• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The New Rumours (and Probably Hoaxes); Skyward Sword Getting Even More Mysterious

I thought he would just be the leader of a group of greedy thiefs before he obtained the Triforce? Maybe I'm wrong. That was the backstory of A Link to the Past. But I can't remembering every detail right now.

On the Zelda Wiki they say the following about Ganondorf in OoT: "as well as a great deal of cunning, manipulation, and mystical power to gain entrance to the Sacred Realm, the abode of the Triforce". So he uses some kind of mystical power before he obtains the triforce.

boko bob

A boko named Bob...
I will enjoy theorizing about these rumors until E3, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I will wait for E3 to arrive, then comes the serious speculations...

Just 5 more days till Nintendo's press conference. I'm not going to waste my time discussing this when the real deal
will be shown in less than a week.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I am soooo excited for E3! I think we will have a lot more clearity when its all said and done. Most of these rumours make sense but the 2nd quest sounds almost impossible for the Wii to handle.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Some of these are quite believeable, however that doesn't always mean much. Treating these are merely rumours and nothing more, I have to say that some of these are interesting, and I would actually really like if they were in the game. The dungeon idea would be interesting, although I'm not sure it would be quite as entensive as what the rumours say. The heaven/hell idea is something that I would like very much. I do realise that there is a chance it would be llike things we've seen, but depending on how it was done, it could also be quite different.
Really though, as long as the 10-minute intro idea is not legit, I can't complain. That one I'm not a fan of. I find 3-minute long intros to be bad enough. :P

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
He was a sorcerer before he obtained the triforce if my memory serves me correct, so its possible he was actually older than he looked in OoT. Then it's possible he makes a cameo in SS as a kid, if it will be a cameo like role.

Sorcery doesn't mean immortality (or living a very long time or age crap). All that means is that you have supernatural powers. The ToP is what allowed him to live all those years in WW and TP.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
You lost me at "Flying combat." This doesn't mesh with what Aonuma's been telling us.

A group of evil sorcerers trying to get the Triforce is very easy to predict, and has been done by a majority of theorists and non-theorists alike.

Kid Ganondorf is obviously fan-service on the part of the person who concocted the rumors.

Orchestration was confirmed about a week ago, and strongly suggested about a year ago.

I therefore won't put much stock into the author's knowledge of any of the other stuff.

Most of them seem somewhat believable. But it kinda shows that it could be lies when it says ANOTHER name for the sword girl, as well as the fact that sky combat didn't seem very likely after last year's E3. As for the Ganondorf thing, we don't know very much at all about what his sorcerer powers are actually capable of. He could have actually been born a VERY long time ago and somehow increased his life span greatly, and then he could have murdered every male gerudo that would be born so he could stay king. Unlikely, I know, but it could be possible, and if it isn't, I'd like to see someone try to prove me wrong with actual facts. My point is, these rumors seem to be more believable than some other ones, but I'm still not gonna fully believe them until Aonuma or Miyamoto confirms them.

Two things stuck out to me reading the op...

According to Zelda Informer, there are new leaked informations about Skyward Sword available. And, please grab your seats, most of them coming from 4Chan.
Oh, 4Chan. Lovely. They're most certainly a trustworthy authority. On anything.

Maybe Zelda Dungeon has the capability to destroy most of the false rumours.
We most certainly do. :bleh:

I just looked at that list you posted there, Unlucky Monkey, and I can say almost immediately, just about all of them are silly. I'll go over why and how...

Skyward Sword is complete, but still needs debugging/testing.
This is kind of obvious, or at least is a reasonable assumption. Sorta unimportant either way, IMO.

There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.
Almost certain that flying gameplay has been officially debunked. Either way, this seems like a random assortment of areas without much rhyme or reason. Especially the desert dungeon. And what would "sky exploration" be? Flying exploration? Just normal Skyloft overworld?

Skyward Sword girl's name is "Dorella."
Pulled out of their ***, clearly. Sounds as logical as all the other made up names. Adelle, Zordiana.

Magician from GDC trailer's name is "Nephiburoo," he'll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.
That... name... is just... :xd: :xd: However, the latter part correlates with completely reasonable theories, that I myself support (my whole Dark Tribe thing, relating to the Dark Interlopers - predecessors of the Twili - from Twilight Princess, which the new character resembles).

Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child. Isn't too important to the story.
I've talked about this endlessly. Ganondorf cannot appear in the game. It is logically impossible. Important or not, it will not happen.

Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.
Egyptian? What? Why? This makes no sense. Obviously made up.

Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack.
Orchestrated? That makes sense. Mario Galaxy? I dunno, that doesn't so much. Koji Kondo almost always does Zelda soundtracks.

Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.
We've seen the land below. The original gameplay area from the first announcement of Skyward Sword is BASED on areas from when Link first arrives below, to what I understood. This is also false. Although obviously there will be two overworlds and obviously they will be Skyloft and Hyrule.

Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release.

WHAT?

After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.

WHAT??? This barely makes sense as a concept!

Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.
Um... This is also absurd. I mean, both of these were implemented as major transportation methods. They DEFINED the overworld in the games they appeared in! To have both? AND Skyloft? That doesn't make any sense.

Coming November 1st, 2011.
Could work, but there's no way it's definite. I mean where did they even get this information? Does Nintendo allow its employees to just go on 4Chan and spit development info to trolls? I doubt it. :/

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Orchestrated? That makes sense. Mario Galaxy? I dunno, that doesn't so much. Koji Kondo almost always does Zelda soundtracks.
It has been confirmed that Yokota is doing orchestration for SS. Kondo's only done a little over half the soundtracks anyway, and many of them just as a supervisor. He could be supervising Yokota.

Could work, but there's no way it's definite. I mean where did they even get this information? Does Nintendo allow its employees to just go on 4Chan and spit development info to trolls? I doubt it. :/
Isn't that Gamestop's placeholder date? or was theirs the second?

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Oh, 4Chan. Lovely. They're most certainly a trustworthy authority. On anything.
not to forget all the false death reports :D (But the one about Paul Gray was correct)

We most certainly do. :bleh:

I just looked at that list you posted there, Unlucky Monkey, and I can say almost immediately, just about all of them are silly. I'll go over why and how...
Looks like I will achieve two goals. Destroying false rumours, and Axle the Beast has commented one of my threads. Nice :D

Well, this is a very nice point. There is even a leaked orchestrated song available now. Song comes from 4Chan. Sounds definitely fake. I've commented something similar on Zelda Informer; Sounds like tunes from Metal Gear Solid and Zelda (The Metal Gear Solid thing isn't meant to be serious at all). And I mean to hear the roots of some Zelda soundtracks in this "leaked song from Skyward Sword".

So it looks like many Nintendo employees enjoying their time at 4Chan. Or it is some very grotesque new marketing campaign of Nintendo to promote Skyward Sword.

Sorcery doesn't mean immortality (or living a very long time or age crap). All that means is that you have supernatural powers. The ToP is what allowed him to live all those years in WW and TP.

I never said that it meant anything, I'm just saying that it is possible that Ganondorf lived longer through his mystical powers, so the rumour could be true.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

Obviously you didn't hear about the Galaxy composer being hired to work on OoT 3D and SS. That actually is official. One of the few things that are legit in this.

I never said that it meant anything, I'm just saying that it is possible that Ganondorf lived longer through his mystical powers, so the rumour could be true.

Sure. And SS Link gonna be OoT Link's father.

The name is not important at this time. But I think it was JuicieJ at his website who exact wrote the same. A group of evil sorcerers sounds in some way logic. It is likely Link will challenge a whole group of some very evil guys which wants to obtain the Triforce.

It's not actually my website, I'm just staff there. http://zelda-world.net/ That's the site, this is the article. http://zelda-world.net/2011/04/what-the-pale-figure-cant-be/

Last edited:
It has been confirmed that Yokota is doing orchestration for SS. Kondo's only done a little over half the soundtracks anyway, and many of them just as a supervisor. He could be supervising Yokota.

Isn't that Gamestop's placeholder date? or was theirs the second?
Oh, yeah, okay. So that one is legit. Didn't check the news page much yesterday. Well, that's cool then. :)

And I don't remember what GameStop's placeholder date was, so I dunno. I don't think it is, though, because I thought I heard someone saying that date was a Sunday, and Nov. 1 is a Tuesday. Either way, even if it was, that's not a new rumor. Just an old rumor. And even if it was a slightly different day but really close to the GameStop date, that's even more fake sounding. "Let's take an existing release date rumor and change it a little lol"

Looks like I will achieve two goals. Destroying false rumours, and Axle the Beast has commented one of my threads. Nice :D

Well, this is a very nice point. There is even a leaked orchestrated song available now. Song comes from 4Chan. Sounds definitely fake. I've commented something similar on Zelda Informer; Sounds like tunes from Metal Gear Solid and Zelda (The Metal Gear Solid thing isn't meant to be serious at all). And I mean to hear the roots of some Zelda soundtracks in this "leaked song from Skyward Sword".

So it looks like many Nintendo employees enjoying their time at 4Chan. Or it is some very grotesque new marketing campaign of Nintendo to promote Skyward Sword.
Lol, glad I could help. :bleh: And that's hilarious that they did something with Zelda and Metal Gear together, considering just last mailbag I suggested Hideo Kojima could make a good Zelda game. o_0 But yeah, I've heard several Skyward Sword songs that are probably fake, and one that was supposedly a fan remastering of the song that actually plays in that demo area people were in when the game was playable at E3.

"Grotesque"? Perfect choice of words. :xd: Nah, I think it's just some trolls who wanted to be clever and managed to accidentally come up with one or two realistic things.

Well, that's theoretically possible, but there's no real reason to think that it's actually the case. There's been not suggestion, not even vague, that he had lived an extended life before Ocarina of Time started. And it also seems clear that as soon as he got major power, he targeted Hyrule and tried to take control; he had been trying to get the Spiritual Stones before the game even began. Had he had the power to extend his life PRIOR to Ocarina of Time, wouldn't he have tried to take Hyrule sooner? If this is the case, he wouldn't be unknown in OoT but rather he'd be an infamous evil, immortal sorcerer (basically his status in every other Zelda game he appears in).

Obviously you didn't hear about the Galaxy composer being hired to work on OoT 3D and SS. That actually is official. One of the few things that are legit in this.
Yes, obviously. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom