• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Many Sequals to OoT; ALttP in the Timeline

I don't believe it ever says that the Ganon in ALttP was killed beforehand.

At the end of ALttP the Triforce told Link Ganon was completely destroyed. Destroyed = Putting an end to the existence of something. Ganon was killed.

The Triforce could have been split before hand in ALttP

It wasn't. Before ALttP it was in the Golden Land and that's when Ganon took it for himself and turned the Golden Land into the Dark World. That's the backstory of ALttP and no where did it say the Triforce was split.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
At the end of ALttP the Triforce told Link Ganon was completely destroyed. Destroyed = Putting an end to the existence of something. Ganon was killed.

I misread what you said earlier. I thought you were saying Ganon was killed before ALttP. Anywho, personally I don't think death has stopped Ganon before. OoX?

It wasn't. Before ALttP it was in the Golden Land and that's when Ganon took it for himself and turned the Golden Land into the Dark World. That's the backstory of ALttP and no where did it say the Triforce was split.

Yet is was "technically" split in both timelines. If you try to put ALttP in either timeline, ALttP's backstory is going to have to be retconned either way.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Except that in FSA, Ganon was sealed in the Four Sword not in the Sacred Realm/Dark World. Plus the backstory of Ganon was rewritten. Personally, I place the Four Swords trilogy (MC/FS/FSA) as a separate universe.

I know that. But in ALttP (or rather the re-release of it for the GBA) we see the Four Sword inside the Sacred Realm. Obviously the seal war (or one of the events merged into the seal war legend - but still the battle that occured before ALttP) occurs between FSA and ALttP. So the way I see it:

-FSA happens.
-Ganon breaks out of the Four Sword Seal.
-The Seal War commences.
-ALttP happens.

This confuses me. :p

FSS = Four Sword Saga
Classics = ALttP/OoS/OoA/LA-LoZ/AoL

I'm actually not sure what we're arguing here, but I'll add in my two cents - while Ganon was indeed destroyed at the end of AlttP, this does not mean he is gone forever. (also note the Japanese simply says he has "fallen.") I explained this in the "multiple Ganon's thread" :

By the end of ALttP, Ganon has become a full demon. In Japanese mythology, Demons can be killed, but they will always come back. Their body is killed/destroyed, but their spirit is simply "sealed" in the realm of the dead (the realm we see in ST) until they can re-incarnate. This is what happened to Ganon. He died, but reincarnated. This ONLY happened however because he was a full demon by the end of ALttP. By the end of TWW or TP, this could not/would not have happened.

[/quote]It wasn't. Before ALttP it was in the Golden Land and that's when Ganon took it for himself and turned the Golden Land into the Dark World. That's the backstory of ALttP and no where did it say the Triforce was split.[/QUOTE]

This is true. But the seal war ALSO states that it is the first time the Triforce was ever touched. In other words, we are dealing with two separate conflicts which begin and end the seal war:

1. OoT (or the legend of it on the child timeline.)
2. The battle which occurred right before ALttP.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
This is true. But the seal war ALSO states that it is the first time the Triforce was ever touched. In other words, we are dealing with two separate conflicts which begin and end the seal war:
Why can't we say that "first" was retconned? The "first" princess named Zelda was obviously retconned. Aonuma recently stated he doesn't want to say anything is "first."

Pinecove

Last Chance
Why can't we say that "first" was retconned? The "first" princess named Zelda was obviously retconned. Aonuma recently stated he doesn't want to say anything is "first."

Because the most recent indication given to us by the developers (2007) is that OoT is still (part of) the seal war.
Also the Sleeping Zelda story was never retconned - it was "founder" not "first."

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I know that. But in ALttP (or rather the re-release of it for the GBA) we see the Four Sword inside the Sacred Realm. Obviously the seal war (or one of the events merged into the seal war legend - but still the battle that occured before ALttP) occurs between FSA and ALttP. So the way I see it:

-FSA happens.
-Ganon breaks out of the Four Sword Seal.
-The Seal War commences.
-ALttP happens.

I still consider the FS trilogy to be a seperate universe. If it wasn't tough, this is a good point but IMO the "four sword" retcon in ALttP was merely just an easter egg and not to be taken seriously.

FSS = Four Sword Saga
Classics = ALttP/OoS/OoA/LA-LoZ/AoL

That wasn't what confused me. It was what you said beforehand. It was very wordy. :P:lol:

I'm actually not sure what we're arguing here, but I'll add in my two cents - while Ganon was indeed destroyed at the end of AlttP, this does not mean he is gone forever. (also note the Japanese simply says he has "fallen.") I explained this in the "multiple Ganon's thread" :

By the end of ALttP, Ganon has become a full demon. In Japanese mythology, Demons can be killed, but they will always come back. Their body is killed/destroyed, but their spirit is simply "sealed" in the realm of the dead (the realm we see in ST) until they can re-incarnate. This is what happened to Ganon. He died, but reincarnated. This ONLY happened however because he was a full demon by the end of ALttP. By the end of TWW or TP, this could not/would not have happened.

I like this.

1. OoT (or the legend of it on the child timeline.)
2. The battle which occurred right before ALttP.

Thus brings us back to the delimima in the first place. Another reason why I believe that there isn't a separate Seal War but it's the same as OoT. *shrugs*

So what your saying is that he was reincarnated as the Ganon in LoZ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom