• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Great Sea Theory

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
As we all know Nintendo has a tendency to not explain things. Such as the Kokiri and the Ordon, where the Temple of Time is actually located, and so on and so forth. And chances are that they won't explain the new Hyrule of ST. So here is what I came up with. I am currently replaying ALTTP and something a maiden said struck me as unusual, she said that as long as the wisher lived the Triforce would fulfill that wish. So does that mean when the wisher dies it is undone? When Ganon died his wishes were undone (that might be a result of Link's wish though). So what if the gods told the king to flood Hyrule with the Triforce. They froze time in Hyrule so he could live forever so the magic would stand. But when the king was crushed under the waves his wish could have been undone and Hyrule could have floated back up. Another thing about this is that the Master Sword and Ganondorf would come back allowing the adult time line to continue. This is just a half way plausible theory.

Last edited:
i think the kings wish wasn't undone. most likely the makers forgot about that line or don't think that it matters.

I think it is only undone if that is what the next person wishes for it to be undone. The Triforce is in the Golden Land after the credits of the Wind Waker. In alttp they already were in the Golden Land and when Link supposedly killed Ganon, he got the right to make the wish. I still am unsure how Ganondorf got all three triforce since alttp is stated by Nintendo to be one of the first games in the Zelda timeline.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

That's a good thought. The King of Hyrule does die very soon after he makes his wish, so it makes sense that this would break the Triforce's bond to that wish.

Looking at the way the Triforce seems to work, however, I doubt this means that the death of the one who made the wish would automatically undo whatever they wished for. In A Link to the Past, when Ganon dies, the Dark World doesn't automatically revert to its original state as the Golden Land. Everything returns to normal only when Link makes his wish. It's possible (and would certainly make a good plot device) that the only power strong enough to undo a wish on the Triforce is another wish on the Triforce. Perhaps the wish is kept as long as the wisher lives by keeping the Triforce from anyone's access. This would explain why, in A Link to the Past, there is no sign of the Triforce until Ganon is dead, and why, in The Wind Waker, the Triforce ascends (effectively disappearing) after the wish is made.

Edit: mandym287's post didn't exist before I started typing, but I have a few things to say about it. First of all, Link didn't supposedly kill Ganon in A Link to the Past - he actually did kill him. I don't see where this theory about Ganon not dying is coming from, so stop using it. Another thing: they haven't particularly stated that A Link to the Past is near the beginning - only that it's before The Legend of Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom