• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
If the trial ends at the end of the next night, then we have every reason to wait until then. It is illogical of the real Spider-Man to force things to come to a head without proper discussion. If anything, if he's being pressured, that suggests that pleading guilty might not be correct.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Because as Zinger said, this is inspired by lore but not exactly. It says they defeated the villains.
"Traveller captured Spider-Man and Kaine, subjecting Parker to a trial with the prisoners of Ravencroft as jury and Carnage as prosecutor. John Jameson and Doctor Kafka are appointed, but never get a chance to speak. He is unmasked and found guilty, but Traveller stops the group when Kaine defends Parker. He also removes the villains' knowledge that Spider-Man is Parker.[11]

Eventually, Traveller's falsehoods were revealed for what they were, and the Scriers turned against him. Traveller managed to escape as Gaunt killed the leader of the Scriers. Traveller was captured by Osborn's men and placed in a containment pod. He is eventually rescued by Chakra with the help of Spider-Man. His current activities are unknown.[12]"

Do we know whether or not we're on the second trial?
KoD defending Spiderman sounds like the second one

I have made the following update to the rules:
Zinger2099 said:
5.7 All of your Abilities—regardless of type—and any Conditions afflicting you only function when you are in the Active player pool. Unless an Ability or Condition specifically says otherwise, none of them apply to exiled or dead characters.
Someone correctly pointed out that there was nothing that specifically restricted a player from using abilities while dead or in exile (besides common sense, which, I would have thought applied, but, people...). It has been adjusted. Thanks for pointing out the oversight.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
If the trial ends at the end of the next night, then we have every reason to wait until then. It is illogical of the real Spider-Man to force things to come to a head without proper discussion. If anything, if he's being pressured, that suggests that pleading guilty might not be correct.

He's not being pressured, we laid out what would happen and he agreed to it.

We're on this game's trial. It seems to have elements of both the first and second trials.

I, at the very least, know how to end the Unkillable status that Spider-Man claimed to have: long before any trial was on our radar, he claimed his weakness to me, at that point so we could prevent it from coming to pass

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Just them? What about Freddeh being outed as the Green Goblin?
It's not known for a fact that Freddeh is Green Goblin. If he had flipped and was a threat to town he'd be there.
Point of clarity, @Rubik outed @Freddeh as Norman Osborn, at no point did anyone say he was the Green Goblin.

And much as it burns my bacon to say this because I very much don't trust my worst enemy in even the smallest regard, if I remember correctly, Norman was Town Aligned in A Spider-Man Mafia 2. I think he had a motivation to make Spider-Man lose, or like he couldn't win if Spider-Man also won, but his win condition was, I think, the same as the Towns. The Green Goblin in that game was one of his minions, who was Goblin Aligned, and his win condition was, I think, to kill Spider-Man and help Norman win.

tl;dr—Norman Osborn in the lore was the original Green Goblin, but is not necessarily the current Green Goblin or even necessarily Goblin Aligned.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Point of clarity, @Rubik outed @Freddeh as Norman Osborn, at no point did anyone say he was the Green Goblin.

And much as it burns my bacon to say this because I very much don't trust my worst enemy in even the smallest regard, if I remember correctly, Norman was Town Aligned in A Spider-Man Mafia 2. I think he had a motivation to make Spider-Man lose, or like he couldn't win if Spider-Man also won, but his win condition was, I think, the same as the Towns. The Green Goblin in that game was one of his minions, who was Goblin Aligned, and his win condition was, I think, to kill Spider-Man and help Norman win.

tl;dr—Norman Osborn in the lore was the original Green Goblin, but is not necessarily the current Green Goblin or even necessarily Goblin Aligned.
:v

fair

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Aaaaand just to back up my claims with some facts, bam:

Click there to see Norman Osborn's role pm in ASMM2. Norman was, again, played by Freddeh in that game, he was Town Aligned, but he had strong reasons to hunt down Town's ally, Spider-Man, because if he succeeded in offing SM, the Mod would tell him who the real Hobgoblin was (the big bad of that game).

Now, Freddeh's role in this game is undoubtedly different, but if it works even remotely in the same way then maybe killing Spider-Man might give Freddeh the keys to winning this game for Town again. All speculation mind you, and being I am the real Spider-Man, I certainly won't volunteer to test that theory, but yeah... Worth mentioning.

I'd like to see Freddeh do a full-claim, given Rubik's assertion of who he (again) happens to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom