• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Hero Within

Yep...I'm back at writing! I'm excited, and I hope you are too.;) I won't say anything concerning what this fan-fic is about or the setting, other than that it follows The Wind Waker. There will not be any sign ups for this story, but if you wish to submit a character, PM me and I will consider it.

Rated PG/PG-13 for violence and some mild language. Enjoy!

The Hero Within

Prologue: The Broken Seal

Everything around him stood still. No sounds broke the eerie silence and echoed across the walls of the chamber. No one entered and no one exited. It was just him, all alone. But even he did not move; not because he did not want to, but because he couldn't. All he could do was kneel there in the center of the room and become angered by the fact that he had been defeated.

He was surrounded by a rocky seal that even with his natural strength he couldn't put a dent in. A sword was lodged in his forehead and also held the seal in place. The sword had a symbol on its blade close to the hilt: four small, congruent triangles formed into one larger triangle.

He let out a long growl, asserting the power he once had. All of his power was now drained and there was only one thing that could bring it back. And that thing was once again brought upon him, and his power was brought back.

His left hand began to tingle; he couldn't see why, but he didn't need to. He felt a surge of energy burst throughout his body. He felt invincible. He could've shot fireballs from his fingertips if he desired to do do, but there was only one thing he wanted to do for the time being - and he did it.

With a violent scream full of mixed emotions and an aggressive outward thrust of his arms, he broke the seal. It broken into pieces, then flew across the room, crashing into the walls. The sword evaporated to nothingness in midair.

He stood with his arms out to his sides and let out a series of guttural laughs, embracing the bittersweet moment he had anticipated. Afterwards he glanced at his hand that had felt strange moments earlier. The symbol that was on the sword was etched into his brown skin; the bottom-left and bottom-right triangles glowed faintly, and the top triangle shined with brilliant golden light. He seemed to greet it as an old friend.

For a split second he stood as if he was contemplating his next move, and then he disappeared into thin air. He had returned at last.

*End of Prologue*​

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Oh my! The wait was definitely worth it, my friend. ^^ Ao enjoyed reading this magnificent intro, he did. :P But who could that be? Members are rumoring it's Ganny. Could that be the case? Who knows, all I know is that trouble awaits the world. I really can't wait to read more. That was well written, my friend. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom