• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda: The Cardinal Kingdom

Okay, so if any of you have seen my posts before, you are probably familiar with my view of making this "fanfic" into a video game. Some people have told me that there's not much for the gamer to do with the dialogue, etc. but this is meant to be a story that can be easily translated into a video game. Any way, constructive criticism is always welcome, so enjoy my teaser for you...

It has been ten years since what was known as the ultimate fight against good and evil; when the Hero of Time slayed the evil Gerudo King and cast the very essence of evil back to its own realm of shadows and darkness. Hyrule flourished to new horizons. Its' people ventured out and discovered new land for civilization. Peace was amongst all that stood, alive and inanimate, for the great evil that once engulfed Hyrule had been driven back into the shadows from which it lurked.

The people of Hyrule greatly extolled the Hero of Time and they knew that Hyrule would be safe as long as the Hero of Time existed. The townspeople honored Link with a mighty statue that protrudes from Castle Town's fountain. Princess Zelda also requested that the greatest masons reconstruct the once serene Temple of Time.

The new temple was built to resemble the old, but the King of
Hyrule searched for the greatest of magic to embody multiple portals
through which one could be transported to any distant kingdom
around the world. These portals, the Circle of Realms, kept Hyrule
in contact with many of its former people, and were heavily guarded by the Hero of Time himself, for any tampering was strictly prohibited. In the middle of the
temple, the Master Sword remains a center piece in its stone, awaiting
for the next quest. There is also an empty space on the back wall
where the Royal Family Crest is displayed, separating the
portals on the right and left.

All was good in Hyrule and Link knew it as he strolled through the Castle Town eyeing the people, beaming at their delight. He was dressed in a style that the people of Hyrule came to call the Heroic Style, which consisted of the original Kokiri Boots, white leggings, a three-point belt and a sky blue tunic with a slew of yellow and white to resemble the peace Link brings to Hyrule. However, Link did not wear the ever so popular hat because it was declared by the people that it shades the face of their savior (like a medieval mask if you will).

The townspeople wore that of similar clothing and the expressions of a people with great passion for life, for the hustle and bustle of the town which kept it alive and well, also made it somewhat chaotic.

Some visual:
Hyrule castle, where Princess Zelda and King Daphnes reside, lies to the immediate northeast of Castle Town while the Temple of Time lies within close proximity of the castle. To the south lies the Kokiri Forest, as well as the Lost Woods. To the southwest of the Kokiri Forest lies the Southern Swamp. To the far south of Hyrule lies the Great Bay, and to the west of Hyrule rests Lake Hylia, as well as Lon Lon Ranch. To the northwest of Castle Town there stands Death Mountain, rising above a snow peaked mountain range that runs northeast to southwest. At the base of DeathMountain sits Kakariko Village, which is to the north of Castle Town. Progressing past Kakariko, Hyrule's only port overlooks the North Shoreline. Link's home is within the Kokiri Forest where he was raised by the Kokiri.
(I have a map it's not good, and I tried cleaning it up with Paint, but it only made it worse)

Back to the Hustle and Bustle:
Shop owners are advertising their latest product, foreign tradesmen and carpenters are running to and fro. Women are carrying clothing, pots and items around. Children and pets (dogs, cats, pigs) are frantically playing amidst the busy streets. Soldiers are patrolling designated areas, while old men and women share small talk along the sides of bazaars, shops and homes. It is truly a joyful day, just as it always was...

...but from the north of the Castle Town comes a stranger; a foreigner dressed in an odd brown tunic that reveals one shoulder, no leggins, red belt and low-cut matching boots. The man's hair is short, jet black and spiky all over, which makes his pale complexion stand out even more. His eyes match his hair and he is a relatively built young man.

As this foreigner slowly walks through the middle of Castle Town, aimlessly looking around, the crowd that surrounds him falls to a noticably low murmur. Link notices the transformation in the people's expressions and rushes toward the man for he had been watching for the entire time he had entered the town. A small boy fishing in a nearby pond becomes distracted by the young man’s presence and Link’s interest.

(There is some controversy as to whether there should be voices for Link, but I can guarantee you everyone else should have voices, at least sometimes)

The man, still looking around, greets Link by saying, "I don't mean to cause any trouble sir, my name is Ganeon. My father is missing, and I was looking for the Temple of Time."

Link looks deep into the man's eyes and realizes that he is merely an innocent boy, and without further examination Link greets Ganeon with a nod (or "Hello.") from which Ganeon figures out that his greeter's name is Link. Afterward Ganeon strays away from Link in the direction of a nearby bazaar selling Hyrulian trinkets. During their conversation, the tiny fisherman’s line had hooked to the largest fish in the pond, now frantically flailing for freedom as the little boy trailed behind, too scared to let go. As the town’s hero, Link could not leave the little boy to suffer and quickly wrestled the monstrous fish, freeing both from the struggle.

With teary eyes, the little boy addresses Link, “Thank you mister!” Link nods.
The little boy continues, “I guess you are a better fisherman than I,” as he bestows the line and rod upon Link.
Link praises the gift, but realigns his priorities and veers off toward the castle in order to deliver word of Ganeon to Princess Zelda.

At the gate the guards bow and part to let the Hero of Time through as he rushes to Princess Zelda's tower. He reports what he has come in counter with, the strangest of men, who seemed very interested in the Temple of Time (talking or mute). Zelda says she was watching from her window with a weird feeling that she has seen this man before and that the two of you should head off to the Temple of Time to make sure Ganeon is not up to mischief.

The two heroes burst through the Temple of Time's doors to find Ganeon walking along the Circle of Realms. The two of you advise Ganeon to step away from the portals before something bad happens, but Zelda and Link do not move from their position in fear of aiding Ganeon in passing through a portal by means of a struggle or similar actions. Ganeon continues walking along the portals saying, "I am just looking for my father." He comes to the last portal on the right hand side, the portal to the Realm of Darkness a.k.a. the Twilight. Ganeon says in a low, soft, voice, "I don't feel his presence anymore..."

Suddenly, the temple begins to rumble incredibly, as Zelda falls backward and through the clouded portal Link sees an outline of a pair of evil, red, fiery eyes. A loud roar sounds from the portal ultimately causing Link to yells (or makes a scary expression of) "Look out!" as Zelda screams.
Meanwhile, Ganeon whips around to face the portal with great shock.
Link jumps into action sprinting across the temple toward the portal just as a large, familiar arm extends from it; the hand of Ganondorf. Link leaps, grabbing the Master Sword in midair from its stand, as he readies himself to slay every ounce of the eminent evil. But just as Link approaches with all his power and courage, the arm retracts, taking Ganeon with it, leaving Link to slash through a cloud of darkness, whilst stumbling.

Link goes to help Zelda back to her feet (maybe asking if she's alright or maybe Zelda can just say she is) and moments later, a second, less severe rumble occurs. Link and Zelda are bracing themselves relatively close to the portal of interest as Ganeon steps out of the portal. Link and Zelda both notice that he is a changed man; full of evil and hate; his eyes are blazing red while there is a shaded tint to his complexion, something that resembles a sort of dark aura. The low demonic laugh trembles the temple and in an instant the Triforce symbol burns brightly on their left hands. Link looks bewildered while Zelda reaches a frightened state. As the Wisdom, Courage, and Power of the Triforce unite, an echoing, high-pitched ring travels the temple's walls, followed by an immensely bright light that emits a great explosion as a gaping hole is ripped open in the Temple's high, stone ceiling. During this explosion Link, Zelda, Ganeon, and the Master Sword are all sent soaring to different kingdoms throughout the world.

There was once a time great peace and prosperity when the Legendary Council protected the world from all evil. If one of the eleven falls astray, the whole world could be led to its own destruction, kingdom by kingdom. Even the Hero of Time is no match to the power of such destruction. That time has come. A dark cloud sweeps across all land and sea, wreaking havoc upon even the strongest of civilizations. The Legendary Council must be summoned once again. Evil, cannot prevail...

I know it's a little lengthy, but it's my intro to what I like to think of as a spectacular game story line.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Not bad! its a pretty good intro. the only thing i have to say is the name "Ganeon" made me expect what was coming. but i think u can take that intro and turn it into a very interesting story. Keep it up!

Well yeah, I was kind of playing on people "expecting" what was going to happen. Because there's so much more to the story than what I'm assuming you're expecting. I don't want to give too much away, cause I like the surprise. Besides, it was the scariest relative name I could think of when I was younger, haha :P

I really want to talk about the story line with people who are interested, because like I said I don't mean for it to be a fan fic; I'm just describing my game idea in great detail, so not everything is going to be explained unless discussions happen. I've already written out the second sequence to the story line, but I think I'm going to hold off until more people express interest.

...hopefully that isn't forever haha.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Yea, thats what i did with mine. it was SUPPOSED to be an intro, but then someone said it was too short, so i added chapters 2 and 3 early. but its really a well thought-out plot. keep it going!

I probably won't post more til more people comment. I'll just be working on refining everything.

Nicole

luke is my wife
All right, good for you. But if ur not busy, you should check out my fan fic and tell me what u think of it. look at my sig to find out where it is. Oh, but back on the subject of your post, :P i'll read watever additions you put on it. its just that good

Nicole

luke is my wife
Hey people! Post comments on this story so rock will write more and so i'll be able to read more. So REPLY, DARN IT!!!!

Next Segment to The Cardinal Kingdom, please comment. It's a game idea, so I'd really love for everyone to shape their own ideas of what a true Zelda game should be through my written form.

Moments later, on a remote, eroded section of the east coast of the ancient Ordonian Empire, a tattered Link washes ashore. The weaponless Link slowly rises to his feet as he surveys his new surroundings.

More visual:
To the east of this coast is the Great Sea, and across from the Ordonian Empire is the Western Kingdom. This beach is closed off by a thick forest baring only one maneuverable path that heads west.

Ordonian Coast:
Seagulls can be heard in the distance, as well as the crashing of waves onto the shore. As Link scans the mighty waters, he hears a scream echoing from down the thin path that runs crooked through the forest. Naturally, Link takes off at full speed down the winding path, stopping dead in his tracks to marvel at the back of the titanic dragon, Argos. Through Argos’ legs Link catches a glimpse of what appears to be a cowering man and woman. Link searches for a way to help and picks up a decent sized rock and aims it right at Argos’ tail. The rock flies through the air and makes a direct hit that drives Argos up into the air with powerful gusts of wind smashing the border of the narrow path. Once finally out of sight Link approaches the trembling man and woman to see if they are alright.
Just as the man looks up into Link’s bright, calm eyes, a large black net is cast from out of the nearby woods. Link is then knocked to the ground and dragged off further down the path. The whole time Link listens to his capturers:

“I’m glad we are finally doing something good for the village. It’s been such a wreck since Emperor Tekashi has gone berserk,” says a high-pitched voice.
“Yeah, I’m sure Master Oshiru will be impressed we have captured the deadly beast,” a low, soft voice said.

Later on Link is brought to his feet within the shadow of a towering structure known as the Ordonian Samurai School. He takes a quick glance around and realizes that the massive school is the center for a very small village that appears to be desolate. A few Ordonian heads poke out of windows and doors, all in fear of venturing outside. As Link reels his attention back toward his immediate surroundings he makes out his capturers, consisting of about thirty men, circling him, swords fixed with intent to kill.

“Master Oshiru is coming!” squealed a distinct voice that Link associated with the tallest of the men and the men closest to the school’s entrance parted.
A very old and somewhat shaky man crept down the steps toward a very confused, but solid Link. He then spoke:

“I have asked you samurai to stand guard for the dragon Argos. Does this look like a dragon to you?”
One man broke out, “We figured the dragon was a shape shifter. These are dark times Master and…”
“…clearly you “samurai” have yet to breach your trainee status,” the Master finished.
“Even though you trained us in sword combat?” murmured the low voice, ironically belonging to the shortest of the men.
The Master swiveled on point and faced the school. “If you feel you are ready to embrace your destiny as true samurai, step forward.” About half of the men took a small step forward and the rest filed back a few feet. “Now prepare yourself, do not hesitate.”

Just as the men reached for their sword, Master Oshiru leaped into action with a mere wooden sword, first performing a broad parry attack that swept up the feet of five of the samurai. As for the remaining samurai the Master fought his way through dazzling the men with sword blunts, thrusts, jabs, and eventually became locked in a close-range counter with the tallest of the samurai. As the swordsmen waged on, a stray samurai decided to deliver a cheap blow to the Master’s back. Instantly, Master Oshiru sword blunted his main attacker, and pulled a swift back thrust, knocking the approaching samurai to the ground.

“A samurai’s life is not all about fighting without a cause, you must commit yourself to something greater than the duel ahead,” as Master Oshiru crept back up the steps to the monumental school. “If you wish to prove yourself worthy, show this stranger the ways of the samurai,” he slowly turns toward Link, “I apologize for my students’ incompetence. Welcome to the Ordonian Samurai School,” and he disappeared behind the grand oak doors.

As Link looks from building to building, he ascends the steps leading up to the oak doors. With one strong push, the doors slowly swing open revealing a decent sized room illuminated by lanterns. A heavily golden-suited samurai informs you of the school standards, "Once a being has entered the Ordonian Samurai School, they shall not be granted permission to leave until they reach the final level. There are eight in all, and as one progresses to each floor a fixed number of samurai will be waiting to teach you the skills they have specialized in. You may have multiple tries on each level and may rest if needed, but do what you must in order to advance."

The armored guard directs Link to a pedestal upon which a wooden sword rests.
The sword's design has two curved grooves down either side, blue band around where the guard would be, and a small ruby embedded in the hilt.
The guard then walks toward the door and posts himself by the door, while brandishing a very large golden, double-edged sword. Link gulps as he proceeds toward the middle of the room where a lone samurai stands.

When Link reaches the center of the arena, the samurai facing him bows, eyes locked on Link.
"Greetings. I am a Novice Samurai. In the Ordonian Samurai School, there are no names, only levels. From here on out, you will be known as the Wandering Samurai. Fight with courage and victory will be within your grasp, but do not let it overcome you."
The Novice Samurai then demonstrates basic sword moves such as the swipe, slash, and thrust. Link perfects them with ease and ascends the stairs to the next level.

Link aggressively battles through the challenges of the remaining six levels. Each floor of the samurai school has brought forth its greatest of warriors to challenge Link, but he prevailed over all and perfected the ways of the samurai. The only level left was the eighth and final level where Master Oshiru awaited Link with great patience. Link climbed the seemingly never-ending staircase to the final floor and as he entered the last arena it appeared empty. The lanterns had been dimmed down to nearly pitch-black and a voice bounced around the walls:
"As the Wandering Samurai, you have traveled far in the ways of the samurai. Now you must show that you have perfected the skills you have learned from my pupils. Think back to the levels of training you have embraced..."

Link thinks back to all of the lessons he had learned previously. As he recalls techniques to combine attacks, parry, and duel, a newfound emotion lifts Link's spirits and he knows he must do whatever it takes to get back to Hyrule so he can find Zelda.

"...become one with the sword," Master Oshiru instructs.
And the battle commences. The Master hides himself in the shadows and waits for Link to turn his back to lunge. Link pulls off a reverse parry attack and the Master stumbles. While combating, the Master throws a couple sword blunts that knock Link back. The fight rages on, both equally skilled swordsmen. Eventually, the two become locked in a close-range duel; a stalemate of great skill.
"I sense that you are far more experienced than I have ever amounted you to....Link," says Master Oshiru as he pushes the edge of his sword closer to Link.

Another flash occurs and Link sees the face of a great evil, Ganandorf. His entire face is covered in shadow, but his red eyes pierce the darkness as well as his booming laughter.

Enraged, Link yells at the top of his lungs and flings his sword in full circle knocking Master Oshiru's sword into the darkness and the Master onto the floor.

"You have shown me something I have not seen in quite a while, courage. I remember you once battled the darkest of evils from the land of Hyrule, but this world is corrupted by fear. Will you have the courage to stand up to it?" asked Master Oshiru with great concern.
Link gave an assuring nod and the Master continued, "Consider the Village of Samurai a new home to you in your future quest young master. That sword that you have so beautifully wielded was bestowed upon the Wandering Samurai, the Hero of Time. Take it and go forth. I will have the Golden Samurai accompany you to the port northeast of this village. I know of a sea merchant who is leaving this port and heading for Hyrule. You can ride along with him. May the Wandering Samurai's journey be a fruitful one and never forget the samurai way...." Master Oshiru finishes just as he and Link reach the great oak doors of the samurai school.
Master Oshiru waves for the Golden Samurai to bring Link to the port. Link follows the Golden Samurai back through the winding path toward the clearing he had previously encountered Argos in.
The Golden Samurai leads Link to a wall of trees that appears impenetrable. Link's guide then delivers a swift swing with his double-edged sword and a wave of golden energy clears a perfectly cut path through the thickened forest. Link can make out small shops on the other side and so the two samurai proceed onward.
As Link walks behind the illuminating Golden Samurai a loud screech comes from the sky as small dragons slam to the ground.
"Beware the Argins fire breath. It's uncontrolled..." stated the Golden Samurai.
Link and the Golden Samurai stood their ground, back to back they fought off the Argins. Link's triple jab proved to be of great assistance to the Golden Samurai's powerful, golden blasts.
Within no time the two men were at the end of the path without an Argin in site. The Golden Samurai led Link toward the dock where a single boat decorated in bright colors was tied. The sea merchant was sitting on a bench relatively close to his boat.
He got up as the samurai led him to the end of the dock where the two talked in private while Link awaited departure. Link saw the sea merchant point out east from the port and the two conversing men both gave a strong nod to each other.
The Golden Samurai and the sea merchant approached Link with a steady pace. The Golden Samurai informed Link, "As you embark on your journey, you may come across Master Oshiru's brothers across the globe. They will not take to you kindly at first, but as long as you show that you know the way of the samurai, they will pass on ancient swordsmen techniques of great power and skill. In the end, they will become the worthiest of allies. Find courage young master..." and the Golden Samurai walked off into the distance.
The sea merchant quickly ran up to Link stuttering, "M-m-master Link, w-w-we, I mean uhhh y-y-you will need this..." as he handed Link a world map.”N-n-now come, the-the t-tide is changing and w-w-we must make h-h-haste. To Hyrule!" and the two of them boarded ship, coasted out into the ocean, and off into the horizon due east.

Next Segment to The Cardinal Kingdom, please comment. It's a game idea, so I'd really love for everyone to shape their own ideas of what a true Zelda game should be through my written form.

Moments later, on a remote, eroded section of the east coast of the ancient Ordonian Empire, a tattered Link washes ashore. The weaponless Link slowly rises to his feet as he surveys his new surroundings.

More visual:
To the east of this coast is the Great Sea, and across from the Ordonian Empire is the Western Kingdom. This beach is closed off by a thick forest baring only one maneuverable path that heads west.

Ordonian Coast:
Seagulls can be heard in the distance, as well as the crashing of waves onto the shore. As Link scans the mighty waters, he hears a scream echoing from down the thin path that runs crooked through the forest. Naturally, Link takes off at full speed down the winding path, stopping dead in his tracks to marvel at the back of the titanic dragon, Argos. Through Argos’ legs Link catches a glimpse of what appears to be a cowering man and woman. Link searches for a way to help and picks up a decent sized rock and aims it right at Argos’ tail. The rock flies through the air and makes a direct hit that drives Argos up into the air with powerful gusts of wind smashing the border of the narrow path. Once finally out of sight Link approaches the trembling man and woman to see if they are alright.
Just as the man looks up into Link’s bright, calm eyes, a large black net is cast from out of the nearby woods. Link is then knocked to the ground and dragged off further down the path. The whole time Link listens to his capturers:

“I’m glad we are finally doing something good for the village. It’s been such a wreck since Emperor Tekashi has gone berserk,” says a high-pitched voice.
“Yeah, I’m sure Master Oshiru will be impressed we have captured the deadly beast,” a low, soft voice said.

Later on Link is brought to his feet within the shadow of a towering structure known as the Ordonian Samurai School. He takes a quick glance around and realizes that the massive school is the center for a very small village that appears to be desolate. A few Ordonian heads poke out of windows and doors, all in fear of venturing outside. As Link reels his attention back toward his immediate surroundings he makes out his capturers, consisting of about thirty men, circling him, swords fixed with intent to kill.

“Master Oshiru is coming!” squealed a distinct voice that Link associated with the tallest of the men and the men closest to the school’s entrance parted.
A very old and somewhat shaky man crept down the steps toward a very confused, but solid Link. He then spoke:

“I have asked you samurai to stand guard for the dragon Argos. Does this look like a dragon to you?”
One man broke out, “We figured the dragon was a shape shifter. These are dark times Master and…”
“…clearly you “samurai” have yet to breach your trainee status,” the Master finished.
“Even though you trained us in sword combat?” murmured the low voice, ironically belonging to the shortest of the men.
The Master swiveled on point and faced the school. “If you feel you are ready to embrace your destiny as true samurai, step forward.” About half of the men took a small step forward and the rest filed back a few feet. “Now prepare yourself, do not hesitate.”

Just as the men reached for their sword, Master Oshiru leaped into action with a mere wooden sword, first performing a broad parry attack that swept up the feet of five of the samurai. As for the remaining samurai the Master fought his way through dazzling the men with sword blunts, thrusts, jabs, and eventually became locked in a close-range counter with the tallest of the samurai. As the swordsmen waged on, a stray samurai decided to deliver a cheap blow to the Master’s back. Instantly, Master Oshiru sword blunted his main attacker, and pulled a swift back thrust, knocking the approaching samurai to the ground.

“A samurai’s life is not all about fighting without a cause, you must commit yourself to something greater than the duel ahead,” as Master Oshiru crept back up the steps to the monumental school. “If you wish to prove yourself worthy, show this stranger the ways of the samurai,” he slowly turns toward Link, “I apologize for my students’ incompetence. Welcome to the Ordonian Samurai School,” and he disappeared behind the grand oak doors.

As Link looks from building to building, he ascends the steps leading up to the oak doors. With one strong push, the doors slowly swing open revealing a decent sized room illuminated by lanterns. A heavily golden-suited samurai informs you of the school standards, "Once a being has entered the Ordonian Samurai School, they shall not be granted permission to leave until they reach the final level. There are eight in all, and as one progresses to each floor a fixed number of samurai will be waiting to teach you the skills they have specialized in. You may have multiple tries on each level and may rest if needed, but do what you must in order to advance."

The armored guard directs Link to a pedestal upon which a wooden sword rests.
The sword's design has two curved grooves down either side, blue band around where the guard would be, and a small ruby embedded in the hilt.
The guard then walks toward the door and posts himself by the door, while brandishing a very large golden, double-edged sword. Link gulps as he proceeds toward the middle of the room where a lone samurai stands.

When Link reaches the center of the arena, the samurai facing him bows, eyes locked on Link.
"Greetings. I am a Novice Samurai. In the Ordonian Samurai School, there are no names, only levels. From here on out, you will be known as the Wandering Samurai. Fight with courage and victory will be within your grasp, but do not let it overcome you."
The Novice Samurai then demonstrates basic sword moves such as the swipe, slash, and thrust. Link perfects them with ease and ascends the stairs to the next level.

Link aggressively battles through the challenges of the remaining six levels. Each floor of the samurai school has brought forth its greatest of warriors to challenge Link, but he prevailed over all and perfected the ways of the samurai. The only level left was the eighth and final level where Master Oshiru awaited Link with great patience. Link climbed the seemingly never-ending staircase to the final floor and as he entered the last arena it appeared empty. The lanterns had been dimmed down to nearly pitch-black and a voice bounced around the walls:
"As the Wandering Samurai, you have traveled far in the ways of the samurai. Now you must show that you have perfected the skills you have learned from my pupils. Think back to the levels of training you have embraced..."

Link thinks back to all of the lessons he had learned previously. As he recalls techniques to combine attacks, parry, and duel, a newfound emotion lifts Link's spirits and he knows he must do whatever it takes to get back to Hyrule so he can find Zelda.

"...become one with the sword," Master Oshiru instructs.
And the battle commences. The Master hides himself in the shadows and waits for Link to turn his back to lunge. Link pulls off a reverse parry attack and the Master stumbles. While combating, the Master throws a couple sword blunts that knock Link back. The fight rages on, both equally skilled swordsmen. Eventually, the two become locked in a close-range duel; a stalemate of great skill.
"I sense that you are far more experienced than I have ever amounted you to....Link," says Master Oshiru as he pushes the edge of his sword closer to Link.

Another flash occurs and Link sees the face of a great evil, Ganandorf. His entire face is covered in shadow, but his red eyes pierce the darkness as well as his booming laughter.

Enraged, Link yells at the top of his lungs and flings his sword in full circle knocking Master Oshiru's sword into the darkness and the Master onto the floor.

"You have shown me something I have not seen in quite a while, courage. I remember you once battled the darkest of evils from the land of Hyrule, but this world is corrupted by fear. Will you have the courage to stand up to it?" asked Master Oshiru with great concern.
Link gave an assuring nod and the Master continued, "Consider the Village of Samurai a new home to you in your future quest young master. That sword that you have so beautifully wielded was bestowed upon the Wandering Samurai, the Hero of Time. Take it and go forth. I will have the Golden Samurai accompany you to the port northeast of this village. I know of a sea merchant who is leaving this port and heading for Hyrule. You can ride along with him. May the Wandering Samurai's journey be a fruitful one and never forget the samurai way...." Master Oshiru finishes just as he and Link reach the great oak doors of the samurai school.
Master Oshiru waves for the Golden Samurai to bring Link to the port. Link follows the Golden Samurai back through the winding path toward the clearing he had previously encountered Argos in.
The Golden Samurai leads Link to a wall of trees that appears impenetrable. Link's guide then delivers a swift swing with his double-edged sword and a wave of golden energy clears a perfectly cut path through the thickened forest. Link can make out small shops on the other side and so the two samurai proceed onward.
As Link walks behind the illuminating Golden Samurai a loud screech comes from the sky as small dragons slam to the ground.
"Beware the Argins fire breath. It's uncontrolled..." stated the Golden Samurai.
Link and the Golden Samurai stood their ground, back to back they fought off the Argins. Link's triple jab proved to be of great assistance to the Golden Samurai's powerful, golden blasts.
Within no time the two men were at the end of the path without an Argin in site. The Golden Samurai led Link toward the dock where a single boat decorated in bright colors was tied. The sea merchant was sitting on a bench relatively close to his boat.
He got up as the samurai led him to the end of the dock where the two talked in private while Link awaited departure. Link saw the sea merchant point out east from the port and the two conversing men both gave a strong nod to each other.
The Golden Samurai and the sea merchant approached Link with a steady pace. The Golden Samurai informed Link, "As you embark on your journey, you may come across Master Oshiru's brothers across the globe. They will not take to you kindly at first, but as long as you show that you know the way of the samurai, they will pass on ancient swordsmen techniques of great power and skill. In the end, they will become the worthiest of allies. Find courage young master..." and the Golden Samurai walked off into the distance.
The sea merchant quickly ran up to Link stuttering, "M-m-master Link, w-w-we, I mean uhhh y-y-you will need this..." as he handed Link a world map.”N-n-now come, the-the t-tide is changing and w-w-we must make h-h-haste. To Hyrule!" and the two of them boarded ship, coasted out into the ocean, and off into the horizon due east.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Hey, like the ideas! its pretty cool "samurai" stuff. :P yep, sure is. my one and only question is what sword did Link use to fight Master Oshiru? U said he lost the Master Sword. (OOOOHHHH, I JUST CAUGHT YOU IN A HOLE!!!)

jk. really liked the story, though. keep it up!

Oh, I guess it was just kind of implied that Link receives the sword showcased on the pedestal. The one the armored guard directs Link to prior to his journey through the tower. I guess I'll add it in there that Link is order to use the sword.

It's called the Wandering Sword, btw. Hence the Wandering Samurai. Yeah, that's a name that plays on later in the game/story.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Yea, i just kinda browsed. i was in a hurry. OMJ u just posted. how awesome. btw i posted moreon my story, so like, if you wanna read it, you can... :P

Yeah I saw the addition but haven't set aside time to read it yet. I have one more chapter ready for posting on here soon, so I'll get to that soon.

D

Driablo31

This is pretty amazing. I'd love to see more of this. A couple things that I feel would help (I'm not forcing you to use them, but I think it would help) is not to call them Samurai, but something else. Samurai makes it seem more real, whereas if you used a term created specifically for their form of swordplay, it would make it more Zelda-esque (at least in my mind.) Also, I'd like to have a map, even if it is a low-quality one (referring to your comment on having a map that doesn't look that good). But it's very well-written, and I would love if someone could collaborate with you to produce art to match the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom