• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds The Green Meter : What Should It Govern?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So we all know about that goddamn stamina bar green meter in ALttP2, featured below.
zelda-ALTTP-2-2.jpg

My quesiton is, what do you want it to govern? Should it be used solely for strenuous activity, or should it also apply to the spin attack and other series staples? Why/why not?

;)

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
It should apply to everything that needs a limit, but limits themselves should be kept to a minimum.

Salem

SICK
Putting restrictions when they didn't exist before kinda irks me, I guess it's better to wait for more information before we judge.

Personally I before that it only governs magic, but if it governs more things and that leads to more interesting/fulfilling gameplay, then it might be a good thing.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Seen the hammer takes stamina, magic cast takes stamina, perhaps spin attacking will too.
But it refills on its own.

I don't get why it wasn't a magic meter instead though.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Sure we can live with out the magic meter, but It added to the game. Was it really so hard for people to break jars to get some magic back up?

DarkestLink

Sure we can live with out the magic meter, but It added to the game. Was it really so hard for people to break jars to get some magic back up?

No, but magic, as the whole, only made the games less enjoyable than they could have been.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

Yeah it was...Aonuma doesn't know the meaning of Zelda...speaking of which, he's the one who hasn't beaten the original...

I really believe that it should govern "huge" items; we've seen the likes of the Hammer which honestly is huge af. I understand it affecting the bow as well, but if that meter functions as the ARROWS...I'll just facepalm.

Oh, and magic items like Medallions of course can return and be used by the meter :3

Skittles

Rainbows!
I would rather them keep with tradition and keep it a magic meter (because this Link knows how to use magic and it would be kind of OoC if he doesn't have it). I hated the stamina meter, it made Link seem like a wimp (it lasted too short a time) despite the amount of running and exercising he must do throughout the game. If it improved throughout SS...then it would've been fine, but it just got on my nerves instead and made the game less enjoyable.

Being less enjoyable is never good. Challenging is fine, but sometimes limits on everything can get annoying. I'd rather not have it be for both stamina and magic...just magic. Like tradition. ;)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Im just hoping it is not overused, but i seen it drain during he Spin Attack, which is already too much, i didnt like it using stamina during SS either though, sounds to me like I will most likely NOT like the use of the (what should be) magic meter considering its ALttP, but it is what it is, im sure i will enjoy the game!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

I honestly can't agree that it ever added to the series outside of Zelda II. The Magic Meter from A Link to the Past through Majora's Mask was just basically there, neither aiding nor harming the gameplay. Then in The Wind Waker, it became so dumbed down and underwhelming that it actually DID harm the gameplay, so... yeah.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Well in Alttp it limited your use of the optional items more then required ones. Like the ice rod and the medallions, and they were quite powerful.

I feel if the magics used are powerful enough like they were in OoT, the meter limits were very required.

Majora's Mask, kinda needed too but that that special milk kinda defeated the point of having a magic bar.

Its mostly just been a limit on mostly optional items, and in very rare cases required (like light arrows, or Thunder Spell).

While its not a huge limit, I think removing it was a step towards making the games easier.

DarkestLink

Then in The Wind Waker, it became so dumbed down and underwhelming that it actually DID harm the gameplay, so... yeah.

Wait, what did Wind Waker do with the magic meter itself? I know the arrows were overpowered, but what happened with the magic meter?

While its not a huge limit, I think removing it was a step towards making the games easier.

Except with the removal of the magic meter came a removal of the overpowered content it gave to us--like light arrows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom