• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Navi Complaint Thread

Does Navi Annoy You?

• Total voters

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
During all my years of being a Zelda fan, I never found Navi to be annoying. But getting on sites like ZD and watching YouTube videos and scrolling through the comments, I noticed that Navi gets a lot of hate.

For those of you who find Navi annoying...why?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Yes, but only early on in the game. It's mildly annoying when she tells you very obvious things like "this is how you open a door" or "maybe you can climb these vines," especially when you've replayed the game many times as I have. After that, though, she's really not that bad, especially compared to Fi in SS.

Djinn

and Tonic
I honestly never had any issue with Navi at all. I almost think that the whole Navi hate is just some trend that got started long ago and now people just instantly assume that they are supposed to hate it or just hear how everyone else hates it and just goes along with it.

Fi and Midna are much more intrusive, with the constantly jumping out in front of you, halting everything you are doing just to have a little informative mini cutscene. Navi just makes a noise, and you can ignore the warning f you do not click on the Navi button.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
During all my years of being a Zelda fan, I never found Navi to be annoying. But getting on sites like ZD and watching YouTube videos and scrolling through the comments, I noticed that Navi gets a lot of hate.

For those of you who find Navi annoying...why?

How many times have you played OOT?
I find on the 6th time she gets annoying and on the 10th I can almost guarantee she is annoying when she stops the gameplay to tell you something obvious.

However Kaepora Gaebora is annoying on the very first play through. The navi complaints by people who have only played OOT a few times or once seem pretty unjustified considering a far bigger nuisance exists.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
She's meh... She's only really annoying during the Kokiri Forest section of the game (including Inside the Great Deku Tree) because of her obnoxious unskippable tutorials. The first time through is OK, every other time is just annoying. If her text was skippable, she'd be a lot better.

I still find all her "Hey!"s to be really annoying though.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
She's meh... She's only really annoying during the Kokiri Forest section of the game (including Inside the Great Deku Tree) because of her obnoxious unskippable tutorials. The first time through is OK, every other time is just annoying. If her text was skippable, she'd be a lot better.

Well, good news! The triggers for some of this Navi text can be skipped, and I often try to do so when I replay the game. And yes, I find Navi is the worst during the Deku Tree since there are a lot of triggers for Navi to talk, and it definitely interrupts the flow of the game.
It also depends on the version of the game you're playing too, as the text speed is different for different versions. If the text is fast (3DS and Japanese N64 versions) Navi isn't as annoying.

How many times have you played OOT?
I find on the 6th time she gets annoying and on the 10th I can almost guarantee she is annoying when she stops the gameplay to tell you something obvious.

However Kaepora Gaebora is annoying on the very first play through. The navi complaints by people who have only played OOT a few times or once seem pretty unjustified considering a far bigger nuisance exists.

I've played OoT dozens of times, at minimum like 2 times a year since 1999, and she doesn't annoy me. I mean sure telling me how to open a door is a tad annoying but outside of one or maybe two instances in the Deku Tree I never felt she was annoying. She is one of my favorite companions.

Salem

SICK
Because she interrupted the game just to tell me stupid **** like how to open doors, and how the corridor from the Forest Temple was twisted and I have NO OPTION to skip that

The thing is I COULDN'T get to the Deku Tree unless I know how to use the A-button.

Because she interrupted the game just to tell me stupid **** like how to open doors, and how the corridor from the Forest Temple was twisted and I have NO OPTION to skip that

The thing is I COULDN'T get to the Deku Tree unless I know how to use the A-button.

She stops you like 3 times total the entire game. Big deal. Fi stops you like every new scene. Hell, just asking for enemy infer even feels like it takes forever, Navi would give it to you right away no sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom