", he asked.

I simply nodded dumbly.

"Good. Now then...", he started. "It's about time I send you back. But before I do, let me leave you with a few words."

I nodded and listened closely as he spoke.

"We're a lot alike, you and I. We both fight for the same reasons: to protect the ones we love. I failed to protect someone I loved once. I want to make sure that never happens to you." He paused, and said, "When you go back, your wounds will be completely healed."

Alphonse held up his right hand and aimed it at me. An azure blue aura trickled from his palm and flowed gracefully around me. I looked around at the aura as it encased my body. Suddenly, I felt incredible. It was like an unimaginable power was welling up inside me, but not just any old power. This felt familiar somehow.

"I've given you some of my power.", Alphonse told me. "You now have some of the powers of the Spirits of Light. You can't tap into them just yet, but they will protect you. You'll be able to use them once you become officially recognized as the next Hero of Spirits."

I nodded in understanding. With that, the surroundings started to become blurred. It felt as though I was being pulled away. Alphonse's figure was receeding as it faded. Before everything had completely faded away, I saw him smile warmly as he said,

"We'll meet again, Link. Good luck..."

Everything became clear once again. I was staring up at a topaz-colored cieling. I felt comfortable. I felt around with my body to find that I was lying in a bed. I sat up. There was no pain. All my wounds really were healed. I looked around. The walls were topaz-colored as well. There was a window to my right. Outside was dark. It was night. Next to my bed was Alfonzo, who was sleeping in another bed.

"Well, looks like you've woken up, boy.", said a voice to my left. I looked to see the man Zelda called "Teacher" standing next to the bed. "It's all right. You're safe here."

I got out of bed and said my thanks. Teacher explained that some castle guards heard all the noise, but when they arrived, they found me and Alfonzo lying unconcious next to the train. We were wounded, so they brought us here to the castle's infirmary to heal. I explained what happened, but I left out everything pertaining to Zelda because I didn't want to cause a panic.

Wearing a hospital gown and my black cargo pants and sneakers, I left the infirmary and wandered around the castle, trying to find my way back to Zelda's room. My tunic was ruined, and I wanted to change back into my flame jacket. It was still on Zelda's desk. After a few minutes of wandering around, I found the hallway that led to her room. I walked up the stairs and opened the door quietly. I closed it delicately behind me and walked acroos the room to the desk. But I only got halfway across before I stopped in my tracks. Standing before the desk was... Zelda? Although, she looked a bit pale...

"Z...Zelda?!", I asked in shock.

She turned around. It was without a doubt Zelda.

"Link!!", she exclaimed. "You're okay!!!" She seemed releived to see me. But then she paused. A curious look overtook her face.

"Wait... You can see me, Link?!", she asked.

"Well, yeah... Why's that so strange?", I asked in wonder.

"Well...", she began. "...No one else can. Believe me, I tired talking to everyone. But no one seems to hear me or see me... I think that somehow, I'm... a ghost."

"A ghost? Then how come I...", I started. Then it hit me. The powers of the Spirits Alphonse gave me! They must be why I can see her.

"This isn't good...", she began as she paced back and forth, ignoring my previous statement. "Cole and that man Byrne took my body... But what are thery going to do with it?"

"Maybe that sage you mentioned can help us?", I suggested.

"Oh yeah!! Good thinking!!", she exclaimed. "I just hope the sage is all right... After all, the Tower of Spirits was destroyed."

"Only one way to find out.", I said as I marched to the desk. Zelda turned around as I flung off the hospital gown and pulled my jacket over my head. As I fit my arms through their respective sleeves, I said "Let's go to the tower." As I adjusted the hood and the waist so the jacket was on properly, I said "We'll get there for sure this time."

Zelda looked over at me. I could tell she admired my determination. She nodded at me and said, "Right. Let's go."

I nodded back, and off we went. Zelda floated in the air alongside me. She suddenly stopped before we reached the door, though.

"Oh wait!!", she said. She flew over to the azure blue ocarina resting on the velvet cushion on the small table at the back right of the room.

"What is it?", I asked as I walked over.

"This is the Ocarina of Spirits. It has been passed down in the royal line since the Great Queen Saria united this nation after the Hero of Spirits sealed the Demon King.", she explained. I couldn't help but to think of Alphonse upon the mention of the Hero of Spirits. "I think you should take it, Link. It may come in handy.", she continued.

"All right, why not?", I said as I took the ocarina. I placed it in my left cargo pocket along the side of my left leg. "All right, let's go."

And so, we left Zelda's room to find a way to get to the Tower of Spirits.

- - - - -​

(is it okay if I post a vid of what happens in the story?)

Yes. That's what I meant when I said to "do it tastefully and not arbitrarily".

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Mkay, I suppose I should catch up in the story. . .

[video=youtube;YAGJGHcOYXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAGJGHcOYXY&feature=related[/video]
^ The Ceremony

[video=youtube;fZHlLHO6L4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZHlLHO6L4Q&feature=related[/video]
^ Tower of Spirits breaks apart

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Chapter IX (PG)

I headed for the castle gates at a brisk pace, with Zelda's ghost following quickly behind me. I reached the main hall.

"Hold on a second, Link!"

I stopped and turned. It was Teacher.

"What is it?", I asked, walking over to him.

"It's terrible! It's absolutely terrible! The Princess has gone missing!!", he fussed.

I became nervous. I'd told him about Cole being the one causing the Spirit Tracks to disappear when I woke up, but I was still reluctant to tell him about Zelda.

"Teacher, I'm here!!", Zelda called out to him. No use. He couldn't see or hear her.

"Link, you are leaving, yes?", he asked. I nodded. "In that case...", he began, "In that case, please search for the Princess!! Please!!"

It wall all I could do to accept. Before I left the castle, Teacher entrusted me with a sword and shield. The blade gleamed a brilliant white, and was razor sharp. The guard was circular, and silver in color. The hilt was silver as well, and brandished with material made specifically to help mantain a good grip. The bottom of the hilt was embedded with an azure blue jemstone. The sword's blade was three and a half feet long, three inches wide, and the length of the entire sword, hilt and all, was four feet. Ihe weapon was incredibly light, and well-balanced too.

The sheath was all black, and the belt securing the sheath to my back along with my shield was all black as well, with a silver buckle. The shield was forged with reinforced flame-resistant metal. It was plated black, with a white outline. It was endowed with the symbol of the royal family- a noble eagle- in white. Above this eagle's beak was a golden triangle. The shield was suprisngly light, but very sturdy. It was in the shape of a rectangle, except the bottom end was rounded off and the top end was curve outward slightly. It was big enough to cover my back from side-to-side, and just barely concealed my sheath. Only the bottom of the sheath was visible beneath it.

With the sword's hilt resting in comfortable reach behind my right shoulder, I gave my sincere thanks to Teacher, and Zelda and I left the castle. We headed through the now empty streets of the town at night to the station. There were some trains, but the Spirit Tracks were gone. It was no use. We had to make the trip on foot.

"Where are you thinkin' of going?", asked an anonymous voice from our right.

Zelda and I turned to see a boy about our age. He had golden hair and golden eyes. His long hair was parted in the middle, and his bangs reached down to his chin level in front of his long ears. It was tied back in a ponytail in the back. He had a small scar on his forehead, above his right eye. He was wearing a red, hooded coat and black clothes beneath that. At his waist on the left side was a sword, a Rapier.

"Who are you?", I asked.

"My name's Regret.", he answered.

"I'm Link."

Regret paused, then asked, "Aren't you gonna introduce me to your ghostly friend there?"

Me and Zelda flinched in suprise.

"You mean... you can see me?", Zelda asked, pointing to herself.

"I can hear ya, too.", he told her. "Wait... aren't you the Princess, Zelda?", Regret asked.

"Yes, I am, but... how can you see me?", she asked.

"I dunno... Maybe we'll figure it out someday.", he said, shrugging. I could tell he wasn't interested in the slightest. "Anyway, where're you two going? The Spirit Tracks are gone.", he asked.

"We need to get to the Tower of Spirits. It's urgent.", I explained.

"We need to figure out what happened to me, and if I can get back to nomal.", Zelda added.

"And I'm guessing you think the sage there could help you out.", Regret asked.

"That's right.", I said.

"Hmm...", he began. "... All right, I'll take you there."

"Huh?!", Zelda and I said simultaniously.

"I know a short cut to the tower. I'll show you.", he explained.

"All right, thanks!", I said.

Regret led the way as Zelda and I followed him through the vacant streets of Castle Town to an alleyway in the northeastern side of town. He stopped in front of a door in the back of the alley. This door was at the building on the left side of the alley. He opened it, and motioned for me and Zelda to follow. We did, and followed him through a dark hallway. We came to another door. Regret opened this one too, and we walked through. Closing it behind us, Zelda and I looked around. We were in a dimly lit tavern. It was too dark to see much of the place. There was a lit candle at the bar, and on the other side sat a middle-aged woman. Regret walked up to her, with me following behind him.

"Hiya, Telma!", he said cheerfully.

"Ah, Regret, what can I do for you now, Honey?", she asked in a gravely voice.

Now that we were closer, I got a better look at Telma. She had blue eyes and red hair tied back in a bun. Red lipstick stained the lips holding her lit cigar. She wore a gray blouse, and tan pants. Her shirt had too many buttons undone. Her bra was exposed. Her build was a bit bulky, from what I could see. Considering most of her shirt was unbottoned, it was easy to tell she had a fairly large bosom.

"I need you to open the way to the tower. This guy has some business there.", Regret said, guesturing to me.

Telma looked over and examined me. It felt like she was looking through me. It was a little creepy. What's more, she smiled and, after expelling a puff of cigar smoke from her mouth, said, "Mm-hmm, sure thing Honey, I'd be happy to do anything for this feller." She followed it up with a wink that sent shivers down my spine.

Regret sighed as Telma walked over to the back left corner of the room. While she was there, he whispered to me, "She's a little creepy, I know. But just bear with it. She's a reliable person."

I nodded, though I still felt violated from her wink.

"All right boys, you be careful now.", Telma said as she opened a small hatch in the floor. I would have never known it was there if she hadn't opened it.

"Thanks Telma! I owe you one.", Regret said.

"Thanks.", I chimed in.

"No problem, Sweetie. Anything for you.", she said in a seductive voice. Now I really felt violated.

I quickly followed behind Regret as he descended the ladder in the hatch. I was determined to get the hell out of there and away from her. Telma closed up the hatch once we were through. We were now in a sewer tunnel. It was suprisingly pristine for a sewer, though.

"Ugh, that lady gave me the creeps!!", Zelda complained. "And she totally sexually harassed Link!! Why do you know someone like her, Regret?!"

"Believe it or not, she's my foster mother.", he said.

Zelda was speechless. The look on her face made both me and Regret laugh.

"C'mon, we'll get to the tower much faster this way.", Regret said. Zelda and I followed him as he made his way around a few twists and turns. Eventually we came to a dead end with a ladder in the corner. I followed after Regret as he climbed to the top. We came out in the field, a few miles away from the tower. We exited from a small grotto concealed beneath a large tree to the west of the tower.

"Well, here we are. Good luck.", Regret said. With that, he headed back down into the grotto.

"You're not coming with us?", Zelda asked.

"Nah, I got my own business to take care of. Hope you get your answers, though!", he said.

"See you, Regret. Thanks again.", I said.

"See you.", he responded. And with that, Regret disappeared back into the grotto.

As the sun began to rise above the green fields of Hyrule, Zelda and I approached the Tower of Spirits.

*Intersting Facts: Regret's appearence is based on Edward Elric, the protagonist of the anime "Fullmetal Alchemist". Regret's name is the name of the protagonist of the video game "Zenonia".

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
[video=youtube;9iplfZcIy4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iplfZcIy4c&feature=related[/video]

^Zelda's Ghost

The game is much differnet than the story, but both are so freaking awsome!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom