• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Great Calamity

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
Ok I don't know how many other people know about this 'great calamity' but could you inform me further if you do.

As far as I am aware it is OoT's final battle and then at the end when Zelda sends Link back to regain his 'lost' time then there is some sort of rip in time and space and spilts into two things, one where MM continues on from and the other where WW starts up after quite a few years. Can anyone tell me more about it?

I don't know if I would call it a "calamity". Its just the split timeline. In the ending, Zelda sent Link back to his childhood so he could, well, live out his childhood. What Link done after this point takes place on the Child Timeline. Link went back, informed Zelda about what Ganondorf was going to do, she relayed that message to the King and whenever Ganondorf tried to overthrow the Royal Family (as he successfully did in OoT), he was caught and sentenced to death, which is the scene we see in Twilight Princess. Link also went on his separate journey to Termina for Majora's Mask. However, in the world which Link left (at the end of OoT where he had defeated Ganondorf and had him sealed away), THAT side also continues. Wind Waker plays off of this ending to OoT, so it has no connection with what Link done when he went back in time because it is a separate timeline.

That's just the split timeline theory, not really a 'great calamity.' I don't really think it causes a rip in space time as much as a 'what if this happened instead' type of outcome.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Here's a quick summary:
Link stays after defeating Ganondorf: adult timeline, Ganon will eventually break his seal, and WW comes
Link goes back in time: After telling Zelda and King Hyrule what Ganondorf will do, he goes to look for Navi, where MM comes.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Bradley put it simplest IMO. Each timeline is basically a "what if" timeline. The adult timeline is "what if Ganondorf was sealed in the SR at the end of OoT?" and the child timeline is "what if Ganondorf's plans were discovered before he could act them out in OoT?" Both questions lead to their respective timelines.

Anyway, I think this has been explained to the best of its abilities so.....

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom