• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art The Great War (Repost!)

Okay, y'alls remember that I posted this in the wrong forum, right? Well, I got it right this time! Yay!!! So, without further delay, here we go!

Prologue Part One

The night was dark and cool. A Hyrule castle guard was patrolling the outer wall. The stars shone brightly, and all was peaceful. Nothing could go wrong.

That very night however, something did.

A strange looking horse could barely be seen in the distance. Following it was an army of moblins, stalfos, and any other repulsive monster one could think of. Suddenly, it dawned in the soldier who was charging towards the castle.

"Somebody alert the guard captain! The castle's being stormed!" he shouted. Spear in hand, the guard ran, ready to fight.

Before anyone knew it, a stream of knights came rushing out of the castle. Monster after monster, man after man, fell as the strong scent of blood and the screams of agony filled the air.

The Great War had begun.

Prologue Part Two

I've heard the stories. I spent most of my childhood listening to them. How the Daughters and Sons of the Elements would one day show their faces, and slay a great evil. The legend goes like this.

Legend has it that a chosen few will rise up, chasing the darkness of evil away with their light. They say that their bodies, their soul hosts, are brought into the world like anyone else. But their spirits rise from the earth, awaken from settling ashes, breath air given to them by the wind, and in other way one can barely begin to name. Together, powers combined, they will bring down a great evil, the spirits at their side.

I never imagined one of the Spirit's Chosen would be me.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?21403-Sign-Up.-Please. Sign up! I need WAY more sign ups before Chapter One is officially posted. Post people, post!

You know what, I'll be nice to you guys; I care about y'alls that much. But I still need the sign ups.

Chapter One

Rya Esme

There was an age, a time when the studies of magic were revered and loved. When the legends were considered history. Now, the practice of sorcery is spat upon, and the myths are believed to be nothing more than old wives' tales. Quite honestly, I doubt that. I was always fascinated by the stories of magic, dragons, and the heroics of mortal men. I knew that someday, the magic could be restored, and all the land would know what an amazing skill it was.

I had no time to worry about this at the moment, though.

I had just found a rabbit relaxing in a mossy clearing. Quietly activating my powers, I prepared to strike. Hands and feet became paws, and russet fur replaced bare skin. My ears grew taller, sensing even the sound of a scuttling beetle, and my nose grew longer, detecting each smell around me. I was a fox now. Unsheathing my claws, I stalked up to the unsuspecting rabbit, my heart pounding so hard, I thought it might hear. Finally, food. Perhaps even a beacon for the end of our tribe's famine. I stalked toward it carefully, lightening my pawsteps. If there was a chance of food, it wasn't to be wasted.

I pounced. Just as the rabbit saw me, it was under my paws.

"You're not escaping me," I thought excitedly. I bit it's neck, killing it. I gave my thanks before carrying it back to camp, holding it tightly in my clenched jaws. It took all I had not to drool; the scent was intoxicating. Most people would say I was being melodramatic over a rabbit, but it was food. Something we all needed.

The only thing to worry about was whether or not I'd killed one of my fellow ilk. That couldn't of happened, though. I hope.

I still need sign ups, ladies and gentlemen. LOTS of sign ups. Consider yourselves lucky.

Chapter Two

Justin Riley

I was sitting down in Telma's Bar, within the walls of Castle Town. People glanced in my direction, wondering why there was a shady guy wearing a dark red cloak in the middle of summer, but I let it roll off my shoulders. I pulled my hood back over my face. Without giving the remainder of my coffee a second thought, I gave the bartender twenty rupees, and left.

I hated being a human. The others of my race never had the room for adventure. Most of them didn't even believe magic was real, while it was simply forbidden. I didn't care. I had the capacity and the courage to work with magic, let alone an element as dangerous as fire, so there was no backing down for me.

I retreated to my normal spot in the woods, a small cave. The entrance was completely hidden by gorse bushes and a few brambles. The perfect place to work with fire. Surprisingly, I hadn't burned my cover down yet.

I went to collect sticks to work with. As soon as I had finished, the real work began.

Minutes turned into hours of setting wood on fire, then going to get more. Suddenly, while I was practicing in the cave, I heard footsteps. They were sped up, running to be precise.

"Dammit, someone's coming!" I spat. I quickly used my powers to put out the fire, then hid in the deepest part of the cave. Right as I did, she stealthily slipped past the brambles. I was left in a short lived state of confusion. But, like I said, it was short lived.

Last edited:
Great chapter theothernavi! I hope this will get more sign ups soon because this is getting really interesting.
Maybe you could just make up some characters?

Well, sorry about the long delay; I'm a procrastinator. Anyway, at about chapter 5, I'll be making characters up, so SIGN UP! Thanks! :D

Chapter Three

Elliot Karmis

They say flying is throwing yourself at the ground and missing. If this is really the case, then I have impeccable aim.

Somehow, I could control the very air around me. Even an exhale out of me could kill a man. But there were times like these when I could just fly around like a giddy little bird and forget every negative thing that happened in my life. I landed near my home, a small village, surprisingly on the ground, where I was happily greeted by my friend, Pandora Trefore, or Panda for short.

"Hey, Panda! What's up?"

"Oh, you know, just watching the kids fighting over whether it should snow or not," she replied. "I think one of those kids is close to striking the others with lightning. And you?"

"Oh, you know, just-"

"We're under attack! Everyone, get ready to fight!" someone yelled. Panda and I completely stopped our conversation, like it never happened. It was time to step out into the battlefield, and fight.

Wouldn't you know it, moblins, stalfos, chuchus, and any other monster I could think of had come into our small village.

"We'll have a few hundred gallons worth of potion by the time we're done here," Panda joked. I wasn't listening. Cold sweat ran down my forehead, and my hands were trembling as I struggled not to drop my dagger. I'd never felt so nervous about a battle before. I had only really fought random monsters around the village, nothing more. Maybe I felt this way because I'd never fought a legit battle before.

They came closer. I suddenly couldn't take it. I started the fight with the first chu I saw. In what seemed an instant, it was dead. Now I knew why I seemed so nervous. It wasn't nerves, it was power, and it was unattainable. Monster after monster fell breathless at my feet. Mere minutes passed before the fight was over, but it felt like years.

"Is anyone hurt?" someone shouted. I heard a moaning "yes" in the crowd. I recognized her voice. It was Panda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom